本段对话选自Drop Dead Diva,《美女上错身》
Redirect, your honor.Dr.Huxley...How was David Beckham the second created?
我还有问题,法官大人。赫胥黎博士…可否请你叙述大卫贝克汉姆二世的复制过程?
Our scientist used skin cells from David Beckham first to extract DNA which then they fused with an egg to create the clone.
我们的科学家用大卫贝克汉姆一世的皮肤组织抽出DNA之后与卵细胞融合,创造复制体。
I see. In the sales contract that your clients sign, what does it say about personality traits?
我了解了。你的客户们签下的合约书里对于个性特征的部分,怎么说明?
It states that we cannot guarantee specific traits.
合约写明了我们无法保证相同的特征。
Did Wallace Haft sign this contract?Yes.
华莱士哈福特是否签下了合约? 是的。
And did you supply with an exact genetic clone? Yes.
而你是否也交出了相同基因的复制狗?是的。
In fact, the DNA match has been verified by three labs.
事实上,我们已将两只狗的DNA送去三间实验室比对,
We,d like to enter the results as exhibit A, B, and C.
希望将其列为证物A, B,C。
And now, your honor. The defense moves for a directed verdict.
现在法官大人,我们希望可以有直接裁决。
Excuse me!Objection!
什么!反对!
We all feel badly for Mr.Haffs loss, He misses his dog...And the endorsement.
我们对于哈福特先生的损失感到抱歉。他想念他的狗…和他的签名背书。
But the plaintiff hasn't provided an iota of evidence of any wrong doing.
但原告根本没有提出一丁点不当行为的证据。