Todd: Now Kate, you said that you actually had exchange students live with you…
托德:凯特,你说过你曾和交换学生一起住在……
Kate: I did.
凯特:是的。
Todd: …in New Zealand.
托德:……在新西兰。
Kate: I've had 3 exchange students.
凯特:我家里曾住过三个交换学生。
Todd: Ok, can you talk about each one?
托德:好,你能分别介绍一下他们吗?
Kate: Yep, the first one, she was very young, she was 14 I think at the time, so it was quite difficult for her to come to another country by herself, but by the end of 2 weeks she was in tears when she left our family. She was just so happy and overjoyed. And we still keep in contact.
凯特:好的,首先第一个,这个女孩年龄非常小,当时她只有14岁,所以对她来说独自来到一个陌生的国家非常难,两周后交换结束时她离开我家时哭了。那是因为她太开心了,可以说是欣喜若狂。现在我和她还有联系。
Todd: What was her name?
托德:她叫什么名字?
Kate: Ariko.
凯特:她叫Ariko。
Todd: Oh, ok.
托德:好。
Kate: Ariko.
凯特:名字是Ariko。
Todd: So were all the exchange students from Japan?
托德:那这些交换学生都来自日本吗?
Kate: They were. Three from Japan.
凯特:是的。都来自日本。
Todd: Who else did you have come to stay with you?
托德:还有哪个交换学生在你家住过?
Kate: The next one was interesting. She was from Kanto.. Kansai, near Osaka in Japan. And she actually…she was in a band, a brass band, an orchestra. She actually came to New Zealand to just play in this orchestra. She was a very lovely girl. She spoke fluent English so we had no problems in communicating.
凯特:第二个交换学生非常有意思。她来自关东……抱歉,是关西地区,在日本大阪附近。实际上她是乐队成员,是铜管乐队,管弦乐队的成员。她来新西兰就是为了参加这个管弦乐队。她是个非常可爱的女孩。她能说流利的英语,所以我们在交流上完全没有问题。
Todd: How long did she stay?
托德:她住了多长时间?
Kate: She stayed for 3 weeks actually. A bit longer.
凯特:她住了三周的时间。要稍微长一些。
Todd: You said there was one more…
托德:你说过还有一名交换学生……
Kate: One more was Ayako. She was older, she was actually more my brother's age so she spent a lot of time with my brother rather than with me 'cause I was going to school every day.
凯特:对,最后一个交换学生叫绫子。她的年龄要大一些,其实她和我哥哥的年龄差不多,所以相比我来说,她和我哥哥待在一起的时间更长,因为我每天都要去上学。
Todd: Oh, I see.
托德:哦,我知道了。
Kate: But we still got on very well. And my most memorable moment was going horse riding with her.
凯特:不过我们相处得很好。我印象最深的就是和她一起去骑马。
Todd: Oh, nice. Had she been on a horse before?
托德:真好。她以前骑过马吗?
Kate: No, first time.
凯特:没有,那是第一次。
Todd: She must have been pretty scared of the horses!
托德:她一定非常害怕马!
Kate: Yeah she was.
凯特:没错,她很害怕。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载