1、end up
(通常指意外地)最终到达
The result was that the engine ended up at the bottom of the canal.
结果引擎最终沉到了运河底。
She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's cellar.
她带着孩子逃亡,从一个邻居家跑到另一个邻居家,最后逃到了一个朋友的地下室。
最终;结果;到头来
If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,到头来你可能得非所愿。
Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.
每次他们去跳舞,都会不欢而散。
2、confess
承认,供认,坦白(自己做错的事)
He had confessed to seventeen murders.
他供认了17起谋杀案。
Her husband confessed to having had an affair.
她丈夫承认有过外遇。
(向上帝或神甫)忏悔,告解(罪过)
You just go to the church and confess your sins.
你干脆去教堂忏悔自己的罪过吧。
Once we have confessed our failures and mistakes to God, we should stop feeling guilty.
一旦我们向上帝告明了自己的过失和错误,就不该再觉得内疚。
我承认,我必须承认(用来对自己的过失等略表歉意)
I confess it's got me baffled.
我承认这把我难倒了。
I must confess I'm not a great enthusiast for long political programmes.
我必须承认自己对时间很长的政治节目不是很热衷。