第一, 情景对话
A: Don't tell my sister about my failure.
我失败的事别告诉我姐姐。
B: Why not?
为什么呢?
A: If she knows about it, she'll keep mocking me. There will be no end of it.
如果让她知道了,她会没完没了地嘲笑我的。
B: I promise.
我保证不说。
第二, 词海拾贝
no end:没完没了
解析:这个一个名词短语,通常用语的句式有:There is no end to do something(something). (某事没完没了。)Someone has no end of something. (某人做某事没完没了。)
e.g. I' ve had no end of problems recently.
近来我的问题没完没了。
e.g. I had no end of a benefit getting things straight.
我那收拾东西的好差事没完没了。
e.g. There seemed no end to the hidden enemies at whom he raved.
他极力反对的隐蔽的敌人似乎还没有停止活动。
e.g. There is no end to his grumbles.
他的抱怨没完没了。
第三, 语汇积累
1. mock:嘲笑,嘲弄
e.g. The other children mocked her, laughing behind their hands.
其他的孩子嘲笑她,正用手捂着嘴笑。
2. tell somebody about something:告诉某人某事
e.g. If you've got any grouses, you’d better tell me about them.
你若有什么不满就跟我说。
e.g. He had the President's permission to tell me about it.
他经总统许可要把情况告诉我。
3. know about:了解……,知晓……
e.g. He says I'm getting too old to know about the youth market.
他说我年纪太大了,了解不到年轻顾客的真正要求。
e.g. Nothing in Germany happens that he does not approve and know about.
德国的事务他没有不管的,也没有不知道的。
4. keep doing something:不停地做某事
e.g. If I don't nip it in the bud, he'll keep doing it.
如果我不防患于未然,他会继续干这种事的。
e.g. We keep waiting outside for quite some time.
我们被关在外面等了好一会儿。