Two students from Haikou University of Economics died after drowning in an artificial lake under construction on the campus, announced the university on Saturday.
海口经济学院周六通报:该校两名学生在校园内一个正在建设的人工湖中溺水身亡。
There are an estimated 320,000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.
全球每年有约32万起溺亡事故发生。
Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide.
溺水是全世界第三大意外伤害死亡原因。
How to avoid drowning?
如何避免溺水?
For example, only swim with other people or where a lifeguard is nearby. That said, you should never rely on lifeguards alone. Taking responsibility for your own safety should be paramount.
比如,游泳时必须有他人在场,或附近有救生员。但切记不可仅依靠救生员,而是要自己为自己的安全负责。
When you find yourself at risk of drowning:
当发现自己处于溺水风险之中时:
You’ll tire yourself out in no time flat. Instead, tread water or try to float to conserve energy. You only need to get your nose or mouth barely above the surface.
这样会很快耗尽体力。相反,你只需要踩水或漂浮来保存体力,让鼻子或嘴略高于水面即可。
If taking children into the water:
如果带孩子一起下水:
Stay in the water with your child at all times within touching distance.
和孩子近距离待在水里,一刻不要远离
If you need to leave a pool area, take your child with you.
如果要离开泳池,带上孩子一起离开。
If you find someone drowning, how do you save them?
一旦发现有人溺水,该如何施救?
Firstly, and most importantly, don’t become a casualty yourself! Use anything you can to get them out of the water, but don’t put your own safety at risk.
首先,最重要的是不要让你自己溺水!尝试用一切东西将落水者拉出水里,但不要把你自身的安全置于危险之中。
If you’re on your own, shout for help but don’t delay moving on to the lifesaving techniques.
在只有你一个人的情况下,马上寻求帮助并呼叫救护车,但同时也要开始进行抢救。
来源:中国新闻网 海口经济学院网站 南方都市报 应急管理部微信
本文转载自中国日报网,如有侵权,请联系我们删除。