你想什么呢?
What's on your mind?
What's on your mind? (你想什么呢?)
I'm worried about my wife. (我有点担心我的妻子。)
What are you thinking of?
没想什么。/没什么。
Nothing.
和往常一样。
Another day, another dollar.
How was work today? (今天工作怎么样?)
Another day, another dollar. (和往常一样。)
你来的正是时候。
You've come just in time.
You've come at the right moment.
You've come at the right time.
原来你在这儿啊!
There you are! *用于终于找到了要找的人时。
There you are! (原来你在这儿啊!)
Were you looking for me? (你找我?)
Gotcha! *俚语。
Here you are.
Found you!
杰夫在吗?
Is Jeff around?
Is Jeff around? (杰夫在吗?)
He was here a few minutes ago. (几分钟前他还在这儿来着。)
你见到斯科特了吗?
Have you seen Scott? 多用于公司和学校。
Have you seen Scott? (你见到斯科特吗?)
No, not today. (没有,今天没看见他。)
我偶然碰到了他。
I ran into him. *run into “没想到的,偶然的相遇”。
I bumped into him.
哎,你猜我昨天遇见谁了?
Guess who I bumped into yesterday?
Guess who I bumped into yesterday? (哎,你猜我昨天遇见谁了?)
Who? (谁呀?)
我跟他素不相识。
He's a stranger to me. *表示“以前从没见过面”。
●好久不见
好久不见。
It's been a long time. *当别人这么对自己说时,通常用It sure has.来回答。
好久不见。
It's been so long.
John, is that you? (你是约翰吧?)
Yeah, it's been so long. (是我,好久没见。)
好久没见了。
Long time no see. *比较随便的说法。对方一般回答Yeah, how have you been?/Yeah, too long.
Long time no see. (好久没见了。)
Yeah, how have you been? (是呀,你还好吗?)
I haven't seen you for a long time.
I haven't seen you for ages.
还好吧?
How have you been?
How have you been? (还好吧?)
I've been all right. (嗯,挺好的。)
最近怎么样?
How have you been doing? *询问对方的身体和近况。
How have you been doing? (最近怎么样?)
I've been alright. (干得还不错。)
忙什么呢?
What have you been doing? *用来询问没见面的这段时间里的情况。
What have you been doing? (忙什么呢?)
Just working. (上班呗。)
What have you been doing? (忙什么呢?)
Nothing much. (没忙什么。)
What have you been up to?
你去哪儿了?
Where have you been?
很高兴又见到你。
I'm glad to see you again. *回答这句时说So am I. (我也是)。see可以用meet代替。去掉again则带有初次见面的语感。
I'm happy to see you.
Nice to see you.
It's great seeing you again.
你一点儿都没变。
You haven't changed at all.
You're the same old Bob, aren't you? (鲍勃,你还是老样子。)
你没怎么变。
You haven't changed much.
You haven't changed much. (你没怎么变。)
Neither have you. (你也没变。)
你变样了。
You've really changed.
你长大了。
You've grown up.
You're all grown up now.