美国俚语大全

时间:2005-5-13 14:31:13  作者:alex 鍙彲鑻辫-骞磋交浜虹殑鑻辫鍚璁粌骞冲彴
美国俚语大全

>Unfortunately, the deal did not pan out. I lost a thousand dollars.
这笔生意不幸没有成功,我损失了1,000美元。
美国口语俚语(18)
1.screw someone over欺负某人
After working in the office for ten years, Alice was fired for no apparent reason. How can they screw her over like that?
  爱丽斯工作了十年之后,无缘无故被炒鱿鱼。他们怎么可以这样欺负她呢?
2.down to the wire等到最后一刻才开始做事
Peter always waits until the last minute to do his work. I could never leave it down to the wire like that.
彼得总是等到最后一刻才开始做事。我从不想他那样等到最后一刻才开始干。
3.buck抗拒
You can’t buck the system.
你无法抗拒整个制度。
4.blockhead笨蛋
Arnold is a blockhead if I ever saw one.
阿诺德是我见过的最笨的人。
5.blow the lid off揭发(丑闻)
That newspaper story blew the lid off the Senator’s illegal business deals.
报纸的报道揭发了参议员的非法勾当。

 

美国口语俚语(19)
1.round up集合
Round everybody up. It’s time for our business meeting.
叫大家集合,开会时间到了。
2.put someone up留宿某人
I can put you up for a couple of days. My apartment is big enough for two people.
你可以在我这里住几天。我的公寓可以住两个人。
3.take care of business负责
Who’s going to take care of business while I am away?
我不在的时候谁负责?
4.take out on拿…出气
Don’t take your frustrations out on me.
别把气出在我身上。
5.hot stuff大人物
He thinks he’s hot stuff. But everybody else thinks he’s a jerk.
他自以为了不得,但其他人认为他是个傻瓜。

 

美国口语俚语(20)
1.nitty-gritty细节,基本情况
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. I want to hear what happens next.
让我们来认真了解详细的情况,我想知道后来发生了什么。
2.no good很糟
This typewriter is no good. Every time I use it, the ribbon falls out.
这台打字机很糟。每次已用,色带就掉下来。
3.  have someone’s number清楚某人的底细,看穿某人
She dare not do anything to me, I have her number.
她不敢对我怎么样的,因为我对她的底细一清二楚。
4.  hot number新鲜、迷人的人或事务,尤物
       Tom thinks Sherry is a hot number.
       Tom认为Sherry是个尤物。
5.  off the hook逃脱,溜掉,不受罚
  I’ll let you off the hook this time, but don’t do that again.
  这次不罚你,下次不要这样干了。
美国口语俚语(21)
1.hunky-dory没问题
Everything here is hunky-dory. Don’t worry.
别担心,这里一切都没问题。
2.I kid you not我不骗你
I kid you not. I saw this woman talking to her hand.
我不骗你。我看见这个女人跟她的手说话。
3.pop one’s cork大发脾气
I’ve never seen Teresa pop her cork before. I always thought she was a very laid-back person.
我从来没见过Teresa发脾气。我原来一直以为她是个好好小姐。
4.poke one’s nose into something多管闲事
Gladys is always poking her nose into ot

上一页  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] 下一页





6小时掌握学英语的秘诀!--点击看答案      推荐:要考试,想通过,必上考试吧!





  • 上一个英语学习:

  • 下一个英语学习:
  • 相关资讯...

    最新英语资讯

    最新英语资料下载

    光影社区栏目导航

      鍙彲鑻辫-骞磋交浜虹殑鑻辫鍚璁粌骞冲彴