饮料
日常生活中总少不了要喝点酒,不喜欢或不能喝酒的人则可以来点soft drink,再不然就喝点tea…
总之都能选到自己喜欢的“drink”。
专家说偶尔喝杯红酒对人身体有好处。
Experts say that a glass of red wine occasionally will do one’s health a world of good.
★ occasionally ad. 有时候,偶尔
● a world of“极大的,极多的”
多喝茶会让你的牙齿变黄,但是对你的身体有好处。
Too much tea will brown your teeth, but it’s good for your health.
■“brown”在这里用作动词,译为“染黄”。
要加冰吗?Do you want some ice in your drink?
○ I’d like it on the rocks. 我想在酒里放些冰块。
○ I’d like a soda, no ice. 我要一杯汽水,不要冰。
在大热天没有什么能够像冰饮料那样让人神清气爽。
Nothing is as refreshing as ice-cold drinks on a hot day.
★ refreshing a. 提神的,凉爽的
没有咖啡,我早上就起不了床。
Without a coffee, I can never get up in the morning.
■ 这句话是双重否定句。
除非你完全清醒了,我才会让你开车。
I’m not letting you get behind the wheel until you’ve sobered up.
● sober up“(使)酒醒或清醒”
■“get behind the wheel”中的“wheel”是指汽车的“方向盘”。
因此,这句话的意思就是“开车”(坐在方向盘后面)。
我已经喝了两三瓶啤酒了。I’ve had a couple of beers.
○ I can’t drink any more. 我不能再喝了。
你想喝冰茶吗?Do you want some iced tea?
● iced tea“冰茶”
请加一点点糖。Please add a little sugar.
○ No sugar, please. 请不要放糖。
我的胃受不了冷饮。Cold drinks don’t agree with my stomach.
★ stomach n. 胃,胃部
● agree with“适合(某人的身体或胃口)”
越凉越好。The cooler, the better.
○ The hotter, the better. 越热越好。
又开胃又可口。It’s appetizing and tasty.
★ appetizing a. 开胃的,引起食欲的
★ tasty a. 可口的,美味的