Now listen to a conversation between two students.
请听下面两个学生之间的对话。
Hey, Mark, how's it going?
Mark,最近怎么样?
Hmm, not too good!
不太好!
What's wrong?
怎么了?
Well, you know how I'm president of the anthropology club,
你知道的,我是人类学社团的会长,
well, I'm supposed to drive everyone in the club to see a special exhibit at the museum tomorrow.
明天我本该开车带社团里的所有人去博物馆看一个特殊的展览的。
My mom said I could borrow her van, you know, so everyone would fit,
我妈妈说她可以给我借她的面包车,这样就能坐下所有人了,
but unfortunately, it broke down, and it's not gonna be repaired in time for the trip.
可是不幸的是,这辆面包车坏了,赶不及在出发之前修好。
Oh! So what're you going to do? Can you rent a van?
啊!那你打算怎么办?能不能租辆面包车呢?
Yeah, that's a possibility. A little risky for me, though.
嗯,可以啊。只不过对我来说有点冒险。
I've tried to get in touch with the club members
我给社团所有的人都打过电话了,
but only four have gotten back to me and said they could contribute some money for the cause.
但是只有四个人给我回了电话说可以出点钱租车。
What about the other members?
那其他成员呢?
I don't know! It'd probably be OK with them, too. But that's the risk.
我不知道啊!他们可能会同意吧,但还是有点冒险。
I don't know for sure. I don't want to get stuck with having to pay for most of the bill.
我不确定。我可不想最后要自己一个人付大部分的钱。
Well, since not everyone has gotten back to you,
那...既然不是所有人都回复了你,
what don't you just postpone the trip, you know, until your mom's van's been repaired?
你为什么不干脆推迟行程呢,等你妈妈的面包车修好再说?
Yeah, I could do that,
嗯,也可以这么做。
though I'm sure everyone would be disappointed when they show up tomorrow ready to go and found out that we're not going.
不过我相信明天大家集合准备出发却发现我们去不成了的时候肯定很失望。