手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福口语 > 托福口语真题听写训练 > 正文

托福口语TPO-25 听力部分(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

City University is planning to change its graduation ceremony.

城市大学打算对毕业典礼做一些改动。
Read an article about the change in a campus newspaper.
请阅读这篇摘自校报的关于这次变动的文章。
You will have 50 seconds to read the article. Begin reading now.
你将有50秒的时间阅读文章。现在开始计时。
Now listen to two students discussing the article.
两个学生正在讨论这篇文章,请听他们的对话。

Woman: You know, I wish they wouldn't do this.

女:我希望他们不要这么做。
Man: Why?
男:为什么?
Woman: Well, I think it's unnecessary, I mean, as far as the first reason goes.
女:因为我觉得没有必要啊。就拿第一个理由来说吧。
Yeah, sure, it takes a long time to have everyone receive their diploma individually, especially now that there are more students, but there's an easy way to make it shorter.
没错,分别给每个学生颁发毕业证书是要花很长时间,尤其是现在学生人数比以往多,但是也有一个简单的办法可以缩短时间啊。
Man: What's that?
男:什么办法?
Woman: Reduce the number of speeches.
女:减少演讲的数量啊。
I mean, a lot of people give speeches, students, professors, administrators, the president of the university.
毕业典礼上演讲的人太多了,学生、教授、行政人员、校长都要发表讲话。
Do we really need that many speeches?
我们真的需要那么多演讲吗?
Man: Probably not, and a lot of the speeches are pretty boring anyway, so, yeah, we probably could cut out a few.
男:可能不需要,而且反正这些演讲里很多都很无聊,所以也许可以删掉一些。
Woman: Yeah, and I don't think their second reason's very good either, about the space.
女:对,而且我觉得他们的第二个理由也不怎么样,关于空间方面的。
Man: How's that?
男:为什么呢?
Woman: The problem isn't the size of the hall.
女:问题不在于礼堂的大小。
It's that they allow students to invite too many people to come and watch.
而是他们允许学生邀请了太多人来参加和观看典礼。
All they need to do is reduce the number of guests each graduating student gets to invite.
他们只需要减少每个毕业生能够邀请的来宾数量就可以了。
Man: Yeah, I guess that could solve the problem.
男:嗯,我想这样应该能解决问题。
Woman: Yeah, I mean, right now each graduating student can invite up to ten people.
女:是啊,现在每个毕业生最多可以邀请十个人。
That's too many. At most schools, students only get to invite like four or five people.
这也太多了。在大部分学校,学生只能邀请大概四到五个人。
If we just said, “OK, you can only invite six people.”
如果我们说;“好吧,你们只能邀请六个人来参加典礼。”
That'll still be more than most other schools and the ceremony could stay the way it is.
那还是比大部分其他学校的名额要多,而且毕业典礼也能按原来的进行。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
ceremony ['seriməni]

想一想再看

n. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪

 
unnecessary [ʌn'nesisəri]

想一想再看

adj. 不必要的,多余的

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。