56.隐形眼镜引起的冲突
"I would like to have a conference with your manager!" John said.
"我想和你们经理谈一谈!"约翰说。
"Everything you told me about these new contact lenses was contradictory to what the warranty says."
"你给我介绍的这种新隐形眼镜的情况与担保书上写的相矛盾。"
"But sir," the salesman said, you can't just confront the management with your problem.
"可是,"先生售货员说,"你不能就这样拿你的问题去和管理部门对质。
You have to first fill out the paperwork."
你得先办好手续。"
"That's what you said last time.
"你上次就是这么说的。
I have since consulted with my lawyers and they say that your business practices consist of fraud!"
我已经请教过我的律师,他们说你们做生意有欺诈行为! "
"Now don't confuse the law with this..." the salesman stated.
"好了,别把法律跟这个混为一谈……"售货员说。
"You bet I will," John growled back.
"我当然要了。"约翰怒冲冲地说。
"Now, unless you want the police to confine you to a prison cell, you'd better connect me with your boss!"
"除非你想让警察把你关起来,不然你最好让我跟你老板联系! "
When the salesman finally consented to get his boss, John said he would wait.
售货员终于答应把老板叫来,约翰这才说他可以等等。
When the boss came into the room, John said "Hello.
老板过来时约翰说,喂,老板,
Now, if you don't want me to come back with my lawyer, please don't confuse me with an idiot!
如果你不想让我带律师来,那就别把我当傻瓜!
I know that your practices are in conflict with state regulations!"
我可知道 你们是违规操作!"
"Whoa. Please forgive me. My salesman just filled me in on your complaint.
哦,请原谅。我的售货员刚跟我讲了你提的意见。
We'll be happy to replace your contact lenses.
"我们愿意给你换隐形眼镜。
Please leave your lawyer out of this!"
请你别把律师扯进来! "
"That's very considerate of you," John replied calmly.
"你考虑得很周到,"约翰平静地回答说。
"But are you going to conform to regulations so that you don't cheat the next customer?"
"可是你们会遵守规则不欺骗下一个顾客吗?"
"I'll consort with my staff about that and we'll do our best.
"我和我的员工会一致努力。
We have always been consistent in responding to the demands of our customers in the past.
过去我们一贯重视顾客们的要求。
I'm sure we will be this time as well." the manager replied.
我相信,这次我们也会这样。"经理回答说。
"Good. But I promise you. If you don't comply, I'll have my lawyers turn this place into a construction site!"
"好极了。可我向你保证,如果你不按规则办事,我会叫律师们过来把你这个地方变成建筑工地!"