57.斯库巴潜水
As the scuba divers converged upon the beach after their dive in the coral reef, they were all looking forward to a good old cook out!
在珊瑚礁潜完水之后,斯库巴潜水员都汇聚在海滩上,他们正等待着一次开心的野餐!
"Whew! This will be great! I've been longing to kick up my heels the whole afternoon!" Jake said.
"哟!太棒了!整个下午我都在盼望着好好庆祝一番!"杰克说。
"Yeah that last dive was beautiful. But I'm glad we can cool down now! Man that water is hot!"
"这次潜水真是太爽了。不过我很高兴现在我们能冷静下来!那水可真热!"
Tom added."So what are the locals going to cook up?"
汤姆补充道。"当地居民准备弄点什么吃的?"
"Oh,you know, the usual. Squid,fish,sea cucumber!"
"噢,你是知道的,像平时一样,还不是鱿鱼、鱼、海参!"
"Mmmrnm. Sounds great. Is there anywhere nearby where I can convert my dollars into the local currency?"
"嗯……,听起来不错。这里有地方把我的美元换成地方货币吗?"
"You don't need that. They accept dollars here.
"你没有必要换。他们这里收美元。
These people are quite a contrast with the locals of the previous island.
这里的人与以前的岛民大不一样。
Contrary to other cook out spots, these locals know how to take care of visitors!" Jake added.
与其他野餐地点相反的是,这里的居民知道如何照顾好游客!"杰克又补充道。
"So how much do we have to contribute to the cost of dinner?" Tom asked.
"那我们要出多少餐费呢?"汤姆问。
"Nothing. It's on me!"
"一分都不出。我全包了!"
"Can you cope with that? You've paid every night so far!"
"你应付得了吗?每次晚上都是你掏的钱!"
"Well have you noticed, Tom? We're on a remote island.
"你注意到了吗,汤姆?我们是在一座孤岛上。
The cost of dinner correlates well with our distance from civilization.
晚餐的费用与我们离文明的距离是相关的。
It's practically nothing! Hey, you cooperate with me and I'll take you to even more beautiful places to dive!"
这顿饭几乎花不了什么钱!嘿,你好好跟我合作,我会带你到更美的地方去潜水!"
"So do you have some list of islands, or some guide that you follow that I can copy down for when I come back here by myself?" Tom asked further.
"那你是不是列个岛屿名单,或者有个我能抄来的路线图?这样我就能自己来这里了。"汤姆进一步问。
"Nope. They just correspond to the layout and flow of the reefs.
"没有。这些岛屿珊瑚的布局和走向是一致的。
Once you hit a reef, just follow one island to the next!"
只要碰到珊瑚礁,你就可以顺着一座岛找到下一座岛。"
"Cool! Let's eat!"
"太酷了!我们开餐吧!"