146.Looking for a Girlfriend
146.找女朋友
Gwenyth thought about finding a woman for Mark for a while.
格温妮丝想了一会儿给马克找女朋友的事。
Then she remembered an old friend that she had lost contact with who would be perfect for him.
这时她想起了一位老朋友,她与她失去了联系,但对马克很合适。
"Brad. How about Marianne?" She asked.
"布拉德,玛丽安娜怎么样?"她问。
"Marianne? Isn't she fat? I lost track of her!
"玛丽安娜?你不觉得她有点儿胖吗?我记不清她长什么样啦!
You mean for a love affair with Mark? C'mon, Brad laughed.
你的意思是让她和马克发展恋爱关系?得了吧。"布拉德笑了。
"Don't lose sight of how picky he is with women!"
"别忘了马克找女朋友有多挑剔!"
"I heard she had lost weight!" Gwenyth said, as she was lost in thought.
"嗯,我听说她变瘦了!"格温妮丝说,她陷入了沉思。
"I think I remember where she likes to go for lunch hour! It's just around the comer!"
"我想我记得午休时她喜欢去哪里!就是这个拐角处!"
"Give it up! If she's even a tiny bit overweight it will be a lost cause!"
"算了吧!只要她哪怕有一点点超重,这件事就注定会告吹!"
"Don't lose heart! Let's see if she has changed first!
"别泄气!让我们先看看她变了没有!
I don't want to introduce a dud to Mark either! I'd lose face if I did that!"
我也不想给马克介绍一个不般配的人。如果那样我也会丢面子的!"
When Gwenyth and Marie walked into the restaurant down the street they immediately saw Marianne!
格温妮丝和马克来到街头那家餐馆时一眼就看到了玛丽安娜!
"Lucky you!" Brad whispered to Gwenyth. "She looks great!"
"你真走运!"布拉德悄悄对格温妮丝说。"她看上去好极了!"
"Don't lose your head! You're mine!" Gwenyth whispered back with a smile.
"别失去控制!你是我的!"格温妮丝笑着小声答道。
Then she happened to glance in the lost-and-found box on the main counter.
这时她正好看到前台上的失物招领箱。
"Hey! Those are my old gloves! I lost those months ago!"
"嘿,这是我的那双旧手套!几个月前我把它们弄丢了!"
"Great!" Brad said. "But don't lose your train of thought.
"太棒了!"布拉德说。"可是别忘了。
We have to approach her with the right tact so that she'll be interested in meeting Mark!"
我们得想个合适的办法接近她,这样她才会有兴趣跟马克见面!"
"Just give me one more kiss!" Gwenyth said. Brad kissed her.
"那就再吻我一下吧! "格温妮丝说。布拉德吻了她。"
"There! That's the machine oil I needed to get my gears working right! Let's go! We have a fish to catch!"
"好啦!这是我进入工作状态所需要的机油!我们走吧!我们得钓一条鱼!"