Kathleen: The heroine of Pride and Prejudice is Elizabeth Bennet. She is one of the greatest and most 7)complex 8)characters ever written, not that you would know.
凯瑟琳:《傲慢与偏见》的女主人翁是伊丽莎白。贝纳特,她是小说作品中最伟大、最复杂的角色之一,你不会知道的。
Joe: As a matter of fact, I‘ve read it.
乔:事实上我已经拜读。
Kathleen: Oh, well, good for you.
凯瑟琳:噢,是,对你有好处。
Joe: I think you‘ll discover a lot of things if you really knew me.
乔:我想如果你真的了解我,你会发现很多很多东西。
Kathleen: If I really knew you, I know what I would find instead of a brain, a 9)cash register, instead of a heart, a 10)bottom line.
凯瑟琳:如果我真的了解你,我知道我会发现什么,我会发现你不是一个有头脑的人,而是一台收银机,残酷无情,没有人性。
Joe: What?
乔:什么?
Kathleen: I just had a 11)breakthrough.
凯瑟琳:我刚刚有了一项突破。
Joe: What is it?
乔:什么突破?
Kathleen: I have you to thank for it, for the first time in my life when 12)confronted with a 13)horrible, 14)insensitive person I knew exactly what I wanted to say and I said it.
凯瑟琳:这要感谢你,在我人生中第一次当面面对一个恐怖、冷漠的家伙时,我确切知道了自己想说什么,并且说了出来。
Joe: Well, I think you have a 15)gift for it. It was a perfect 16)blend of poetry and 17)meanness.
乔:噢,我认为你有这方面的天赋。刚才真是诗意加卑劣啊。
Kathleen: Meanness, let me tell you something about meanness…
凯瑟琳:卑劣,我来告诉你什么叫卑劣……
Joe: Don‘t misunderstand me. I’m just trying to pay you a 18)compliment.
乔:别误会我的意思。我只是想夸夸你。
Kathleen: Oh, oh, why are you touching that? What are you doing?
凯瑟琳:噢,哦,你动它干嘛?你想干什么?