1.Absolem? Why are you upside down?
upside down “上下颠倒”;
Everything was turned upside down.
事情都乱了套。
You hold it upside down.
你拿倒了。
He turns everything upside down.
他使每件事翻搅得乱七八糟。
2.come to the end of...“到了...的末尾”;
When you come to the end of the street, bear to the left.
当你走到街道尽头时,向左转。
I have come to the end of my patience.
我已经忍耐到极点了。
3.as...as...“和...一样”,用于比较句型,中间插入的是形容词或副词的原级。意思是"达到与什么相同的程度"。
He is as strong as a horse. 他力大如牛。
Your pen writes as smoothly as mine.你的钢笔书写起来和我的一样流畅。
This film is as interesting as that one.这部电影和那部电影一样有趣。
4.What do you call yourself? “你叫什么名字?”
与what's your name?意思相同。
5.I'm certain of it.
be certain of sth.“确信,对...有把握”;
We are certain of victory.
我们一定会获得胜利。
Are you certain of that ?
你对那事有把握吗?
6.It wasn't a dream at all.
not...at all“根本不...”;
注意:当not at all单独使用时,其意思是“不用谢,不客气,没关系”,而当它用在句中时,意思和not...at all一样,即”根本不...“;
I'm not at all satisfied.
我一点也不满意。
--Thank you so much for your help.感谢你的大力帮助。
--Not at all. 别客气。
7.All you have to do, is hold on to it.
hold on to it”坚持,把握住“;
My father said that if we believe something was true, we should hold on to it.
父亲说如果我们相信某事是真的,就应该坚持。