签下这份承诺书,你的遗体会捐献给一项崇高的事业。你可以... 得到救赎的机会。我的研究可以让你重生。——《终结者》
consent: 同意,许可,赞成
My father will never give his consent to our marriage.
我父亲决不会同意我们的婚事的。
His father would not consent to his leaving school.
他的父亲不会同意他放弃学业。
I agree with you, but yet I can't consent.
我同意你的意见, 但是我不能答应。
Dr. Kogan: You are doing something very noble.
你做了一项非常崇高的事情。
-Marcus: I'm guilty. Just cut me up until there's nothing left.
我罪大恶极。赶紧把我碎尸万段吧。——《终结者》
noble: 高尚的,崇高的
His noble example inspired the rest of us to greater efforts.
他那高尚的榜样激发我们大家更加努力。
These few words fully revealed her noble quality.
这寥寥数语充分显示了她的高贵品质。
Father: Though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death. I will fear no evil. For you are with me, your rod and my staff, they comfort me.
我虽然行过死荫的幽谷。我无所畏惧,因为你与我同在,在您的指引下,您的仆从会来安慰我。
-Man: Do you have any last words?
最后还有什么要说的吗?——《终结者》
comfort: 安慰
I tried to comfort him after he was defeated by his opponent.
他被对手击败后,我尽力安慰他。
They tried to comfort her, but what could they say?
他们想要安慰她,但能说什么呢?
To hunt down and eradicate humans, Skynet built terminators. As the war rages on,leaders of the human resistance.
为了彻底灭绝人类,天网制造了终结者,伴随战争的日益激烈,人类抵抗力量的首领们——《终结者》
eradicate: 根除,根绝
He eradicated weeds in his garden.
他把花园中的杂草根除了。
They attempted to eradicate crime.
他们力图根除罪恶。
The disease has now been successfully eradicated from the world.
这种疾病已经成功地从世界上根除了。
Olson: This mission is a quick in-and-out. Command deems the information on those computers should be at the highest priority.
deem: 认为,相信
这项任务,动作必须麻利,指挥部发话,搞到计算机里的情报,是我们的首要任务。——《终结者》
priority n. 优先,优先权
This is the key and should be given top priority.
这是关键,要放在第一位。
Housework is low on her list of priorities.
在她那些非做不可的事情中,家务活并不重要。
You must decide what your priorities are.
你应该分清轻重缓急。
Vehicles coming from the right have priority.
从右边驶来的车辆享有优先通行权。