插播一条消息:蒙面治安成员Rorschach 几小时前在清晨袭击一名警员。
assault: 袭击
They made an assault on the enemy's position.
他们突袭敌人的阵地。
The enemy scarcely had time to dig in before our assault was on.
敌人还没来得及挖好掩体,我们的进攻就开始了。
Muggers often assault their victims on dark streets.
歹徒时常在黑暗的街道上攻击被害者。
-Pat: Zero. The Soviets would never risk going to war when we have a walking nuclear deterrent on our side.
零。苏联绝不会冒险发起战争,毕竟我们这里有核威慑导航力量。
-Anchorman: You're referring, of course, to Dr. Manhattan but does Dr. Manhattan's existence guarantee world peace? Eleanor Clift.
您显然是在影射Manhattan 博士。可Manhattan 博士的存在真能保障世界和平吗?Eleanor,你说呢。
risk: 冒…的危险
If you don't warm up before taking exercise, you risk injuring yourself.
假如运动前不做准备活动,你就有受伤的危险。
The investor is not willing to risk the money in any investment.
投资者不愿承受将这笔钱用于投资的风险。
guarantee: 保证
We cannot guarantee the punctual arrival of trains in fogy weather.
雾天我们不能保证火车准时到达。
The possession of a degree does not guarantee you a job.
拥有一个学位不能保证你找到工作。
-Dan: You don't think that's a little paranoid?
你不觉得这也太妄想了吧?
paranoid: 类似妄想症的
My father locks every door in the house as he is paranoid about being robbed.
我父亲患有妄想狂,常感到家里会失窃,所以总是把每扇门都锁上。
Wherever you roam. And admit that the waters around you have grown
不论走到哪,到处都是水。
And accept it that soon. You'll be drenched to the bone.
你最好接受这一点。你会变成落汤鸡的。
drench: 湿透
We were caught in the storm and got drenched.
我们遇上大雨全都被浇透了。
My shirt is drench with sweat. I wish i'd bring an extra one along.
我的衬衫被汗水湿透了。要是多带一件来就好了。