Toby. Hey, what are you doing here?
托比 你怎么在这儿
Your parents were on their way out. They let me in.
你父母正好要出门 他们让我进来的
What's wrong?
怎么了
I thought that by getting my own place above the brew
我原以为只要在酒馆楼上有了自己的地方
that I could escape my screwed-up family.
就能避开家里那些乱七八糟的事
Right. And it does not help
是啊 但如果他们
when they throw birthday parties right below you.
就在你楼下开生日宴会 那就没辙了
Do your parents expect you to make an appearance
你父母应该是想让你在这个
at this coming-out-of-the-dark party?
"重见光明"庆祝会上露个脸的吧
They can expect all they want.
让他们尽管想去吧
I'll wait for the she's-leaving-Rosewood party.
我要等她离开玫瑰镇的时候再庆祝
I'm gonna throw you that party.
到时候我会帮你开庆祝会的
Are you okay with me barging in like this?
我这么闯进来没关系吗
I mean, did you have plans?
我是说 你有别的事要忙吗
I, um, I did, actually.
说实话 还真有
I just have this really big French test coming up.
我马上有一场很重要的法语测试
I have to read that massive book.
我得读完那本砖头厚的书
Which means that you should totally stay.
所以你绝对应该留下来陪我
Good. That's what I was hoping you'd say.
没问题 我正等着你这句话呢
Toby.
托比
How is it possible that you and I are the only two people
想想多么不可思议 这么长一段时间里
that know that Jenna was faking for so long?
竟然只有你和我知道詹娜是装瞎
I think most people want to buy into a happy ending.
我想大多数人都喜欢往好的方向想
Yeah, but your parents-- how did she fool them?
没错 但詹娜究竟是怎么骗过你父母的
I mean, they were living in the same house.
他们毕竟和她生活在同一屋檐下
Did they just not notice that she was able to see?
难道就从没注意到她已经看得见了吗
Did she sleep with her sunglasses on?
难道她睡觉都带着墨镜吗
She told my parents a few weeks ago
几个星期前她跟父母说
that she started seeing
从今年夏天开始她能看见
shadows over the summer, and then blurry figures.
一些影子 然后能看到一些模糊的轮廓
And they just bought that she
你父母就这么相信了吗
didn't mention this in her letters home from camp?
她从夏令营写信回家时为什么不提这事
She said she was scared--
她说她是因为害怕
Scared that it might suddenly go back to darkness
害怕万一又失去这一线光明
and she'd have to live with everyone pitying her even more.
她就得忍受人们加倍的同情