What, a father's not allowed to talk about his son?
做父亲的不能谈谈他的儿子?
I'm a footnote in that story, Dad...
爸,我只是故事里的小注脚…
the context for your great adventure, which never happened, incidentally.
你全在讲你的冒险故事 大多都是杜撰的
You were selling novelty products in Wichita when I was born.
我出生时你正在维契市推销玩具
Come on, Will. Everyone loves that story!
拜托,大家都喜欢那个故事!
They don't. I don't love that story. Not anymore. Not after a thousand times!
才不,我不喜欢那个故事 我听过一千次了!
I know every punch line, Dad. I can tell them as well as you can!
我能倒背如流,说的跟你一样好!
For one night, one night in your entire life...
你这辈子就这一个晚上…
the universe did not revolve around Edward Bloom.
整个世界不是以你 爱德华布鲁为中心
How can you not understand that? - I'm sorry to embarrass you.
你怎么不能明白这点呢? -很抱歉让你丢脸了
You're embarrassing yourself, Dad. You just don't see it.
你是丢自己的脸,你只是不知道
[04:55.46]After that night, I didn't speak to my father again for three years.
那晚之后,我有3年没跟我父亲说话
William Bloom, United Press International. If I could just...
联合新闻社,威廉布鲁…
We communicated indirectly, I guess.
我想我们彼此是间接联系
In her letters and Christmas cards, my mother wrote for both of them.
透过母亲写来的信件和卡片
And when I'd call, she'd say Dad was out driving or swimming in the pool.
我打电话回家时 她会说爸开车出去或在游泳
True to form, we never talked about not talking.
我们照样从不谈不说话的事
The truth is, I didn't see anything of myself in my father.
事实是,我看不出我跟父亲 有何相似之处
And I don't think he saw anything of himself in me.
我也不认为他觉得我跟他相像
We were like strangers who knew each other very well.
我们就像两个彼此熟识的陌生人
In telling the story of my father's life...
要述说我父亲生平的故事…
it's impossible to separate fact from fiction, the man from the myth.
根本无法区别真实与虚幻 神话与现实
The best I can do is to tell it the way he told me.
我只能把他讲过的一切照实转述
It doesn't always make sense, and most of it never happened.
内容并非全都合理 大多甚至从未发生过
Give me back my ring!
把我的戒指还我!
Thank you!
谢谢!
But that's what kind of story this is.
这故事就是如此特别