We should be all right with that lot looking after us, eh, ducks?
在他们的关照下,我们会没事的,是吗,宝贝儿?
Well, it didn't stop them from bombing us, did it?
嗯,这也不能阻止他们轰炸我们啊,不是吗?
Oh er... well, no er... I suppose not, really.
哦,呃...好吧,不能,呃...我希望可以,真的。
Still, just think, it might have been worse.
可是,想想吧,事情可能会更糟呢。
Got to look on the bright side, ducks.
记得要看事物的光明面,宝贝儿。
Besides, another thing the powers that be have created is called M.A.D.
而且,权力可能衍生的另一个产物是M.A.D。
M.A.D. Mutal Assured Destruction.
M.A.D是指共同信仰的毁灭。
Mad? Yes, M.A.D.
疯狂? 嗯,M.A.D。
I read about it in the public library.
我在图书馆看到过相关内容。
I think my old dad was in the Mutual Assured Insurance.
我想我的老爸曾处于共同信仰被毁灭的情绪里。
A penny a week it was, in those days. This isn't insurance, ducks.
那时候,每周仅有一便士的生活确实能够把人毁掉。 这不是保险金,宝贝儿。
I think it covered the cost of the funeral.
我以为它还包含了丧葬费用。
Yes, well, I suppose this is similar.
是的,好吧,我假设它们比较相似。
It all comes out of our taxes.
羊毛出在羊身上。
He had a lovely funeral, our dad.
我们的老爸,他的葬礼非常风光。
You don't pay any taxes now. You're retired, James.
你现在不必交税了,你已经退休了,James。
No, I'm fully paid up.
不,我仍然在持续交税。
My funeral is fully assured.
我的葬礼是被全额保险了的。
Time we went to bed.
是睡觉的时间了。
It's getting dark.
天黑了。
I'll sleep in my clothes. It's an allout war situation.
我就这么和衣睡着吧,现在是全力以赴的战时状态