Oh, come on! I can't go back! I'm a human sacrifice!
拜托,我不能回去! 我是祭品啊!
If I go back, they'll think I'm a coward.
我若回去,他们会认为我是懦夫
I'd rather be dinner than a coward.
我宁可被吃也不要当懦夫
Here.
来吧
You can start with my hand. It'll be an appetizer.
先从手吃起,就当开胃菜
I don't want to eat you. I don't want to eat anybody.
我不想吃你 我不想吃任何人
I just get so hungry. I'm just too big.
我只是很饿 我太高大了
Did you ever think that maybe you're not too big
你有没有想过不是你太高大…
but maybe this town is just too small?
而是这个镇太小了?
I've heard in real cities there are buildings so tall
我听说真正的城市里有大楼…
you can't even see the tops of them.
你连楼顶都看不到
Really? - Oh, I wouldn't lie to you.
真的? -我不会骗你的
And all-you-can-eat buffets.
还有“随你吃到饱”
Now, you can eat a lot, can't you? - I can.
你可以吃很多吧? -我可以
So why are you wasting your time in a small town?
那你干嘛浪费时间待在小镇里?
You're a big man. You should be in a big city.
大人物就该去大城市
You're just trying to get me to leave, aren't you?
你只是想要我走,对吧?
What's your name, giant? - Karl.
巨人,你叫什么名字? -卡尔
Well, mine's Edward. And truthfully
我叫爱德华,说真的…
Well, I do want you to leave, Karl. But I want to leave with you.
我的确想要你离开 但我想跟你一起离开
I mean, you think this town is too small for you?
这里太小容不下你
Well, it's too small for a man of my ambition.
这里容不下我的雄心壮志
Okay.
好
Okay.
好
Now, first, we gotta get you ready for the city.
首先,我们得帮你打理一下
Edward Bloom, first son of Ashton
爱德华布鲁,艾许镇之子…
it's with a heavy heart that we see you go.
你的离去令我们惆怅
But take with you this key to the city
带着这把钥匙上城市里去…
and know that any time you want to come back
任何时候你若想回来…
all our doors are open to you.
我们的大门都将为你敞开
That afternoon as I left Ashton, everyone seemed to have advice.
我离开艾许镇的那天下午 每个人都给了我忠告
Find yourself a nice girl, now!
找个好女孩吧!
Watch your pride, Edward Bloom!
别太骄傲了,爱德华布鲁!
She said that the biggest fish in the river
她说河里最大尾的鱼…
gets that way by never being caught.
永远不会被人捉到
What'd she say? - Beats me.
她说什么? -难倒我了