There were two roads out of Ashton:
出艾许镇有两条路:
A new one which was paved and an older one that wasn't.
一条是新铺好的,旧的则没铺
People didn't use the old one anymore...
人们不走那条旧路…
and it had developed a reputation for being haunted.
还传说那条旧路闹鬼
Well, since I had no intention of ever returning to Ashton...
由于我无意回艾许镇…
this seemed as good a time as any to find out what lay down that old one.
这看来是探究旧路的好时机
You know anyone who's taken it? - That poet, Norther Winslow, did.
你有认识走旧路的人吗? -诗人诺德走过
He was going to Paris, France.
他那时要去法国巴黎
I guess he liked it. No one ever heard from him again.
我想他喜欢那里,他流连忘返
I'll tell you what. You go the other way.
这样吧,你走另一条路
I'll cut through here, and I'll meet you on the far side.
我走这条,我们在另一头会合
You're just trying to run away, aren't you?
你是想落跑吧?
Here.
拿去
Just to be sure, you can take my pack.
为了保险起见,拿着我的包包
Why, you son of a...
你这个…
Now, there comes a point when a reasonable man...
懂道里的人…
will swallow his pride and admit that he's made a terrible mistake.
终会有按下自尊 坦承他犯下严重错误的时刻
The truth is, I was never a reasonable man.
事实是,我一直都不是讲道理的人
And what I recall of Sunday school was that...
我记得主日学都这么讲…
the more difficult something is, the more rewarding it is in the end.
事情愈艰难 最后愈能得到丰厚的果实