Get out of here! Go off!
走开 走开 离开这里
Excuse me.
对不起
Excuse me. Excuse me.
对不起 对不起
I was expecting to be met.
我想去见…
Good morning, Truscott.
早安 托斯卡
I am Belansai.
我是贝莱塞
Welcome to our country.
欢迎来到我的国家
He’ll be the head man of his Longhouse in two years.
再过两年就会成为长屋的领袖了
John Truscott.
约翰 托斯卡
Henry Bullard.
亨利 布拉德
I’m the governor of this district,
我是这一地区的长官
but you just think of me as God.
你可以把我当成上帝
Hop aboard.
请上车
You’ve got far too good a degree for this job.
你对这项工作真是太合适了
What are you running away from? Your debts?
为什么跑这么远的路来到这里? 债务?
Your family? Or a woman?
家庭? 还是女人?
No, no debts. No woman.
不,不是债务,也不是女人
My mother died two years ago.
我母亲两年前去世
My father was killed at Passchendaele, so...
我父亲在帕森德尔被人杀害,所以…
Well, why in God’s name are you here?
那你到底为什么来这里?
My father was a district officer out here.
我父亲曾在这里当过地区长官
William C. Truscott?
威廉.托斯卡?
Ahhh.
对
He’d drawn up a plan to bring education to the Iban
他曾经计划给依班人带来教育
which the governor general had approved,
政府也同意了
but then he had to go back to the war...
可他必须回去参战
and it never happened.
这个计划就没有实施