For God’s sakes, man. I sleep with you.
看在上帝的面子… 我跟你一起睡觉
We expect you to know the language within six months.
我们希望你在6个月里学会依班语
Selima’s what’s known around here as a "sleeping dictionary.
" 塞丽玛在这里被称作"睡觉的字典"
My mother was also sleeping dictionary.
我母亲也曾经是睡觉的字典
Sleep...
睡觉的…
That’s why I speak the King English.
这就是为什么我会说纯正的英语
There’s nothing like bed for learning a language.
再没有比在床上更好的地方来学习语言了
It’s the only reason I speak Portuguese.
这就是为什么我说葡萄牙语
No, look, poor girl.
不 你看…她很可怜耶
She was just picked? I pick you.
她是被选中的吗? 是我选中了你
And she’s really choosy.
她选的很挑剔
She turned down my last two cadet officers.
她曾拒绝了我的前两个军校官员
Listen, your contract forbids you
听着 你的合约禁止你
to marry for three years.
在三年内结婚
Three years can be very lonely.
三年时间会很孤单的
And after three years?
三年以后呢?
We’ll probably all be dead, so why worry?
也许我们都死了 有什么担心的?
Listen...
听着
you’ll go home on leave to England
你会回英国休假
and you’ll come back with a rosycheeked little wife.
然后跟你面色红润的妻子回来
Selima will go home to her Longhouse
塞丽玛会回到她在长屋的家
speaking fluent English.
说着流利的英语
Oh, damn it, man, it’s worked for centuries.
可恶 几个世纪来都是这样的
There’s no reason why you should be different.
你没有理由例外的