and instead we meet the clueless and selfilsh misogynist,
取而代之的是一个愚蠢和自私的光棍
Dr. Aaron Luvin
艾伦路韦恩医生…
a thinly disguised version of the author’s own ladykiller reputation?
一个对作者自身女人杀手的形象的颠覆影射"
Are you kidding me? They gotta bring up my personal life in a
开玩笑吗? 他们居然把我的私生活放到…
in a serious critique such as this?
这种严肃的评论文章里面?
You said the book wasn’t about you.
你说过这本书写的不是你
Well, it’s not about me. lt’s lt’s fiction.
没错啊 那不是我 那是…那是虚构的
You’re an asshole! God!
你个混球! 天哪!
Look, at least you found out she can read, right?
至少你知道了她会读文章 对不?
I gotta admit, man. I thought I was immune to reviews.
我得承认 我…我以为我对评论是有抗体的
But this this This does not feel
但这个…这个…这个真的感觉很不好
Look, man, of course it’s gonna hurt.
听着 伙计 这当然会不好受
You poured your heart and soul into that book.
你全身心地投入到这本书里
I mean, you really give a shit what the critics say?
我是说 你真的在意这些评论吗?
You know what you did.
你知道你在做什么
What did I do? You finally had the courage...
我做了什么?你终于有了勇气
to sit down and write the book you’ve been talking about writing for years, okay?
坐下来写这本你很早以前就想写的书 不是吗?