Having this endless conversation with friends
关于这事我和朋友们谈了很久
about how the world was falling to pieces.
现在的世界真是分崩离析
So I decided what I really wanted to do was
所以我那时决定了我要做的就是
to find things that could be fixed and try to fix them, you know?
找到可以弥补的事情 去改变它们,你知道吗
You know, I always thought you'd be doing something cool like that. I did.
我过去总想你一定会做一些很酷的事情出来 我当时真这么想
Thanks. I just feel really, really lucky to be doing a job I like, you know?
谢谢。知道吗,能做自己 喜欢的事我真的感到很幸运
Yeah.
是的
I actually alternate in between thinking everything is irrevocably screwed up
实际上我总在两种想法之间摆动: 一种是一切都无可挽回了,真TMD的糟透了
and things might be getting better in ways.
另一种是从某些方面 看事情还是在变得更好的
Better? How could you possibly say that?
变得更好?你怎么能那样说呢
Well, I just mean, you know, like.
唔,我只是说,你知道,就像
I know it sounds weird, but there are things to be optimistic about.
我知道听起来有些奇怪 但是确实有些事值得我们乐观的
Okay. I know your book is selling, which is great, I'm very happy for you.
是啊 我知道你的书在热销 那太好了,我很替你高兴
But let me break the news to you: The world is a mess right now.
但是还是让我来告诉你吧: 整个世界正在变得一团糟