I'm Sally Michaels.
我就是Sally Michaels。
I saw that they were giving these courses on writing at the New School so I signed up.
我看到他们在给新学校上这些写作课程,所以我报名了。
And my teacher was Sloan Cates.
我的老师就是Sloan Cates。
Brilliant, handsome.
聪明英俊。
The truth is, I was in love with him.
事实是,我爱上了他。
And we began spending every minute together.
之后我们开始交往。
Which is why I was sort of surprised when his fiancee showed up.
所以当他的未婚妻出现的时候,我非常吃惊。
Yeah, he never mentioned that he was engaged to a history professor who was on a year-longsabbatical in Spain.
他从来都没提过他和一个历史教授订婚了,那教授当时在西班牙度假。
And when she popped in for an unexpected visit it sort of turned into a reenactment of the Inquisition.
当她突然意料之外地到访,整个事情就变成了我一连串的盘问。
And that... And that was that? That was the end of that?
就是那样吗? 那就是结局吗?
Yeah. We never saw each other again.
是啊我们再也没见过面。
I dropped the class and a year later his new novel showed up.
我退了课,一年之后,他的新小说出版了。
The Sally what's-it novel.
就是那个Sally什么的。
With exalted literary aspirations who lures a brilliant writer into an affair so she can take advantage ofhis connections.
"讲述的是一个有着高尚文学渴望的学生 The tale of a student",诱惑一位杰出的作家,以便能利用他的关系网向上爬。
But when he tries to break it off, she devotes herself to ruining his life."
但当作家开始阻止这一切发生的时候,她开始报复计划毁了他的生活"。
Well, I mean, that obviously wasn't you.
我说,那明显不是说你的。
Well, she's a lit major from Long Island, 5'4", my color hair, all my habits.
呃,她是来自长岛的文学本科生,5尺4寸高,头发颜色与爱好都和我相同。
You know, talks to herself and asks too many questions.
就像我这样,自言自语,而且爱问很多问题
Her parents founded a weight reduction company that now her sister runs.
她父母建立了一家减肥公司,现在由她姐姐来接管。
Well, anyway, I...
呃,无论如何,我
Since then, every time I pick up a pen l'm haunted by those words that he wrote, you know?
从那以后,每次我拿起笔,我都会被他那些文字纠缠着。
She was a brilliant mimic. You know.
她是个聪明的模仿者。
She could ape Dorothy Parker or Emily Dickinson but stripped of someone else's literary clothes.
她会模仿Dorothy Parker和Emily Dickinson,但是却抢走别人的文学作品。
She was a vacant, empty imitation of a writer.
她就是个空虚空白的作家模仿者。