Chris, how many times do I have to tell you Chris
我得跟你说多少次
to quit leaving this damn yo-yo on the floor?
不准把这该死的溜溜球扔在地上?
What are you trying to do, kill me?
你要干吗呀?害死我?!
I forgot where I left it.
我忘了把它扔哪了
Well, will you remember when I fall down the steps and break my neck?
那好 我要是滚下楼梯摔断了脖子 你总记得住了吧?!
Sometimes it felt like all my mother did was yell at everybody.
有时候觉得 老妈唯一做的就是冲所有人嚷嚷
Tanya, close the door! Tanya
关上冰箱门!
You trying to freeze the whole house?
你想把整个房子冻成冰窖?!
Drew, turn that mess down! Drew
关轻点儿!
You trying to make everybody in the house go deaf?
你想让家里所有人都变成聋子?!
And get your feet off my table.
还有把你的臭脚从桌上放下去
Julius!
Julius!
Pick up your drawers!
自己收拾下内裤!
Do I have to do everything around here?
难道什么都得我来做?!
And when I say my mother yelled at everybody, I mean everybody.
而当我说老妈冲所有人都嚷嚷 真是指"所有人"
Rochelle, what did I tell me? Rochelle
我怎么说来着的?
Are you trying to drive me crazy?
是不是想把我逼疯啊?
But there was one person who always put my mother in a good mood.
不过有个人永远能让老妈有好心情
Daddy!
爸爸!
My mother loved her daddy, and we did, too.
老妈超爱她爸爸 而且我们大家都是
Oh, where's Mama?
哦 妈妈在哪呢?
Oh, I left her at the hair dresser.
哦 我把她扔在理发店了
Where are them grandkids of mine? Where they at? Hey!
我的宝贝孙子孙女呢? 在哪呢? 嘿!
My grandfather was a great storyteller.
我外公说起故事来绝对是一流水准
And he didn't think I was playing
而我用板砖拍他脑袋上的时候
when I smacked him in the head with that brick.
他还以为我是闹着玩呢
Until this day,
直到今天
when I go in there, my food is free.
我还能去那吃霸王餐呢!
Oh, man, do you have any more good jokes?
哦 天哪 你还有什么好笑话?
Do I got any more good jokes?
"我还有好笑话吗?"
Come on, now! Knock, knock.
拜托 来啦!开门!开门!
Who's there?
谁呀?
Pass me them pork chops. Pass me them pork chops who?
递给我他的猪排的 递给我他的猪排的谁?
No, pass me them pork chops right there.
哦 就是你了 递给我你的猪排!
He got you!
被骗了吧
I ain't playing with you.
我可不只是逗乐的
What's the rest of the joke, Grandpa?
外公 接着说笑话呀?
Ooh! Okay, knock, knock.
呜!好吧 开门 开门
Who's there?
谁呀?
Oh, Lordy.
哦 老天爷!
Oh, Lordy who?
哦 老天爷是谁?
I'm dying.
我要死了
I'm dying who?
谁是我要死了?
I'm... having a heart...
我的...心脏不...
You're having a heart who?
谁是你的心脏不?
Daddy?
爸爸?
Daddy.
爸爸
Daddy?
爸爸?
I never did find out who was there.
我再也没能知道那到底是谁
My grandfather passing away
外公的离去
was the first time I had to deal with a death in the family.
是我第一次经历家人死去的状况
I didn't know how to react,
我不知道该如何是好
and I guess my mother didn't, either,
而且老妈好象也无所适从了
because instead of doing this...
因为取而代之这个的...
Damn. Damn. Damn!
该死 该死 该死!
...she did this. ...
她居然这样
Good morning, everybody.
大家早上好啊
I hadn't seen my mother that happy since Lionel Richie went solo.
自从Lionel Richie单飞之后 我还没见她那么高兴过呢 (Lionel Richie 80年代成名的黑人情歌王子)
I can't believe Gene is gone.
我真不敢相信Gene去世了
I can't believe he never finished that joke.
我简直不敢相信他都没说完那笑话
I'm never eating pork chops again.
我这辈子再也不吃猪排了
I can't believe he died sitting right here.
我简直不敢相信他就坐那死了
Everybody has to die someplace.
每个人都会死在某处的
Now eat your eggs.
现在吃鸡蛋吧
I hate eggs.
我讨厌鸡蛋
Can I have some toast?
我能吃点吐司吗?
Sure, Tonya.
当然了 Tonya
No problem.
没问题
Hey, Mom, uh, do I have to go to school today?
嘿 老妈 呃... 今天我能不去学校吗?
Usually, the only death that could keep us out of school was our own.
通常 唯一能让我们不去上学 的死讯就是我们自己的
No, not if you don't want to.
可以 不想去就别去了
Cool.
酷
你今天想不去学校吗?
No, I have a quiz.
不 我有个小测验
Can I stay home, too? Sure.
能让我也呆家里吗? 当然了
I didn't know what was wrong with my mother,
我不明白老妈到底怎么了
but at that moment,
可那时那刻
all I could think of doing was this.
我唯一想出要做的就是这个
Snap out of it, woman!
清醒点振作起来!女人!
Well, everybody have a nice day.
好了 祝大家今天过的愉快
That was weird.
太诡异了
Man, your grandfather died?
老兄 你外公去世了?
That's rough.
太糟糕了
I had a parakeet that died once.
有一次我的一只小鹦鹉死了
I cried for three weeks.
我哭了整整三个星期
My mom is acting really strange.
我老妈现在的举止特别不正常
You mean strange like...
你说的不正常是像...
There's a TV in my head!
我脑袋里有只电视机!
Please, just make it go away!
拜托了 就帮我给它弄出来吧!
Even the crackheads would be scared of that.
就算磕了药的看见都得害怕
No.
不是的
She's just really nice.
她就是变的特别和善
So, were you guys close?
那 你和你外公亲近吗?
Yeah.
是啊
Chris, why don't you stand up and tell the rest of the class Chris
你干吗不站起来给所有人说说
what you're discussing with Gregory.
你在和Gregory讨论什么呢?
My grandfather died.
我外公去世了
Chris, that's not funny. Chris
这一点都不好笑
What are you going to do when your grandfather dies for real?
万一你外公真的去世了你该怎么办?
Just because you didn't study for a test
只是因为你没好好复习测验
doesn't mean you can go killing off your family.
也不意味着你可以随便撒谎说家人的死啊
Who's next? Your father, your mother?
接着会是谁?你父亲?你母亲?
Why don't you kill your sister or your brother?
你干吗不说你弟弟妹妹都死了啊?!
He's telling the truth.
他说的是实话
Oh, Chris...
哦 Chris...
Wait... you believe him?
等会儿...你信他的?
- Of course. And not me?
当然了 而不信我的?
Well, Chris, your grandfather died.
嗯 Chris 你外公去世了
You might say anything. What are you even doing here?
你说什么都可以 你还在这里干什么呀?
Bring me your paper. Don't worry about the test.
把卷子拿来 别担心测验的事了