Mama, can we get these?
妈妈,能买这些吗?
No, we've already got peanut butter and jelly.
不行,咱们已经拿了花生酱啦
Ma, I hate that stuff. It tastes like concrete.
妈,我讨厌那玩意儿 跟混凝土一个味道
Ring it up, please.
来一瓶,谢谢
When I was a kid, my dad would try
当我还是个孩子, 我老爸总是想尽一切办法
to save money any way he could,
能省就省!
so when my mother went shopping, he had one rule:
于是他对我妈买东西立了个规矩:
No name brands.
不要名牌!
So instead of Fruit Loops, Cheerios, or Frosted Flakes,
所以不能买Fruit Loops, Cheerios,或者Frosted Flakes (三种名牌麦片)
we got...
我们买...
"Cereal"?
"荞麦片"?
What is this stuff?
这是啥玩意啊?
Is it oats? Is it flakes?
是燕麦片吗?是片儿的吗?
Is there a prize inside?
里面有奖品吗?
The prize is you don't starve to death.
奖品就是让你不至于饿死
Ring it up.
来一袋
And instead of Oreos, Ginger Snaps,
还有不能买奥力奥,姜汁饼干,
or Chips Ahoy, we got...
或者Chips Ahoy(巧克力曲奇饼干罐), 我们买...
"Cookie"?
"饼干"?
That's right, Cookie.
没错,饼干!
Not Cookies, Cookie.
不是一袋,而是一块!
A big bag with one cookie in it.
这么大袋子里面就装一块
Ooh, Mama, can I have some cookie?
哦,妈妈,我能吃点儿饼干吗?
Yeah, but only two bites.
吃吧,但只能啃两口
Don't suck out all the chips like you did last time.
别像上次那样啃的到处都是渣儿
When it came to soap,
轮到说肥皂了,
instead of Zest, Dial, or Coast, we got...
不能买激爽,Dial,或是海洋香皂, 我们买...
Camay?
佳美香皂?(Camay,美国一品牌)
Do you have a problem with that?
你有什么意见吗?
Ring it up.
来一块
My mother could save money a lot of places
我老妈能在很多地方省钱
but not on her ass.
但绝不能省在她自己身上
Partner science project are due Friday,
两人一组的科学实验周五交
so decide who you want to work with,
现在选出你的搭档,
sign the sheet as it comes around.
轮流写在纸上
Back off! One at a time.
别挤! 一个一个来!
Quietly.
安静点
Hey, Greg.
嘿, Greg
You want to do a project together?
想和我一起做实验吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
I had a couple ideas I was already working on.
我脑子里已经有主意了, 都开始动手了
I wanted to work with Greg
我想和Greg搭档
because my last science project didn't go so well.
因为上次我的实验做的没那么顺利
Chris!
Chris!
Would you get these damn ants out of here!
赶紧把这些该死的蚂蚁赶走!
James Brown stole that whole "ants in my pants" idea
James Brown的那首"我裤子里满是蚂蚁" (黑人歌星)
from my father.
肯定是从我老爸那儿偷的点子
Come on, man... who else will partner with me?
拜托,哥们...除了你还谁愿意和我搭档呀?
Chris, it's not that I don't want to be your partner.
Chris,不是我不愿意和你搭档
It's just I take my science very seriously.
只是我做实验很认真
Yeah, but, you know, we could still have fun.
当然,可你知道,还有很多乐趣
We're talking about science, Chris, so you got to decide,
我们说的这是科学, Chris,所以你得做个决定
do you want to have fun, or you want to win?
你是想要乐趣,还是想要胜利?
Hell, I just wanted to pass.
该死,我只想要及格!
Rochelle! Rochelle!
Rochelle! Rochelle!
I'm in here, baby!
我就在这儿哪,宝贝!
You are never going to believe what happened.
你肯定不会相信刚刚所发生的
What?
什么啊?
Hah!
哈!
Bah-yah!
吧耶!
That's $200-worth of food stamps.
这是面值200美元的粮票 (food stamp:美国黑人特有的救济粮票)
Where did you get food stamps from, Julius?
你从哪得到这些粮票的, Julius?
I found them.
我捡的!
From the time he was a kid to the time he was an adult,
从他还是个孩子到他长成大人
my father loved to find money.
我老爸一直最爱捡钱
Mom! Mom! Mom! I found a quarter.
妈妈!妈妈!妈妈! 我捡到了两毛五
I love you, quarter.
我爱你,两毛五
I'm gonna keep you and name you Bernard.
我要一直带着你,命名你为Bernard
It's a boy!
是个男孩!
I found a dollar
我捡了一块钱!
That's not even my mother.
躺着那个甚至不是我老妈!
Look at this.
看看这个
Wha... What's wrong?
怎...怎么啦?
Julius, you know I hate using food stamps.
Julius,你知道我讨厌使粮票
My mother hated using food stamps
我老妈讨厌使粮票
because she was a ghetto snob.
因为她是个势力眼
And sometimes using food stamps could be a little embarrassing.
而使用粮票有时会让她有点难堪
That'll be 79 cent.
一共79美分
Ten, 20, 30, 40, 50...
10, 20, 30, 40, 50...
My mother would have felt better just robbing the place.
马上打劫了这店可能让我妈感觉好些
Does anybody have change for a fifty-cent bill?
有人能破开50分吗?
Rochelle, money is money.
Rochelle,钱就是钱!
Cash, food stamps-- what's the difference?
现金,粮票... 有什么区别?
Because I don't want to have to curse nobody out.
因为我不希望诅咒任何人
What?!
啥?!
Julius, when I pull out food stamps,
Julius,当我拿出粮票,
people look at me like I ain't got no husband.
人们看我的眼神就像我没老公一样
They talk to me
他们议论我
like I ain't got no sense.
就像我没感觉一样
They treat me like I ain't got no class.
他们对待我就像我没素质一样
and if somebody treats me like that, I'm gonna curse them out!
要是有人敢对我这样, 我就要诅咒他们!
$200 is $200.
200元就是200元
If you don't go to shop with it, or I am.
要是你不想拿它去买东西, 就我去
And you don't want me to go shopping.
你不想我去吧?
My father figured out that the only food
我老爸领悟到 唯一比普通食品便宜的
cheaper than generic food was damaged food.
就只有残次品
Fine.
好吧
Since we got the extra cash, can you give me $20,
既然我们有了多余的现金, 能给我20美元吗
so I could get my hair done?
我去弄弄头发?
Can you do it yourself?
你能自己弄吗?
Sure, baby, you go ahead.
当然行,宝贝,去做头吧
You look good.
你真漂亮!
$200, man!
200大洋,棒!