If we did,Greg would have got with Mrs. Howell.
如果这样 Greg就会和Howell女士一样 (盖里甘的岛中角色)
Hold on.
等等
For my "cutting school" scrapbook.
放到我的翘课相册里
Smile.
笑一个
Greg saw that picture on eBay last week for $500.
上周Greg在易趣上看到这照片卖500美元
Only problem with my mother helping at a book fair
妈妈在书籍展览会帮忙的问题出在
was she didn't read books and she wasn't fair.
她既不读书 又蛮不讲理
Girl,does your mother know you're over here reading grown-up books?
丫头 你妈知道你躲在这看成人书籍吗?
Give me that.
给我
Flowers in the Attic.
阁楼里的花 (书中涉及大量乱伦 虐童等情节)
Now that sounds nice. Read that.
听着不错 读这本吧
You done lost your Jackie Collins mind.
真是没有杰姬·科林斯的头脑 (美著名通俗小说家)
And don't cut your eyes at me,either.
别瞪我
Boy,don't you know you are too big for a coloring book?
小子 你这个年龄玩涂画册太大了点
White kids your age are building sculptures by now
和你一般大的白人小孩都在砌雕塑了
and you're over here trying to stay inside the lines.
你还在这儿 尽力不涂出界
Come on,Picasso.
加把劲 毕加索
Get to chippin'.
凿吧
Come on. Chip on.Chip,chip,chip.
加油 凿 凿 凿
You shouldn't be embarrassed that yr boy only has a fifth grade reading level.
别为你儿子只有5年级的阅读水平 而觉得丢人
You should be embarrassed that he's 27.
你该为他有27岁而觉得丢人
He should be reading War and Peace,
他该读战争与和平
not Horton Hears a Who.
而不是霍顿与无名氏 (著名童话书)
Here. Here you go.
给你
Hey,baby,how's it going?
宝贝 做得怎么样啊?
Oh,I'm sorry,sweetie.
噢 抱歉 甜心
I didn't mean to call you "baby."
我不是成心叫你宝贝的
Honey,I... Mom,just be quiet.
亲爱的 我 妈妈 别说话了
What are y'allaughing at, with your hoop earrings on?
你们戴着圈圈耳环笑什么呢?
Let's see if your mother's giggling when you're bringing home babies.
要是你们肚子搞大了回家 看你们妈妈笑得出吗?
Who's laughing now,huh?
还有谁敢笑?
It ain't funny no more,is it?
不再好笑了 是吧
Come on over here,girl. Buy some lemonade.
姑娘 过来买点柠檬汁
It's good. My baby made it.
味道不错 我宝贝做的
The line was getting shorter,
当队伍变短了
and so was my father's patience.
爸爸的耐心也耗光了
What?!
什么?!
You'd think they were married.
会以为他们是夫妻
May I help you?
有事吗?
You got people out here. You can't just go to lunch.
大家在外面等 你不能就这样去吃午饭
People have stuff to do.
大家都忙着呢
Then why don't you come back another day?
那你怎么不回去 改天来
Because my license expires today.
因为我的驾照今天过期
Well,then I guess you're just gonna have to wait.
那你就只有等的份
And don't bang on this door again.
别再捶门了