Hang on a second.
等一下
Reverend.
牧师先生
Congressman.
议员先生
Nice to see you again.
见到你真好
I wish it was under better circumstances.
真希望情况不是这个样子
Terrible, isn't it?
真是可怕的惨剧
It's just terrible.
太不幸了
This is so thoughtful what you've organized here.
你组织这场活动真是费心了
Least we can do.
绵薄之力罢了
Tell me, are the Masters in your congregation?
马斯特斯一家是你的教众吗
They are. They come every Sunday.
是的,他们每周日都来
Do you think they'll be at the service tomorrow?
他们明天也会去做礼拜吗
I'd be surprised if they weren't.
一定会的
I'm wondering can you do me a favor?
能帮我个忙吗
Anything for you, Frank.
什么都行,弗兰克
Oh, the blue toothbrush is yours, right?
蓝色的牙刷是你的,对吧
Uh, yeah, the blue one.
对,蓝色的
Hey, Peter? Yeah?
彼得,么事
Where do you keep the light bulbs?
你把灯泡放哪了
The lamp in the bedroom is out.
卧室的灯不亮了
In the kitchen, under the sink.
在厨房水槽下面
Here's what I think.
我是这么想的
I wish I could be bigger than this, but I can't,
我也希望自己能大度一些,但我做不到
and I'm being selfish,
我这么做很自私
and I realize it's mostly about me, but fuck it.
而且也只顾着自己,但管它呢
I have to say it.
我必须说出来
Please don't take that other job, Christina.
请不要接受那份工作,克里斯蒂娜
Anyway, that's how I feel.
反正,我就是这么想的
I'm glad you told me.
很高兴你告诉我了
Charters jeopardize our ability to organize,
特许学校危及我们的组织能力
which is reason enough,
这个理由就足够了
but the bigger issue is
但更大的问题是
that measuring their success
以他们的绩效
Charters schools have operated
特许学校一直遵行的
under the same evaluative standards that every
评估标准,无异于任何...
Apples and oranges.
不同事物,区别对待
No matter how you look at it,
不论从哪个角度出发
you can't use the same standards to compare.
都不能用同一套标准去衡量
What, you're advocating a
你是在说
more demanding criteria for charter schools than other schools
特效学校的考核标准应该更严格吗
Our point is simple, Frank.
我们的意思很简单,弗兰克
Several funds should only go
有些款项只能拨给
to public union school districts Hold on a second.
联邦公立学校,一下
Yeah, but we've already increased noncharter funding by 10%.
但我们已经将非特许学校的拨款增加了一成
The amount going to charter schools is negligible.
拨给特许学校的款项根本微不足道
It's the precedent, Frank, not the number.
这事没有先例,弗兰克,与数目无关
We're setting a lot of precedents, Marty.
我们要开启很多先例,马蒂
That's the nature of reform.
这才叫改革
Well, some of them we can stomach. Some of them we can't.
有些可以忍受,有些不能忍
All right, let's not get bogged down in abstractions.
我们别纠结于这些模糊的问题了
Let's deal with specifics.
谈一下具体事宜吧
Corey, can you walk us through it?
科瑞,带我们从头理一遍吧
There's a threeprong approach
确定拨款的数额
to determining the amount of funding...
要采用三分法...