Remy came by this morning. To the office.
雷米今天早上去过我办公室
What does he want?
他想干什么
The donation's back on the table.
捐款的事又有门了
They've doubled it to 1.5 million.
数额翻了一番,有150万
You said no, right? I didn't.
你回绝了吧,没有
He doesn't want anything from you, Francis.
他并不图你任何回报,弗兰西斯
Come on, Claire. You know better than that.
得了吧,克莱尔,你这还不懂吗
I specifically asked.
我特意问过的
Maybe not right now,
也许他现在不求回报
but look, I invented this guy, all right?
他是我一手提拔的
It's a slippery slope. You...
迈出这一步就刹不住了
Think of what I can do with this money.
想想有了这笔钱我能做多少事
I can hire back the people I let go.
我能把辞退的职员全部请回来
I can help accelerate the funding for the projects
还能加快吉莉安那些项目的
that Gillian has brought in.
融资进度
Let's find another way to raise the money.
资金的事我们可以另想办法
But it's right there at my feet.
但这笔钱唾手可得
Claire, I have too much on my plate right now.
克莱尔,我现在已经百事缠身了
I can't have San corp breathing down my neck again.
不能再被桑科公司纠缠上
I can't have Remy...
我不能让雷米
Look, it is Remy.
那是雷米啊
He knows me too well. It's dangerous.
他太了解我了,这很危险
Look at the bigger picture here.
要顾全大局
I'm asking.
我恳求你
No. You're not.
你这不是恳求
Claire.
克莱尔
I'll tell you what I told him.
我会用回复他的话答复你
Which was?
你说
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
I know there's been some tension,
我知道最近我们有些紧张
and I'm probably more to blame than you are.
而且我应该负主要责任
But I'd like to put that behind us.
但过去的事就让它过去吧
Zoe,
佐伊
you're going to be our new White House correspondent.
你将成为我们新一任驻白宫记者
What about Janine?
那简宁呢
I promoted her to Midwest Bureau chief.
升任中西部总编辑
She's okay with that?
她同意了吗
She wants to give up the White House?
她舍得放弃白宫的工作
It's the decision I've made.
这是我的决定
It's just that Janine has so much experience.
可简宁毕竟经验丰富
I thought you'd be more excited about this.
我还以为你会很兴奋呢
I'm sorry. I... I just thought you brought me in here to...
抱歉,我还以为你叫我进来是要
I don't know.
我不知道
To fire you.
解雇你
Maybe.
也许吧
Water under the bridge.
都过去了
We're starting over.
我们要重新开始
So are you ready to take this on?
那么,你准备好了吗
Can I think about it?
我能考虑一下吗
People usually don't have to think about it
有一份白宫的工作摆在面前
when they're offered the White House, Zoe.
人们一般不用考虑的,佐伊
Just a day or two.
只要一两天就好
Janine is booked for a flight to Chicago on Friday.
简宁将乘周五的航班飞往芝加哥
I'll let you know before then.
我会在那之前回复你
I just need to...
我只是要
Thank you. Thank you, Tom.
谢谢你,汤姆
David Rasmussen is the majority leader,
大卫·拉斯姆森是多数党领袖
which means he's one step above me
也就是说他的职位在我之上
and one below Birch,
在博奇之下
which is akin to being between a very hungry wolf
就像夹在一匹饿极的狼
and a very quarrelsome sheep.
和一只好斗的羊之间
Let's see if he stays with the herd or joins the pack.
羊群或是狼群,看看他会选择哪一边
David. You mind if I join you?
大卫,不介意我坐这儿吧
Please. A salad, huh?
请坐,就吃沙拉啊
Yes. I'm trying to take better care of myself.
是啊,我想好好照顾自己
Good man. Diet?
不错嘛,节食吗
Diet, exercise, everything.
节食,锻炼,各种方法
You ought to take better care of yourself too.
你也该照顾好自己
Well, they should stop serving such good pizza.
他们这儿的披萨实在太美味了
Oh, I'm not talking about the food.
我不是指饮食
I'm talking about Birch.
我是指博奇
You are never going to be speaker
你要想当上议长
unless you do something about it.
就必须得有所行动
I'm very satisfied where I am.
我对自己的位置很满意
Oh, come on. For the time being, yeah.
拜托,就目前来说,确实满意
Time being never.
一时就是永远
The only way you become Speaker
你想成为议长
is if Birch loses his district or retires,
只有可能是博奇落选或退休
neither of which is going to happen
在你我老到要装假牙之前
before you and I have dentures.
这两种情况都不会发生
I'm not happy where this conversation is going, Frank.
我不喜欢你这番话的势头,弗兰克
If you want it, and I know you do,
你想做议长,我知道你想
there's a way.
我有个办法
Okay. Right. I can't...
好了,我不能...
all you need is a simple majority... 218 votes.
票数过半就可以,也就是218票
We're going to get at least 205 out of the G.O.P.,
我们在共和党能得到205票
and after that, all you need is 13 Democrats.
这样,再有民主党13票就行
You and I make two.
你我手里就有两票
Are you out of your mind?
你疯了吗
Just consider it for a moment.
稍稍考虑一下吧
You want to collude with the Republicans?
你想和共和党串通
I don't want to,
我不想
but I would if you become Speaker in the process.
但如果能让你当上议长,我会的
Never been done before.
这种事没有先例
There's a first time for everything.
凡事都有第一次
This is ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
The Republicans would love a chance to knock Bob down a peg or two.
共和党会很乐意杀杀鲍勃的威风
And you want to help them.
而你想帮他们
I want to help us.
我想帮我们
Bob will not play ball with the White House.
鲍勃不会和白宫合作
Now, you're a reasonable man, David, and he's not.
你是个通情达理的人,大卫,他不是
You know what I am?
你知道我是什么人吗
I'm a discreet man.
我是个谨慎的人
You're lucky for that.
所以算你走运
I'm not going to mention this to Bob,
我不会跟鲍勃说今天的事
but if you ever bring it up again,
你要是再提
I won't have a choice.
我就没办法了