Is something wrong?
有什么问题吗
It's still not anywhere near what Remy brought to the table.
还是没法和雷米提出的价码比
Sancorp offered 1.5 million, Francis.
桑科提的数是150万美元,弗兰西斯
I'm adding up the numbers, and we're only at half a million.
我在计算,只能弄到50万左右
I got Chuck on the phone. In a minute.
我接通查克的电话了,稍等
I can make more calls.
我可以再打几个电话
Enough to raise a millionfive?
能筹到150万吗
I can at least get us closer.
至少可以接近这个数字
I'm going to bed.
我去睡觉了
Don't move any of this around.
别动这些东西
Claire, we made the decision to turn Remy down.
克莱尔,我们一致决定了拒绝雷米
No one forced you.
我没强迫你
I thought we were okay on this.
我以为这事已经过去了
You're right.
你说的没错
Good night, Francis.
晚安,弗兰西斯
This is Adam. Leave a message.
我是亚当,请留言
Hi, Adam. It's me. I know it's late,
你好,亚当,是我,我知道很晚了
but, well, I was really just calling
我只是想打电话
to thank you again for the photographs.
再次感谢你的照片
I'm sure they're gonna be a big hit at the auction.
它们一定会在拍卖会上大卖
I hope you're well.
祝你安好
I'm sure they're gonna be a big hit at the auction.
它们一定会在拍卖会上大卖
I hope you're well.
祝你安好
Right this way, Mr. Hammerschmidt.
这边走,汉默施密特先生
He's here.
他来了
Good afternoon, Tom.
下午好,汤姆
Legal?
律师
Did you say it, or didn't you?
你说了,还是没说
To you and to anyone who asks,
对你以及所有问这个问题的人
yes, I did.
是的,我说了
Do we really need them?
我们真的需要他们吗
Not unless I should expect a fight.
除非你要找我的麻烦
You shouldn't.
我不会
Give us a few moments.
请让我们单独待会儿
It's not what you called her,
重点不在于你怎么骂她了
it's that you let her leave the building.
而是在于你辞退了她
I know how to run a paper, Margaret.
我知道怎么运作报社,玛格丽特
What I don't know how to do
但我不知道怎么跟
is run a paper staffed with people I can't control.
不听话的员工一起运作报社
Was she really out of control?
真有那么严重吗
To my understanding, she simply turned down a new position.
据我了解,她不过是拒绝了一个新职位
It's her attitude. It's the way she turned it down.
是态度,她拒绝时的态度
Did you think to ask her what she'd rather do instead?
你问过她更想做什么吗
Is it my job to pander to all my employees. My employees.
难道要我迎合我的雇员,是我的雇员
And if they have something to offer that you don't,
如果他们能提供你给不了东西
yes, it is your job.
没错,你就得迎合
We've been through this, Tom.
我们谈过的,汤姆
The paper's operating at a loss.
报社在亏损
We need people like Zoe.
我们需要佐伊这样的人
I'm very aware of how much we're hurting, Margaret.
我很清楚我们的处境,玛格丽特
Staff reductions, dip in circulation.
裁员,削减发行量
Each one of those faces
一想到他们的脸
and every subscriber we lose,
和每个失去的订户
they keep me awake at night.
我晚上就睡不着觉
Now, I won't argue the business side of things.
生意上的事我不插嘴
It's neither my place nor my area of expertise,
我既没资格,也不擅长
but know this
但要知道