Mr. President?
总统先生
I want it over.
结束这一切
As soon as possible.
越快越好
Gut the bill, Frank.
修改法案,弗兰克
Do whatever's necessary to end this.
不惜一切代价结束罢工
Mr. President, if we give in now,
总统先生,如果我们现在妥协
the public won't credit you with a victory.
公众不会认为你成功了
Not even a hollow one.
连伪胜利都不算
They'll chalk it up as a colossal defeat.
他们会把这视做一次惨败
Well, that's on you, Frank.
是你的责任,弗兰克
You let this situation devolve to where it is.
是你让事态一发不可收拾
I've already been blamed
我已经因为美国史上
for the largest teacher's strike in US history.
规模最大的教师罢工而备受指摘
I won't be held accountable for it dragging on months and months.
我不能对它无休止的拖延而负责
Mr. President, we have to end this strike on your terms.
总统先生,只有您能终止罢工
Not anyone else's.
其他人都不行
How? By debating Marty Spinella on CNN?
怎么做,在CNN和马蒂·斯比奈拉辩论吗
Sir, you have placed your faith in me thus far.
先生,您一直都很信任我
I would ask that you continue to do so.
我恳求您一如既往
Whatever you're doing, Frank, isn't working,
不论你在做什么,弗兰克,都不奏效
so I'm stepping in.
所以我要介入了
Gut the bill. Like Linda said.
按琳达说的,修改法案
No.
不
I'm sorry, Mr. President, but I will not do that.
我很抱歉,总统先生,我做不到
Are you letting pride cloud your judgment, Frank?
你是不是被骄傲冲昏了头脑,弗兰克
Respectfully, sir,
恕我直言,先生
you're allowing fear to cloud yours.
恐怕是您被恐惧冲昏了头脑
Not an easy thing to say no to the most powerful man
对自由世界最有权势的人说不
in the free world.
可不容易
But sometimes the only way to gain your superior's respect
但有些时候,要想赢得上司的尊重
is to defy him.
就只能违抗他
What do we have on the schedule, Linda?
日程表上还有什么安排,琳达
Your meeting with the...
您要会见...
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢您,总统先生
Do you have my briefing? Right here.
提纲在你那儿吗,在这儿
Good. Let's look it over.
好,我们来浏览一下
Hi. How'd it go with Peter?
和彼得谈得怎么样
It went well.
还不错
Is he game?
他同意了
Completely.
当然
Ugh. Thank you.
太好了,谢谢
That's a big weight off my shoulders.
可让我松了一口气
You sound tired.
你听起来累坏了
Tired. Impatient.
又累又烦躁
What can I do?
我能帮上什么忙吗
Nothing. This one's up to fate.
不用了,这事只能听天由命
I don't like when we leave things to fate.
我不喜欢听天由命
Neither do I.
我也是
Does that mean I'm gonna have the bed to myself tonight?
那我今晚要独守空房了吗
Probably.
或许吧
Can't Doug man the fort?
不能让道格独当一面吗
Well, he could, but I'd just toss and turn.
可以,但我肯定会辗转反侧
If I'm not gonna sleep, I might as well not sleep here.
既然睡不着,还不如留在这儿工作
Well, I'll leave the ringer on.
我会开着手机
Call me if you want company.
想要人陪伴就打给我
I will. Good night.
好的,晚安
Good night.
晚安
You should go home. I can take it from here.
你回家吧,剩下的交给我就行了
Vigilance. It's good for the soul.
保持警醒,对灵魂有好处
1059. Corner of 16th and Q. 1059. 1059
十六街与Q街拐角 1059
What's that?
什么事
Disorderly conduct.
妨碍治安
Do you believe in karma?
你相信有因果报应吗
Absolutely not.
绝对不信
Well, I do.
但我信
At least tonight.
起码今晚我信
Get Captain Cardiff on the phone.
给卡迪夫队长打个电话
Let's do something about Meechum.
我们为密查姆做点事吧
What?
做什么
Get him his job back.
帮他保住饭碗
He fired his weapon.
可他开枪了
He overreacted.
只是反应过度罢了
Cardiff. On the phone. Now.
立刻打给卡迪夫
Nancy, give me Captain Cardiff, please.
南茜,请帮我接卡迪夫队长
We might as well do one productive thing while we wait.
反正也在这儿等着,不如做点有成效的事
It requires very little of me
这对我来说只是举手之劳
and will mean the world to him.
但对他却意义重大
It's a very inexpensive investment.
是笔很划算的投资
Hello, sir. This is Doug Stamper.
你好,先生,我是道格·斯坦福
I have Francis Underwood for you.
弗兰西斯·安德伍德想和您谈谈
I got him on.
他在线上
Captain, I know it's late,
队长,我知道很晚了
but I'd like to talk to you about Edward Meechum.
但我想跟您谈谈爱德华·密查姆的事
Good morning, gentlemen.
早上好,先生们
Thank you.
谢谢
Are you hungry?
饿了吗
You have any trouble getting in?
进来的时候麻烦吗
Nah, they made me put it through the Xray machine twice.
没,他们只是让我把吃的过了两遍安检
So I hope it didn't overcook it.
希望没被烤焦