不是什么好事
But, no, it's not bad.
不过,并不严重
What can I do?
我能做什么吗
Nothing.
不用
If there was something, I'd ask.
如果有需要我会告诉你的
Did you think it was weird that I called you?
我打电话给你,你觉得奇怪吗
Totally weird.
简直太奇怪了
Except for the fact that I was planning on calling you.
不过我那时也正好想打给你
Really? Why?
是吗,为什么
I was a real gradeA bitch to you at the Herald,
我在《先驱报》时对你态度很不好
and I almost apologized when I saw you at the White House,
在白宫见到你时,我差点想道歉了
but I chickened out.
但我退缩了
So, anyway, I am drunk enough, and I am sorry.
反正我也喝高了,对不起
Why did you call me?
你为什么打电话给我呢
I was just wondering how
我只是想知道
things were going at the old stomping ground.
咱们老地方现在怎么样了
Here you go. Thank you.
你的酒,谢谢
It's just not the same since tom left.
汤姆离开后就不一样了
And I don't blame you for doing what you did.
我倒不怪你那么做
But this new guy?
可新来的这家伙
Six years running E.W. Online
在网版《娱乐周刊》干了六年
does not a managing editor make.
可不是做总编的材料
Would you ever wanna come work with us?
你想过来我们这儿工作吗
I mean, it'd be a huge fucking deal.
那可是个大事啊
Chief political correspondent of the Herald
《先驱报》的首席政治记者
moves to Slugline?
跳槽到头条网
Did carly heath put you up to this?
是卡莉·希斯让你这么说的吗
No. Not at all.
不,跟她没关系
But if you want, I can talk to her.
不过如果你想,我可以跟她谈谈
You think she would go for it?
你觉得她会同意吗
Honestly, I don't know.
老实说,我也不知道
She's got this sort of antiestablishment "fuck you" attitude.
她对正统比较不屑一顾
Conventional news bores her.
常规的新闻她不感兴趣
But if you had something gritty to show...
但你要是有猛料...
I've got a story if you want it.
要是你有兴趣,我倒是有料
It's pretty fucking great.
而且是惊天猛料
You would give away a story?
你要把新闻让我
If you're not interested...
如果你没兴趣就算了
no, I'm interested.
不,我感兴趣
If I seem a little hung over, it is because I am.
如果我有点像宿醉未醒,是因为事实如此
A lot hung over, actually.
其实还不止有点
God, I almost had a couple of months,
天呐,我都戒了几个月了
and then last night, I...
然后昨天晚上,我 ...
Well, I don't remember much, so...
其实我也不太记得了
But anyway, here I am.
无论如何,我回来了
Keep coming back.
坚持来
It works if you work it.
努力就会有回报
Thank you for sharing, Diane.
谢谢你的分享,戴安
I'm Doug, and I'm an alcoholic.
我是道格,我是个酒鬼
Hi, Doug.
道格,你好
One of the things I do for a living is count.
我工作的一部分就是数数
I count votes.
我数选票
Yeas, nays, neutrals, abstaining.
同意票,反对票,中立票,弃权票
And I'm good at it.
而且我很熟练
But the most important count I do has nothing to do with work.
不过对我最重要的数字跟工作无关
It's the number of days since April 4, 1999.
而是从1999年4月4日至今的天数
As of this morning, that's 5,185.
截止今早,一共有5185天
The bigger that number gets, the more it frightens me,
数字越大,我越感到害怕
because I know all it takes is one drink to go back to zero.
因为我知道一杯酒就能让数字清零
Most people see fear as a weakness.
很多人认为恐惧是弱点
It can be.
有时是的
Sometimes for my job, I have to put fear in other people.
有时由于工作的关系,我要让他人生惧
I know that's not right.
我知道那样不对
But if I'm honest, like the fourth step asks us to be,
但如果按第四步说的那样,实话实说
I have to be ruthless, because failure is not an option.
我必须残忍,因为我不能失败
The same goes for my sobriety.
戒酒也是如此
I have to be ruthless with myself.
我要对自己残忍
I have to use my fear.
我得利用恐惧
It makes me stronger.
它让我变得坚强
Like everyone in this room, I can't control who I am.
就像在座各位,我无法改变本性
But I can control the zero.
但我能掌控那个零
Fuck the zero.
让那个零去死吧
Thanks for sharing.
多谢分享
It works if you work it.
努力就会有回报
Who would like to share next?
接下来谁想分享
Was he at the meeting? He was.
他参加互诫会了吗,是的
I tried to find him afterwards,
之后我想找他
but he was gone before I could catch up with him.
但我追上去时他已经没影了
Did he say anything? No.
他说什么了吗,没有
He never shares. He looked preoccupied.
他从不分享,满腹心事的样子
You think he'll show up at the house today? I have no idea.
他今天会去众议院吗,我不清楚
He's not answering my calls.
他不接我的电话
Mine neither. Anything else I need to know?
也不接我的,还有别的事吗
I hear silence. I don't like that sound.
我听见沉默了,我可不喜欢那声音
Something came up. I'm handling it.
出了些事情,我在处理
Something serious? Serious but solvable.
严重吗,严重但能解决
Do I wanna know more?
我需要知道更多吗
I don't think you do. We'll be okay.
不用,我们会没事的
I might have to involve Nancy. I'm hoping I won't have to.
我可能会要南茜帮忙,但愿用不着
But if I do, she'll have no knowledge of anything damaging.
如果有必要,也不会让她知道什么不利的事
All right. Use your best judgment.
好吧,你自己想好就行
Of course, sir.
当然,先生
I've gotta go.
我得挂了