And if this new doctor says it’s not an infection,
如果这位新医生说这不是尿道感染
says it’s his prostate and it needs to be operated on, is that gonna be covered?
而说这是前列腺的问题 需要动手术 你们会对此负责吗?
Not unless Dr. Robertson authorizes... What good is that gonna do?
要知道罗伯逊医生他并不是权威 这样做有什么好处?
I’m sorry. There’s nothing else I can do.
抱歉 我帮不了你什么忙
All right. You know what I can’t do?
那好吧 你知道我做不到什么事吗?
I can’t look at you without thinking about the five or six more qualified white men who didn’t get your job.
我做不到一面看着你而不去想为什么外面会有那么多比你胜任的白人得不到这份工作
It’s time for you to go.
你该走了
I’m saying this ’cause I’m hoping that I’m wrong about you.
我说这些是因为我希望我对你的看法是错的
I’m hoping that someone like yourself,
我也希望一些象你这样的
someone who may have been given a helping hand,
曾经得到别人帮助的人
might have a little compassion for someone in a similar situation.
会对和你有相同遭遇的人表示一丁点的同情
Carol, I need security in my office!
卡罗尔 这里需要出现安全问题
You don’t like me, that’s fine. I’m a prick.
你不喜欢我也没关系 我就爱这样扎人
My father doesn’t deserve to suffer like this.
但我爸爸他不该受到这样的痛苦
He was a janitor. He struggled his whole life.
他是一个公司的管理人 他一生都在为事业而奋斗
Saved enough to start his own company.
存够了钱开了一家自己的公司
Twenty-three employees, all of them black.
二十三名员工全是黑人
Paid ’em equal wages when no one else was doing that.
给他们付和其他白人一样多的工资 当时没人会这样做
For 30 years he worked side by side with those men, sweeping and carrying garbage.
三十年来他一直和他的手下并肩工作 打扫卫生 清理垃圾
Then the city council decides to give minority-owned companies preference in city contracts.
后来市政局决定要签署一份协议,里面规定要给私营企业以优待
And overnight, my father loses everything.
一夜之间我爸爸失去了他的一切
His business, his home, his wife. Everything!
他的公司 他的家 他的妻子 一切都失去了
Not once does he blame your people.
他一次都没埋怨过你们这些手下
I’m not asking you to help me.
我不是求你帮忙
I’m asking that you do this small thing for a man who lost everything
我只是请求你为一位失去了一切的老人做一点小事
so people like yourself could reap the benefits.
那么你的同胞们也可以得到好处
And do you know what it’s gonna cost you?
这会让你损失什么吗?
Nothing.
不会
Just a flick of your pen.
你要做的只是动一下你的笔
Your father sounds like a good man.
听起来你爸爸是个好人
And if he’d come in here today, I probably would’ve approved this request.
如果他今天能来 我或许可以批准你的请求
But he didn’t come in. You did. And for his sake, it’s a real shame.
但他没来 你却来了 对他来说这真是件丢人的事
Get him the hell outta my office.
请让他离开我的办公室
Sir, I spoke to our employee, and he told you you needed to replace or repair the door.
先生 我跟我手下说了 他告诉我你想要换掉或修好你的门
He say he fix the lock.
他说他修锁
You come here, see how "fix-ed" it is! You’re yelling again.
你来看看他修成什么样子了 请别激动
I am not yelling! I’m upset!
我没激动 我是生气
Yes... Yes, I am.
是的 没错
Mom, are you all right?
妈妈 你还好吧
Stop washing. Insurance must take picture.
别洗了 保险公司来了要拍照的
Look what they wrote.
看看他们都写了些什么东西
They think we’re Arab.
他们认为我们是阿拉伯人
When did Persian become Arab?
我们波斯人什么时候变成阿拉伯人了?
I want his name. Yes.
我要知道他的名字
Oh, my God.
老天
I want his name! Give me his name! Dad?
我要知道他的名字 告诉我他叫什么名字 爸爸
I’m not giving you his name, sir.
我不会给你他的名字的 先生
Dad, did they take the gun? Not fix my lock! I want his name!
爸爸 他们是不是拿走了咱的枪? 不是要他来修锁 我是要他的名字
I’m gonna hang up now, sir.
我要挂了 先生
Don’t hang up! Shit!
不准挂 你他妈的