Maria: At ease. Now that there's just us, would you please tell me all your names again and how old you are?
玛丽亚:(对孩子们)稍息。现在只剩下我们了,请你们再报一下名字和年龄,好吗?
Liesl: I'm Liesl. I'm 16 years old, and I don't need a governess.
丽莎:我叫丽莎,十六岁。我不需要家庭教师。
Maria: I'm glad you told me, Liesl. We'll just be good friends.
玛丽亚:很高兴你能告诉我,丽莎。我们会成为好朋友的。
Friedrich: I'm Friedrich. I'm 14. I'm impossible.
弗雷德里克:我叫弗雷德里克,十四岁。我是个无可救药的人。
Maria: Really? Who told you that, Friedrich?
玛丽亚:真的吗?谁说的?弗雷德里克?
Friedrich: Fraulein Josephine. Four governesses ago.
弗雷德里克:倒数第四个家庭教师,约瑟芬小姐说的。
Louisa: I'm Brigitta.
布姬塔:我叫布姬塔。
Maria: You didn't tell me how old you are, Louisa.
玛丽亚:露易莎,你还没告诉我你多大了。
Brigitta: I'm Brigitta. She's Louisa. She's 13 years old, and you're, smart. I'm 10 and I think your dress is the ugliest one I ever saw.
布姬塔:我叫布姬塔,她是路易莎。她今年才十三岁,你真聪明。我十岁了。你穿的衣服是我看过的最丑陋的。
Kurt: Brigitta, you shouldn't say that.
库特:布姬塔,别这么说。
Brigitta: Why not? Don't you think it's ugly?
布姬塔:为什么?难道你不觉得它很丑吗?
Kurt: Of course. But Fraulein Helga's was ugliest. I'm Kurt. I'm 8. I'm incorrigible.
库特:当然,不过海尔德小姐的衣服最丑。我是库特,八岁,是个积习难改的人。
Maria: Congratulations.
玛丽亚:恭喜你。
Marta: What's incorrigible?
玛塔:你不懂“积习难改”的意思吗?
Maria: I think it means you want to be treated like a boy.
玛丽亚:我想它的意思是你想得到孩子般的对待。
Marta: I'm Marta, and I'm going to be seven on Tuesday. I'd like a pink parasol.
玛塔:我叫玛塔,星期二就满七岁了,我想要一把粉红色的阳伞。
Maria: Pink's my favorite color too. Yes, you're Giret. And you're five years old? My, you're practically a lady. I have to tell you a secret. I've never been a governess.
玛丽亚:粉色也是我最喜欢的颜色。哦,你是格里塔了,五吗?天,你真是个小淑女,我告诉你们一个秘密,我从没当过家庭教师。
Louisa: You don't know anything about being a governess?
露易莎:你根本不知道该怎样当一名家庭教师?
Maria: Nothing. I'll need lots of advice.
玛丽亚:是的,我需要你们多给些建议。
Louisa: The best way to start is to shout to our father to mind his own business.
露易莎:最好一开始就告诉父亲不要多管闲事。
Friedrich : You must never come to dinner on time.
弗雷德里克:吃饭时没必要准时。
Brigitta: Never eat your soup quietly.
布姬塔:喝汤时,必须出声。
Kurt: During dessert, always blow your nose.
库特:吃点心时得不停地擤鼻子。
Giret: Don't listen to them, Fraulein Maria.
格里塔:玛丽亚小姐,别听他们的。
Maria: Oh, why not?
玛丽亚:为什么不呢?
Giret: Because I like you.
格里塔:因为我喜欢你。
Frau Schmidt: All right now, children, outside for your walk. Father's orders. Hurry up. Quick, quick, quick.
施密德太太:好了,孩子们,父亲命令你们出去散步。快焦点!快!快!快!
Frau Schmidt: Fraulein Maria, I'm Frau Schmidt, the housekeeper.
施密德太太:玛丽亚小姐,我是施密德太太,这儿的管家。
Maria: How do you do?
玛丽亚:你好!
Frau Schmidt: How do you do? I'll show you to your room. Follow me.
施密德太太:你好!我带你去看看你的房间,跟我来吧。
Maria: Poor little dears.
玛丽亚:可怜的小家伙们。