1、taste
味道;口味
I like the taste of wine and enjoy trying different kinds.
我喜欢葡萄酒的味道,喜欢品尝不同的口味。
The taste of blood in her throat made her want to vomit.
她嗓子里的血腥味让她直恶心。
(品尝的)少量,一点,一小口
We have a taste of the white wine he's brought.
我们尝了尝他带来的白葡萄酒。
有…的味道
I drank a cup of tea that tasted of diesel.
我喝了杯有股柴油味的茶。
It tastes like chocolate.
它吃起来像巧克力。
尝;品尝
He finished his aperitif and tasted the wine the waiter had produced.
他喝完开胃酒,又尝了点侍者端来的葡萄酒。
Before proceeding any further, cut off a small bit of the meat and taste it.
在进行下一步之前,先切一小块肉尝尝。
2、come up
走近;走到跟前
Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs.
她的猫跑上前来,在他们腿上蹭来蹭去。
He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.'
他走到我跟前说:“快点,约翰。”
被提及;被讨论
The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests.
在与客人喝餐前酒的时候,有人提到了这个话题。
Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot.
珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。
即将发生;即将到来
Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up.
做好日常规划,这样一旦发生大事,才能够从容不迫。
We do have elections coming up.
我们的确将要进行选举。
突然发生
I was delayed — something came up at home.
我耽搁了些时候——家里出了点事。
Other projects came up and the emphasis of my work altered.
突然来了一些其他的项目,我的工作重点便转移了。