Bonsoir! -Bonsoir!
(法语)晚上好!-(法语)晚上好!
So you wanna sit over there?
你愿意坐那边吗?
Yeah, this is perfect.
当然,这真不错。
Oh, wow. Maybe what I'm saying is the world might be evolving the way a person evolves, right? -I don't know.
哦,哇,可能我想说的只是世界的发展就像一个人的演变一样,对吗?-我不知道。
Like, I mean, me, for example. Am I getting worse? Am I improving? I don't know!
我是说,比如我,我在退步吗?我在进步吗?我也不知道!
When I was younger, I was healthier but I was wracked with insecurity, you know?
当我更年轻的时候,我也更健康,但是我充满了危机感,你懂吗?
Now I'm older and my problems are deeper, but I'm more equipped to handle them.
现在,我变老了,遇到的问题也更复杂了,但是我也更知道怎么来处理它们了。
So, what are your problems?
那么,你碰到什么问题了?
Right now? I don't have any. I don't, you know? I'm just damn happy to be here.
现在?没有问题。我没事,我只是,我真他妈高兴能在这儿。
Me too. So how long have you been in Paris?
我也一样。那,你在巴黎待了多久了?
I got in last night. I've done 10 cities in 12 days. I'm a wreck. I'm so glad it's over, you know? I'm tired of being a huckster. Hi. Hello.
我昨晚才来。12天之内我跑了10个城市。我已经精疲力尽,所以我很高兴一切都结束了。我已经厌倦了这种推销。嗨,你好。
Qu'est que je vous sers?
(法语)请问您想要点什么?
What do you want?
你要点什么?
A cup of coffee.
一杯咖啡。
Un cafe et un citron presse, s'il vous plait....
(法语)请给我来一杯咖啡和一片柠檬。
God, I love this cafe. I wish they had places like this in the U.S.
天,我爱死这家咖啡馆了,我真希望美国也有这样的地方。
Yeah, I missed cafes when I was living over there.
是啊,当我住那边的时候,我可想念咖啡馆了。
I mean, I find a few places I really liked, but there was...-You...
我是说,我是找到了一些我喜欢的地方,但是那...-你...
You were living in the U.S. ?
你在美国呆过?
Yes, from '96 to '99. I was studying at NYU.
是的,从...96年到99年。我那时在纽约州立大学上学。
Oh, God, don't tell me that, Celine!
哦,天啊,不会吧,塞琳!
What? -No, it's just...Nothing, I mean, I...- What?
怎么了?-没什么,只是... 没什么,我是说我... -怎么了?
I've been living in New York since '98. You know, we were there at the same time. -ln New York? - Yeah.
我从98年起就住在纽约了。你懂吗,我们那时都在那里。-纽约?-是的。
Oh, that's weird. It actually crossed my mind a few times that I might run into you, but the odds are so slim, right? So...
哦,那太奇怪了。事实上有几次我想到过可能会遇见你,但是几率太低了,对吧?所以...
I didn't even know what city you were in. Weren't you somewhere in Texas? You were in Texes...-Yeah, yeah, yeah. definitely.
我那时都不知道你住哪个城市。你不是住德克萨斯吗?你过去在德克萨斯...-是的,没错,正是如此。
I just...I was for a long time. I just, you know, wanted to try New York. What brought you back here?
我只是...我在那住了很久,我只是... 你明白吗,到纽约换换环境。那你为什么回来了呢?
I had finished my master's, for one. And no visa, no more visa. And, anyway, I was starting to get paranoid.
一是我读完了硕士。二来我的签证到期了。三来,不算这些,我也开始有点妄想狂了。
All the violence in the medias: Gang violence, murders, especially serial killers...
媒体上播的全是暴力事件:黑帮啦,谋杀啦,其是那连环杀手。
But the final straw was one night I heard some noise on my fire escape so I called 911, and the cops came eventually.
而最后决定性的原因是,有天晚上我听到外面消防通道上有些动静,于是我打了911,最后警察终于来了。
Yeah, like 3 hours later. -Yeah, after I had been raped and killed about 30 times. No, but it was a man and a woman officer.
是啊,大概三小时以后吧。-对,那时候我已经被先奸后杀30遍了。没有啦,来的只是一个男一女两个警察。