Wait a minute, wait a minute. - I can't...I can't...
等等...-我真不能...真是无法相信...
Okay, no...-Is it that forgettable? I mean, you really don't remember? In the park?
好吧,不是...-这事这么容易忘记吗?你真的不记得了?在公园里!
Okay. Wait a minute, I think you might be right...- All right now, you're messing with me now.
好的,等等,我想你可能是对的...-行啦,你现在是装糊涂呢吧。
No. - Are you messing with me?
没有。-你在和我胡扯吗?
Okay. No, I'm sorry. I think...I mean, you're right, okay?
不是的,对不起!我觉得你... 我是说,你是对的,这样可以了吧?
Sometimes I put things in drawers inside my head and forget about it. I guess it's less painful to put certain things away than live with it.
有时我把事放深藏起来然后就忘了。我觉得比起念念不忘,某些事还是藏起来痛苦小些。
I'm sorry! -What? It's like that...that night was a sad memory for you?
真的很抱歉!-什么?就是说,那夜对你来说是段很难过的回忆?
No, I didn't mean that night in particular. I just meant certain things are better off forgotten.
不,我不是针对那一夜。我只是说有些事情还是忘了好。
I remember that night better than I do entire years.
那夜是我那一整年记得最清楚的一天。
Me too.
我也是。
Really?
真的吗?
Well, I thought I did.
呃,我觉得我是。
But maybe l...Maybe I put it away because of the fact that my grandmother's funeral was the day we were supposed to meet again.
不过,可能我...可能我忘记那事是因为...我祖母葬礼的那天,就是我们约好再见面的日子。
Yeah, right. It was a tough day for me, but it must've been worse for you.
是啊。对我来说那天挺难熬,不过对你来说大概更糟。
It was unreal. I remember looking at her dead body in the coffin, at her beautiful hands, so warm, so sweet, that used to hold me, but...
那种感觉很不真实。我还记得我看见她的遗体躺在棺材里。还看到她那双美丽的手,曾经那么温暖那么温柔,以前抱着我。但是...
Nothing in that coffin resembled what I remembered of her. All the warmth was gone.
棺材里的她和我记忆中的完全不一样。所有的温暖都消逝了。
And then I was crying, so confused if I was crying because I was never gonna see her again or never gonna see...you again.
然后我开始哭。我感觉很困惑,不知道我哭是因为不能再见到她了,还是因为不能再见到...你了。
I'm sorry. I'm sorry to go on like this. I've been a little down this week. I don't know...-Why?
对不起,抱歉我唠叨这些,这个星期我情绪都有点低落,我不知道...-为什么?
I don't know. Nothing bad, just...Reading your book, maybe? No, but...
我不知道,没什么,只是... 可能是因为读了你的书?也不是,不过...
Thinking of how hopeful I was that summer and fall and since then it's been kind of a...I don't know.
想想那个夏天和秋天,我充满了希望。而自从那以后,好像就有点...我也不知道。
Memory is a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past.
回忆本来是非常美好的,只要你能让过去的都过去。
"Memory is wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past." Can I put that on a bumper sticker?
“回忆本来是非常美好的,只要你能让过去的都过去。”我能把这话贴我车保险杠上吗?
No, you know what? If you wrote a book about our night, that would be a good title.
别笑,你知道吗?要是你写一本关于我们那晚的书,这是个不错的书名。
Yeah, it could be a total different book. -Yeah, there'd be no sex scenes. -Yeah.
没错,可能会是本完全不同的书。-是啊,不会有性爱场景。-对啊。
But you know what? -What?
不过你知道吗?-恩?
Now that we've met again, we can change our memory of that December 16.
既然现在我们又见面了,我们可以改变我们那个12月16日的回忆。
It no longer has that sad ending of us never seeing each other again, right?
那回忆不再以我们之后再未相见的悲剧结尾了,对吗?
Right. I mean, I guess a memory's never finished as long as you're alive.
没错,我想回忆永远不会终结,只要你还活着。