I mean, you missed almost everything of importance, but, you know...
虽然你几乎漏掉了所有要点,
The owner loved these. Scrubbed them clean.
但...鞋主人很喜欢这鞋,擦得很干净还漂白过,
Whitened them Changed the laces three...no, four times.
鞋带也换了三...不 四次。
There are traces of flaky skin where his fingers have come into contact with them, so he suffered from eczema.
手指经常接触的地方还留有皮屑,说明他有湿疹。
The shoes are more worn on the inner side, so he had weak arches.
鞋底内侧磨损更严重,说明他足弓无力。
British-made, 20 years old.
英国制造,20年前生产的。
20 years?
20年?
They're not retro, they're original.
不是复古款,就是当时的鞋。
Limited edition - two blue stripes, 1989.
限量版,带两条蓝道,产自1989年。
There's still mud on them. They look new.
上面还带着泥呢,看上去很新。
Someone's kept them that way.
被人保存得很好。
Quite a bit of mud caked on the soles.
鞋底沾着好几层泥。
Analysis shows it's from Sussex with London mud overlaying it.
分析显示伦敦的泥覆盖在苏塞克斯郡的上面。
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
Pollen. Clear as a map reference.
花粉。如地图般清晰。
South of the river.
出自英格兰南部。
So the kid came to London from Sussex 20 years ago - and left the trainers behind. - What happened to him?
这孩子20年前从苏塞克斯郡来到伦敦-留下这双运动鞋。-他后来怎么样了?
Something bad. He loved those shoes, remember.
祸事降临。他喜欢这双鞋,记得吗,
He'd never leave them filthy.
绝不会弄脏它。
Wouldn't let them go unless he had to.
除非万不得已不会丢弃它。
So, a child with big feet gets...What?
所以是个脚很大的孩子...怎么?
Carl Powers.
卡尔·鲍尔斯。
Sorry, who?
抱歉,那是谁?
Carl Powers, John.
卡尔·鲍尔斯,约翰。
What is it?
啥意思?
It's where I began.
那是我的第一件案子。
1989, kid, champion swimmer, came from Brighton for a school sports tournament, drowned in the pool.
1989年,一个孩子从布莱顿过来参加锦标赛,他是游泳冠军,却淹死在了泳池里。
Tragic accident. You wouldn't remember it, should you?
不幸的意外,你肯定不记得了吧?
But you remember.
可你记得。
Yes.
对。
Something fishy about it?
有什么疑点吗?
Nobody thought so.
没人这么想。
Nobody except me.
除了我。
I was only a kid myself.
当时我自己也还是个孩子。
I read about it in the papers.
我在报纸上看到了这事。
You started young, didn't you?
你还真是英雄出少年啊?
The boy, Carl Powers, had some kind of fit in the water, but by the time they got him out, it was too late.
那孩子,卡尔·鲍尔斯,他水性很好,可他们救他上来时,已经太晚了。
There was something wrong somewhere.
有些不对劲。
I couldn't get it out of my head.
总在我脑子里挥之不去。
What?
是什么?
His shoes.
他的鞋。
What about them?
鞋怎么了?
They weren't there. I made a fuss.
现场没发现鞋,我嚷了起来。
I tried to get the police interested, but nobody seemed to think it was important.
希望引起警方的注意,但大家都觉得这无足轻重。
He'd left all the rest of his clothes in his locker, but there was no sign of his shoes.
他把所有衣服都留在了储物柜里,可唯独没有鞋。
Until now.
现在找到了。
Can I help? I want to help.
我能帮上忙吗?我想帮忙,
There's only five hours left.
只剩五个小时了。
It's your brother.
是你哥哥。
He's texting me now.
他开始给我发短信了。
How does he know my number? -Must be a root canal.
他咋知道我号码的?-他肯定在进行牙根治疗。
Look, he did say...national importance.
听着,他说过...那是国家要案。
How quaint!
真有意思!
What is?
什么有意思?
You are...Queen and country.
你呗,国家的荣誉和责任至上。
You can't just ignore it.
你不能置之不理。
I'm not ignoring it.
我没置之不理。
Putting my best man onto it right now.
我现在就让我的死党赶过去。
Right, good! Who's that?
好,那就好!谁是你死党?