I take this class, Writing the Mystery Novel.
我上过一个关于写悬疑小说的课
Anyway, they say the key is to work backwards.
他们说关键是逆向思维
You connect the clues and then scatter them so they seem unrelated.
收集所有线索然后再各个分析 可能看上去毫无联系
There's like a whole science to it.
推理可复杂了呢
May I? Sure.
我可以看看嘛? 当然
Okay. Thumb.
好的 大拇指
Yeah. It's an unknown thumb.
是的 不知道是谁的
Okay. Water?
好吧 水面?
Just water, I guess?
就是水吧 我猜?
Yeah, just water.
是的 就是水
Okay. And... like a curved piece of... some kind of, part of a thing.
好的 还有...好像是一个弧形...像是某个东西的一部分
But the thing with clues, my teacher says...is you really only need one good one, and then they'll connect... and you'll be like, "Oh, yes, of course, unknown thumb, water..." "I should have seen this the whole time. Ahh!" Yeah, yeah, I'll be like...
但是我的老师说 关于线索...肯定会有一个关键 将所有线索联系起来...然后你就会觉得"哦 是啊 当然 无名的大拇指 水面...""我早就该想到的 哈!"是啊 是啊 我会试着...
Well, anyway, I should get back and try not to get fired.
好吧 不管怎样 我该回去了 不然我就要被炒鱿鱼了
Hey, Cheryl. I have something creative I've been working on, too.
嘿 谢尔 我也在做一些创作
Little side project.
就是一个小工程
Walter, it's amazing!
华特 真的太美了!
Walter? I was just saying I'll let you know when I hear back from Peg.
华特? 我刚刚说如果佩吉给我回电话了 我会告诉你的
Okay. Thank you.
好的 谢谢