手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第四季 > 正文

老友记 第4季:第9集 派对之王(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Phoebe: Ok!

好的!
Monica: Come on, no peeking!
不能偷看喔!
Chandler: Our eyes are closed and we're about to cross the street. Very good.
我们闭上眼睛了然后穿过大街,呣,很好。
Phoebe: Okay, open up!
好,可以看了。
Ross: What did you want to show us? Because all I can see is this bitching van!
你要让我们看什么?因为我们看到的只有这辆棒极了的货车!
Phoebe: Yeah, it's for our catering business!
这是我们做宴会的专用车。
Joey: Uhh, I think I know that girl.
嘿,我想我见过那女孩。
Monica: All right, umm, we're not gonna really keep it this way though.
噢,我们不会让它一直那样的。
Rachel: No?
什么?
Phoebe: No, we're gonna paint over the sword, and replace it with a baguette.
我们会用棍子面包代替那剑。
Rachel: Oh! Oh my god! I think I lost my virginity in that van.
天啊,我的第一次好像就是在厢型车里。
Phoebe: And also, we don't know what to do with this.
还有这个也不知道要怎么处理。
Joey: Oh yeah, I definitely know her.
噢,现在想起来了,我肯定见过她!
Monica: Remember that guy from cooking school I told you about that put cilantro with everything?
还记得我跟你说过的,那个在厨艺学校时甭管做什么都放香菜的那人?
Phoebe: Oh sure, Cilantro Larry.
记得,香菜赖瑞嘛。
Monica: Well, I'm gonna fill in for him as food critic for the Chelsea Reporter.
我要替他代班,帮切尔西报道(没什么人看的地区性小报纸)做美食评鉴。
Ross: Wow, Monica! What an amazing opportunity to influence...dozens of people.
莫妮卡,这可是大好机会呢!你能影响到二、三十个人呢。
Phoebe: How could you say yes, what about our catering business?
你同意了?那我们的包办伙食生意呢?
Monica: Oh no-no, it's just one night a week, and plus I get to take all of you out for a lot of free dinners.
噢不要紧的,只是每周一晚,而且我还可以带你们大家去吃免费晚餐。
All: Yay! !
啊!!
Phoebe: Ohhh, oh that case, Hey! That was me hopping on board.
噢,如果这样的话?耶!我只是单脚跳一跳。
Monica: Oh.
噢。
Chandler: Hey, guys! Hey, Ross, quick question for you. Are you ready to party?
嘿,伙计!嘿,罗斯,回答我:要去舞会吗?
Ross: I don't know, I could maybe go out for a couple of beers, but there's this thing about bumblebees on the Discovery Channel.
我不知道,我也许能出去喝点啤酒,但我打算看探索频道的”大黄蜂“节目。
Chandler: No-no, I don't think you heard me. Are you ready to party? !
不-不,我想你没听清楚我说什么。要去"舞~~会~~"吗?
Ross: Nooo! ! Gandalf? ! Gandalf is coming to town?
不会吧,甘道夫(《指环王》中的角色名)要来?
Chandler: Kathy's with her parents, I have nothing to do, so tomorrow we are partying with Gandalf dude!
Kathy要陪她爸妈,而我就没事可干了,所以明天我们要跟Gandolf去舞会,花花公子!
Ross: Dude, we are sooo gonna party!
花花公子,我们要去舞~~会~~!
Phoebe: Wow! Ok, dude-ler! And who is this guy?
喔,好了。花花公子们注意!他是谁?
Ross: Mike "Gandalf" Ganderson, only like the funnest guy in the world.
麦克甘道夫,世界上最搞笑的人。
Chandler: I'm gonna call and get off work tomorrow!
我得打电话,明天请假!
Ross: Oh, I'm gonna call after you!
你请完我也请假!
Chandler: This is gonna be soo cool, dude, we never party anymore!
这太酷了,我们不再需要去其他什么舞会了。
Chandler and Ross: Woooo! !!
喔!!!
Monica: All right, were you guys smoking something in the back of our van?
你们是不是躲在厢型车里偷抽了大麻?
Joey: Really. And what do you mean you never have fun anymore? You have fun with me, remember that time we saw those strippers and you paid me 50 bucks to eat that book?
是啊,什么叫从来没狂欢过 跟我在一起就很乐啊。记不记得那次:我们去看脱衣舞,然后你付了50块因为我吃掉了那本书。
Ross: Joey, you are gonna love this guy. Gandalf is like the party wizard!
乔伊,你会喜爱这个人的。甘道夫就像是“舞会魔法师”!
Joey: Well, why-why do you call him Gandalf?
你们干嘛叫他“甘道夫”?
Ross: Gandalf the wizard. Hello! Didn't you read Lord of the Rings in high school?
甘道夫-魔法师。喂!你高中的时候难道没看过"指环王"?
Joey: No, I had sex in high school.
没有,在高中我倒是“嘿咻”来着。
Rachel: Oh, uh, Joanna, I was wondering if I could ask you something. There's an opening for an assistant buyer in Junior Miss. ..
喔,乔安娜,能不能请教你一点事?有一个将初级文员提升到助理采购人员的机会......
Joanna: Ok, but that would actually be a big step down for me.
不错,但是好像对我来说是个退步。
Rachel: No, actually, I meant for me. The hiring committee is meeting people all day and...
事实上,我是说我挺合适的。招聘委员会将整天都接见有意向的人员,而且......
Joanna: Oh. Well, I wish I could say no, but I guess you can't stay my assistant forever. Neither can you Sophie, but for different reasons.
噢,我希望我能说不,但是我不能一辈子把你留在我助理的位置上。苏菲你也不能去,但是原因就不是这个了。
Rachel: God, I am so glad that you don't have a problem with this, because if you did, I wouldn't've even considered applying.
天!我真高兴你这么宽容大量!因为如果你稍有微辞的话,我就不会去报名了。
Joanna: Really? Well, in that case...
真的啊,那样的话......
Rachel: And that's I'm so glad...there's no problem.
所以我才很高兴你没意见。没什么问题了。
Joanna: That's fine, actually I'm on the hiring committee, so there'll be at least one friendly face.
那好吧,其实我也是招聘委员会的一员,所以你去的时候至少可以看到张熟面孔。
Rachel: Ohh! That's great!
这真是太棒了!
Joanna: You know, Junior Miss is where I started. I had to sleep with the ugliest guy to get that job.
你知道,我也是从初级文员干起的。噢,那时候我为了得到那份工作,不得不跟最丑的男人上床。
Rachel: Really? !
这样啊?
Joanna: No-ho-ho! Yeah. I mean, no-no-no-no-no, don't you worry, I'm sure with your qualifications you won't need to sleep with some guy to get that job.
假~~嗯是真的。我是说......假的!别担心,我可以肯定,以你的资历,肯定不用跟男人上床来得到这份工作。
Although, I might need some convincing.
虽然我对此并不十分信服。
Rachel: Well, I, umm...
哦,我,呣......
Joanna: Kidding! God, I feel wild today!
开玩笑的!天,我今天还真有点兴奋!
Chandler: Oh, man! I am so excited - I may vomit!
噢,哥们!我太激动了!我都紧张得快吐了!
Joey: Will you calm down, he's just a human guy.
你能不能冷静点?他不过是个普通人而已。
Chandler: Look, you don't understand, Gandalf is amazing.
你不明白的,甘道夫是不同于常人的。
You know you never know what's gonna end up happening, you go out for a couple of beers and end up on a fishing boat to Nova Scotia!
你将无法知道下一步将发生什么,你开始只不过是跟他去喝两杯,但当你醒来时你却发现躺在加拿大Nova Scoti省的一条渔船上!
Joey: Really? !
真的?
Chandler: Oh yeah, it's beautiful country up there.
噢,是的。那儿还真是个漂亮的地方。
Ross: Hey! Ok! I got my passport, fresh socks, and a snake bite kit!
嘿!我拿了护照、干净袜子还有蛇伤药!
Chandler: It's not gonna be exactly like last time.
这次不会跟上次一样,又到那去的!
Joey: All right, I'll see you guys.
好吧伙计们,过会见!
Chandler and Ross: Whoa-whoa-whoa!
喔-喔-喔!
Chandler: Whoa-wh-wh-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa!
喔-喔-喔-喔-喔!
Joey: I have an audition, but I'll definitely hook up with you later. Where are you gonna be around noon?
我有一个试听课,但我迟点再找你们,你们中午会去哪?
Ross: Somewhere maybe along the equator?
大概不会是赤道附近吧?
Joey: Ok.
好。
Chandler: Hello. It's Gandalf! !! So, you in town? Oh-well, well maybe next time then.
你好。是甘道夫!!!那么,你到了么?噢,那么下次吧!
Ross: What happened?
怎么了?
Chandler: He's not gonna make it, he's stuck in Chicago.
他没法来了,他被绊在芝加哥了。
Ross: Ohh, man! Chicago is sooo lucky!
要命,芝加哥真是太走运了!
Chandler: Stupid, useless Canadian money!
我还蠢得去换了这些tmd加拿大元!
Mr. Posner: You have a very impressive résumé, Ms. Green. I especially like what I see here about implementing a new filing system.
你的工作经历还不错,格林小姐。我认为您这里提到的文件归档系统非常棒。
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
Joanna: Filing system? Oh-oh! You mean those-those little colored labels you put on all the folders?
文件归档系统?噢!就是你弄在文件夹上那些有色的标签?
It certainly did brighten up the inside of the filing cabinets.
那倒是的确给档案柜增色不少。
Rachel: Well, they uh, they-they did more than that.
哦,那些标签的作用不止于此。
Mrs. Lynch: I notice that you've been entrusted with a lot of rather important responsibilities.
我注意到你被委托了不少重要的职责。
Rachel: Yes, Joanna really has been an incredible mentor to me.
哦是的,乔安娜确实是对我有知遇之恩。
Joanna: Oh. And Rachel has been really incredible in getting my morning bagel for me.
哦。瑞秋确实把每天早上给我送百吉饼这件事做得非常不错,
It's amazing how she gets it right almost every time!
更惊人的是,她每次给的数目竟然都刚好!
Rachel: I-I-I of course, I have more responsibilities than that.
我-我-我当然,我还有其他更多的职责。
Joanna: Oh yes, well there's the coffee, too. Rachel can carry two things at once!
喔对了,还有咖啡!瑞秋可以一次就把两样都拿来!
Mr. Posner: That says, very good. Now, a-uh, big part of this job is cultivating personal relationships, especially with designers.
那很好。现在这个工作的很大一部分,是建立同他人的关系,特别是同设计人员。
Rachel: Yes, I realize that...
是的,我意识到......
Joanna: And Rachel shouldn't have any problem with that.
瑞秋她不会有任何问题的。
Her only problem might be getting a little too friendly, if you know what I mean.
她唯一的问题是太热情了,如果你们知道我说的是哪方面的话。
Rachel: I love, working with designers!
我喜欢与设计人员一起工作。
Joanna: With them, under them, what's the difference? Eh, Rach?
和他们工作,和他们上床,有什么区别?哦,瑞秋?
Monica: Hey! My first review is out!
嘿!我的第一篇评论出炉了!
Phoebe: Ohh! Oh, the Chelsea Reporter, ohh, this used to keep me so warm.
哦!《切尔西报道》,我流浪的时候常拿它来盖在身上御寒。
Monica: All right, look at them on the back page.
我的评论在反面。
Phoebe: Oh, ok! "Would I go back to Allesandro's? Sure, but I'd have to order two meals, one for me and one for the guy pointing the gun to my head."
喔,好的!"我还会再去Allesandro餐厅么?我不确定。但是如果我再去的话,我肯定会点两份肉,一份给我,一份给那个用枪指着我的头,逼我再到这个餐厅的人。"
Wow! You really laid into this place.
哇!你可真是在控诉这家餐厅呀!
Monica: Hey, they don't pay me a penny a word to make friends.
嘿,他们又不是付给我1元/百字来跟餐厅交朋友的。
Phoebe: Ooh, I gotta go. I found a guy who could fix up the van for catering.
喔,我得走了,我找到一个可以修咱们货车的人。
Monica: Oh! Do you need me to go with you?
要我一起去吗?
Phoebe: No-no, it's ok. But are we sure we don't want the waterbed? Just, you know, 'cause it would be silly to take it out if we're just gonna put it back in again.
不用了,没关系 但你确定我们不要那张水床?如果拿下来又要放回去 那不是很蠢吗?
Monica: Haven't we made this decision?
我们不是早就说好了?
Phoebe: Yeah, all right.
对啦,算了。
Monica: Bye!
再见!
Phoebe: Bye!
再见!
Monica: Who is it?
谁啊?
Allesandro: It's Allesandro, from Allesandro's.
这是Allesandro,就是那家Allesandro餐厅的老板。
Monica: Oh my God.
天啊。
Allesandro: I wanna talk to you about your review.
我想跟你谈谈你的那篇评论。
Monica: Oh my God, oh my God. Call me on the phone!
天啊,打电话给我吧。
Allesandro: What? So you could hang up on me?
好让你挂我电话?
Monica: Look, I-I'm never gonna let you up so you may as well just go away.
你瞧,我只是让你别放松要求,你走吧。
Allesandro: Look, just give me a chance to...
给我一个机会。
Phoebe: Hey, do you need to get in? Here you go.
你要进来吗?请进。
Monica: No! Phoebe!
菲比,不行啦!
Phoebe: Hey, Monica!
嗨,莫妮卡!
Allesandro: I want a retraction! Our food is not inedible swill!
我要你收回你的评论!我们的菜不是无法下咽的泔水!
Monica: I couldn't eat it! I had five friends who couldn't eat it, and one of them eats books.
我根本没法吃!而且我至少有5个朋友不会去吃那种东西,虽然他们中的一个连书都吃。
Allesandro: Well our service is not grossly incompetent.
那么,至少我们的服务不太差。
Monica: The waiter carried the breadsticks in his pants!
你们的服务员竟然用裤子拿面包!
Allesandro: Well, you said that we accept the Discover Card, which we do not!
那么这句,你说我们反对Discover Card,但我们并不是这样的!
Monica: All right, that I'll retract. But I stand by my review, I-I know food and that wasn't it.
那么,我收回这句。但我坚持我的观点,我知道怎么做菜,但决不是你们那样。
Your Marinara sauce tasted like tomato juice! You should serve it with vodka and a piece of celery.
你们的意式沙拉尝起来就像是番茄汁!你们应该加些伏特加酒与芹菜末。
Allesandro: Hey! I'm proud of that sauce, it's delicious.
嘿!我为那果汁骄傲,很美味。
Monica: Oh my God! You own an Italian restaurant and you think that tastes good? ! Where are you even from?
哦天啊!你拥有自己的意大利餐厅,但你竟然认为那样很美味?你从哪来的?
Allesandro: Lebanon.
黎巴嫩。
Monica: Hand me those tomatoes, I'm gonna show you what it should taste like! Come on, hand it to me.
把那些西红柿递给我,我让你看看该是什么味道!来,把那些递给我。
Allesandro: How long is this gonna take? Because I got another critic I gotta go yell at.
这得花多少时间?我还得去吼下一个评论家。
Rachel: Joanna? I wanna talk about that interview.
呣,乔安娜?我想跟你谈谈那个面试。
Joanna: I thought it went very well.
我觉得你在面试中表现得很棒。
Rachel: No! It didn't! That's what I wanna talk to you about. Now, just to brief you...
不,它很差!那正是我想跟你说的。现在,简单点说......
I may cry, but, they are not tears of sadness or of anger, but just of me having this discussion with you.
我要哭了,并不因为伤心和生气,只因为我要跟你继续下面的谈话。
Joanna: Rachel, please, don't make a scene.
瑞秋,请不要这样。
Rachel: There's nobody here!
这儿没其他人!
Joanna: Sophie, get in here! You see? Now you're making Sophie uncomfortable!
苏菲,你进来。看吧,你让苏菲尴尬了。
Sophie: She's not making me uncomfortable.
我没有尴尬啊。
Joanna: Congratulations! You now just crossed the line into completely useless. Get out.
恭喜!你总算有点作用了。出去!
Rachel: Do you want me to quit?
你是要我辞职吗?
Joanna: What? ! What'd make you think that?
什么?!你怎么会这么想?
Rachel: Well all of those things that you said in the interview, I mean if you believe any of them, I must not be a very good assistant.
那些你在面试时说的话。如果其中有任何一件你确是如此认为的话,那我都不是一个好助理。
You know what? I am just going to pack up my desk, and I will be gone by the end of the day!
你知道么?我正在整理我的桌子,而且今天之后我就不再在这里了!
Rachel: Well, I guess there's no use me sticking around till the end of the day!
现在,我想我没有必要继续赖在这里直到今天结束了。
Joanna: Wait-wait-wait-wait! You can put your sad little muffin back in its drawer.
等等-等等!你可以把那些糟糕的小松饼放回抽屉。
If you must know the truth, I didn't wanna lose a perfectly good assistant.
假如你要知道真相,那就是我不想失去个好助理。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Joanna: That's why I said all those things about your flirting, and you drinking...
这就是为什么我说你轻浮和酗酒......
Rachel: My drinking?
我酗酒?
Joanna: No, I must've said that after you left.
哦,那我一定是在你离开后说的。
Rachel: Said what? Exactly.
你到底说了什么?
Joanna: That you enjoyed the occasional drink...ing binge.
你时不时的喜欢酗酒然后狂欢。
Rachel: Oh my God! ! Ohh, that is it! I'm leaving! You are just a horrible person!
天啊,真是够了,我走人,你这个人真的很糟糕!
Joanna: No, wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait! Now If you're gonna get all sensitive about it!
不要-不要。等等-等等!!如果你真的在意这个职位的话,
I don't wanna lose you. What if I, create a position for you? I'll make you an assistant buyer in this department.
我不想失去你。如果我给你创造这么个职位怎样?我会让你在这部门里当个助理采购员。
Rachel: Say more things like that.
你再多说一点。
Joanna: Um, you can have your own office, and a raise! Effective tomorrow.
给你升职,让你有自己独立的办公室!从明天开始。
Rachel: I'd need an expense account.
我还要公费报销单。
Joanna: Done!
成交!
Rachel: And an assistant.
还要有助理。
Joanna: Sophie, get in here!
苏菲,进来!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
yell [jel]

想一想再看

v. 大叫
n. 大喊

 
equator [i'kweitə]

想一想再看

n. 赤道

联想记忆
retraction [ri'trækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 撤回,撤销;收回

联想记忆
drawer ['drɔ:ə]

想一想再看

n. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人
(复)dr

联想记忆
filing ['failiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 锉(文件的整理汇集)

 
incompetent [in'kɔmpitənt]

想一想再看

adj. 无能力的,不称职的,不能胜任的 n. 没有能力

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。