But you know what? What?
你知道吗? 什么?
I don't think it really matters what generation you are born into.
生于哪个时代并不重要。
Look at my parents.
看看我的父母。
They were these angry, young May ' 68 people revolting against everything.
68年5月事件,愤怒的年轻人反对一切。
You know, the government, their conservative catholic backgrounds, I mean.
政府,及其保守的天主教后台。
I was born not long after, and then my father went on to become this successful architect.We traveled around the world while he built bridges and, you know, towers and stuff.
我出生之后不久,我父亲成为成功的建筑师。他建造桥梁时我们周游世界,当然,还有塔和别的什么。
I mean, I really can't complain about anything.
我是说,我真没什么可抱怨的。
You know, they love me more than anything in the world, and I have been raised with all the freedom they had fought for.
他们爱我胜过一切,我在他们努力营造的自由氛围中长大。
And yet, for me now, it's another type of fight.
对我而言,这是另一种形式的抗争。
We still have to deal with the same old shit, but we can't really know who, or you know, what the enemy is.
我们总是面对相同的问题,却不知道是和谁对抗,敌人是什么。
I don't know if there really is an enemy, you know.
我不知道是否真有这么个敌人。
I mean Everybody's parents fucked them up.
所有的父母都不会教育孩子。
You know, rich kids' parents gave them too much. Poor kids' not enough.
有钱人的孩子父母给予得太多,穷人的孩子则相反。
You know, too much attention, not enough attention.
关爱太多,关爱不够。
They either left them, or you know, they stuck around and taught 'em the wrong things.
他们或是遗弃或是在一旁教些错误的东西。
I mean, my parents are just these two people who didn't like each other very much, who, uh, decided to get married and have a kid.
我父母是两个相爱并不太深的人,他们选择结婚,生子。
And they try their best to be nice to me.
然后他们尽力对我好。