Give me the money.
把钱交出来
Let's go. Come on, come on, hurry up.
快,快点
You do what I say, you're not gonna get hurt.
按我说的做,我不会伤害你的
Go, come on. Okay, okay.
快给我,好的,好的
Come on, come on, let's go.
速度放快点,把钱给我
I should go.
我得走了
Why?
为什么
Because it's 5:00 A.M.
现在都早上5点了
I really should go.
我真的得走了
Early meeting?
早上有会吗
I need...
我得去...
I need to go home.
我得回家
I need to change my clothes.
我要换衣服
I need to check my mail.
我要看看有没有信来
I need to feed my cat.
还要去喂猫
I'm gonna be so late for work.
再不走我上班就迟了
I'll write you a note.
我帮你写假条
Good morning. You're late.
早上好,你迟到了
Missed morning roll call, did I?
已经点过名了?
We had the Satchik deposition at 9:00.
9点已经给Satchik录过口供了
Oh, god, Lori, forgive me.
哦,天那,洛里,真的对不起
I called you three or four times. Where were you?
我给你打了三四次电话,你去哪里了
In the shower.
我在洗澡
New shampoo?
你换洗发水了?
Excuse me? Your hair smells a little different.
什么,你头发味道和本来不一样了
I'm always on the lookout for a new conditioner, so I'm a bit of a serial hair sniffer.
每出来一种新洗发水我都会留意,所以我都能分辨出不同种类
I, I use, um,
我同时用好几种
several different shampoos. I'm not sure which one I used today.
所以我不是很清楚今天用的哪一种
Anything else?
有什么问题吗
No.
没
I like this jacket.
这件外衣不错
I liked it more yesterday.
不过昨天的时候看起来更好看
Good morning. Tara, looking even lovelier than ever.
早上好,塔拉,你今天看起来实在太漂亮了
Lori, looking ... at your watch.
洛里,看看你的表
It's Lori Colson
洛里·科尔森
Lori. Hey, it's me. It's Michael Shea.
洛里,是我,迈克尔·谢依
Michael, what's wrong? Where are you?
迈克尔,出什么事了,你在哪
Listen, I'm at Boston General.
听着,我现在波士顿总医院
I'm in the emergency room. I got...
我在急诊室
somebody shot me. What?
我中弹了,什么
Listen, I'm gonna explain to you when you get here, but
好了,你来了我会跟你解释的
could you just please hurry?
但你能不能尽快过来
There's cops all over the place. I think one of the doctors must've called them,
这里来了好多警察,我想是有医生报警了
but they're asking me all sorts of questions.
他们问了我好多问题
Could you just hurry?Okay, look, don't say anything.
你能不能快点来,好的,我来之前什么都别说
I'm on my way. I'll be right there.
我马上就到
Help you?
有事吗
I need to see Michael Shea.
我要见迈克尔·谢依
You family? I'm his attorney.
你是他家人?我是他律师
I understand you've been questioning my client.
我知道你现在在质问我的委托人
Take it up with the A.D.A.
去找地方检察官吧
Lori Colson
洛里·科尔森
So it is true.
真的啊
You've switched to the dark side. Mark, where's Michael Shea?
你转投黑暗一方了,马克,迈克尔·谢依在哪
Mr. Shea is indisposed at the moment. Genius got himself shot in the chest.
他现在很痛苦,胸口中了一枪
He called me less than 10 minutes ago. He asked for counsel.
10分钟前他打电话给我,要求辩护律师
He didn't ask me. Are you charging him?
他没跟我说过,你们要起诉他?
Not yet.
目前没有
We're still investigating. Investigating what?
我们还在调查,调查什么
I don't need to tell you that. If he's not arrested, I can see him.
我没有义务告诉你,如果他没被逮捕,我有权见他
I don't need to tell you that.
不用我跟你废话
Well, look, your client's on his way to surgery right now.
你的委托人马上就要动手术了
You're welcome to see him as soon as he's out.
手术一结束你就可以见他
Michael
迈克尔!
Michael Shea, can you hear me?
迈克尔·谢依,你能听见我的声音吗
Lori? That's my lawyer right there.
洛里,我的律师就在那边
Hey, could you let her in, please?
嘿,拜托让她进来
You heard him, Mark. These people are witnesses.
你听见了,马克,这么多人都是证人
Lori
洛里
Can you give us a minute?
就一分钟好吗
Yeah.
好吧
Michael, what is going on? I didn't do anything, okay?
迈克尔,怎么回事,我什么都没做,相信我
You got shot, Michael. The police are here.
但你中弹了,警察都来了
Lori, I was walking home, a guy comes out of nowhere. Lori
我在回家的路上,一个人突然冲出来
I just, I didn't wanna give up my money.
我只是不肯把钱给他
Michael He shot me.
迈克尔,他就开枪了
the police think you're a suspect, not a victim.
警察认为你是嫌疑犯,而不是受害者
If you did something, look at me.
如果你真做了什么,看着我
I need you to tell me the truth.
你必须告诉我真相
Lori, I didn't do anything, okay? Lori
我什么都没做,相信我
I swear.
我发誓
Docket ending 477, People versus Walter Mack.
第477号诉讼案,集体控告沃尔特·麦克
Your honor, while this case is marked for trial,
阁下,虽然本案已经进入审判程序
in fact, the defendant would like to accept a plea.
但事实上,被告现在愿意认罪,
Is that so?
是吗?
The people have offered In exchange, reckless endangerment. we'd recommend probation.
原告要求判处二级任意危害罪,做为认罪条件,我们建议缓期执行
That's a reduced charge. You're aware of that?
这是减轻指控,你意识到了吗
Yes, your honor.
是的,阁下
Up here, both of you.
你们两个都过来
I don't like this.
我不希望这样
Your office gets behind so you just let criminals walk?
你们实力不行,就要放走罪犯吗
It's reassuring to see that you haven't formed any conclusions
看到您尚未对我当事人清白与否,作出定论
about my client's guilt or innocence.
我还真是安心啊
You know what my mother always says?
你知道我妈妈常说的话吗?
"If it smells funny, I'm not eating it."
如果食物闻起来古怪,绝对不要吃
Exact opposite of my motto.
刚好跟我相反
This deal smells funny. If I may, your honor,
这个案子很不正常,阁下,请听我说
the object here is to enhance the quality of life
我们的目的只是为了,提高麦克先生的房客们的生活质量
for the tenants in Mr. Mack's building, and he is prepared to make considerable...
而麦克先生也愿意考虑?
No, the object here to send a message to every landlord in Boston,
不,我们的目的是警告整个Boston的房东们
treat people like animals, we will cage you like one.
如果你象对待动物一样对待人,你也会被关进笼子
I don't mean to pry, your honor, but is everything okay at home?
我不想打听您的隐私,阁下,但您家里一切安好吗
Step back, both of you.
退下,你们两个
Mr. Mack,
麦克先生
I'll accept your plea under one condition.
你的认罪条件是
You are to build a sign to be worn around your neck,
你必须戴着一个
said sign to read, "I am a slumlord"
上面写着"我是贫民窟的房东"的牌子
because, sir, that's what you are.
因为,你的确如此
Judge, you don't know what I'm up against.
法官,你不清楚我的立场
The elevator in the Green street building,
格林大街楼里的电梯
some kids blew up the electrical system just for fun.
电力系统被些孩子为取乐炸掉了
I paint over their graffiti, it's back that day.
我刚把他们的喷图刷掉,当天又被画满
I'm doing the best I can, truly I am.
我已经尽力,真的
You are to stand in front of your Green street property
你必须在格林大街房产前面
wearing said sign for no less than four continuous hours.
戴着那块牌子,至少4个小时
Your honor, I cannot allow my client to be subjected
阁下,我不能接受判决
to an extrajudicial penalty whose only purpose is to humiliate.
这是逾越法律,其目的仅仅是羞辱当事人
Well, get used to it, Mr. Shore.
肖尔先生,这没什么新鲜的
This is nothing new. From the top of my head, I can remember the case of a woman
我能举出很多先例,有一个女被告的案子
who didn't strap her daughter into a car seat.
因为没帮女儿系安全带
The judge made her write a mock obituary for the child.
法官判她为女儿写一份假的讣告
A drunk-driving defendant was forced to put a warning sign on his car.
一个酒后开车的被告被,判处在车上挂警告牌
A woman was ordered to place an ad in the paper admitting
一个女被告被命令在报纸上登广告
that she had bought drugs.
向公众宣告她吸毒
Tell me, when did it become wrong to feel scorn for a criminal?
告诉我,什么时候开始,蔑视罪犯变的不可接受了
This sentence goes beyond scorn, your honor,
阁下,您的判决不只是蔑视
and I have known my client for years.
我认识我的委托人好几年了
He is not a criminal.
他绝不是罪犯
I'm not at all interested in your opinion, Mr. Shore.
肖尔先生,我对你的看法不感兴趣
You don't want the deal?
你不接受协议
Go to trial.
那就审判吧
But if you lose,
但一旦你输了
your defendant will go to prison, and deservedly so.
你的委托人将被判入狱,当然,他罪有应得
Talk it over. You have 60 seconds.
商量商量吧,一分钟后告诉我结论
It's your call, Walter. Walter
你决定
I'll do it.
我接受
In four hours, this will all be over.
4个小时,一切就结束了
He says he got jumped on the way home.
他说回家的路上被突然袭击了
You believe him?
你就信了?
I have no reason not to.
我没理由不信
Look, we had a robbery a few blocks away,
听着,几个街区外发生抢劫
guy wearing a ski mask.
罪犯戴着滑雪面罩
Owner gets a shot off, hits the guy in the chest.
店主朝罪犯胸部开了一枪
11 minutes later, your guy shows up here.
11分钟后你的伙计在这露面
So did two other gunshot victims within the same 20-minute time frame,
20分钟内还有另外两起枪击事件
both young males. I asked.
我问过了,受害者都是年轻男子
Michael Shea doesn't do stickups.
迈克尔·谢依不会抢劫
You don't know that.
你不知道
We ran his raps. Prior assault, gun possession.
我们查过他的犯罪档案,暴力袭击,非法持枪
Can I talk to you for a minute?
可以和你单独谈谈吗
Yeah.
好的
Okay, look, I know this guy.
我很了解迈克尔
We flipped him on that receiving case.
他曾经帮我们在那桩销赃案里做内应
He was your informant? Yes, for over a year.
他是你的线人?是的,做了一年多了
He was a big help to us, Mark. I don't think he would do this.
他帮过我们大忙,马克,他不会抢劫
Well, we're gonna know soon enough.
一会就清楚了
Meaning what?
什么意思?
The hospital's under court order.
医院遵照法庭令
When that bullet comes out, it goes to our lab.
子弹取出来,会立刻送给我们检查
If the slug matches the store owner's gun,
如果子弹和店主的枪吻合
he's guilty.
那么他就有罪
You look upset. I can tell these things.
你很沮丧,我能看出来
I'm a people person.
我很能察言观色的
Ever appear before a raving loon named Clark Brown?
那个疯子,克拉克·布朗主审过你的案子吗
Many a time.
很多次了
Raving Loon.
疯子
70 years old, still lives with his mother.
70岁了,还跟老妈住一起
What'd he do to tick you off?
他怎么你了?
Humiliated a client for reasons of pure bile and sport.
纯粹为了平愤和消遣,侮辱我的当事人
Said there was a precedent for it.
并说有例在先
Cited a bunch of cases where the judges shamed the defendant.
然后罗列出一堆侮辱被告的案例
Right. How'd you know?
你怎么知道?
Because the judge in all those cases...
因为这些案件的法官都是?
Judge Brown.
布朗法官
Raving Loon.
疯子
They want the bullet?
他们要子弹?
That's why they're here, so they can match it against the store owner's gun.
他们守在这,就是要核对子弹
I don't feel so good.
我觉得不舒服
Will it match, Michael? What exactly am I dealing with here?
会吻合吗,迈克尔,告诉我真相
You're a lucky man, Mr. Shea.
你真幸运,谢依先生
If that shot were 6 inches lower, I'd be talking to a corpse.
伤口再低六英寸,我就得跟尸体聊天了
So, I'm not dying?
我不会死了
No. You're stable.
不会,你的状况很稳定
Once we remove the bullet, you'll be fine.
只要子弹取出来你就没事了
What if you don't?
要是不呢?
Don't what?
不什么?
If you don't remove it.
不取出子弹
You just said I'm stable, right?
你说了我状况很稳定,对吧
For now, but that bullet could puncture your heart wall, Mr. Shea.
暂时是,但是子弹很可能会刺穿你的心房
Okay, well, I think I'll risk it.
我愿意冒险
What do you mean, you'll risk it?
冒什么险?
I need a moment with my client.
我要跟我委托人单独谈谈
We have to get him up to surgery. One quick moment. Thank you.
他要马上做手术,就一会,谢谢
Okay, I'm sorry.
好了,我很抱歉
Michael I screwed up. It's big. Michael...
我搞砸了,这不是小事
Lori, you know my record. I'm on probation. Lori
你知道我的案底,我在服缓刑
They get me for this, I'm going to go back. It's gonna be 30 years.
这次被他们指控,我就得回去蹲30年大牢
We're out of time. This removal isn't optional.
时间不多了,没的选择
For us it is.
对我们来说,不一定
Step back, please.
退后
My client doesn't consent to this procedure,
我的委托人不同意做这个手术
and if you ignore his wishes,
如果你忽略他的意愿
I'm afraid the consequences could be significant for this hospital and you personally.
对这个医院和你个人,后果都会是相当严重的
You can't be serious. Try me.
你不会是认真的吧,试试看
You can patch him up, but that bullet stays where it is.
你可以治疗伤口,但是子弹必须留在原处
I mean, it's a balancing test, right?
这属于利弊平衡取舍,对吧?
Legitimate state interest in recovering probative felony case evidence
一方要求取出涉嫌重罪的证据
versus the right to refuse invasive and potentially deadly surgery.
另一方也有权拒绝可能致命的手术
I can argue it, maybe even win.
我可以以此论辩,赢的几率也不是没有
But?
但是?
But am I supposed to use all of my legal skills
我应不应该用我的法律技能
so Michael Shea can leave a bullet in his body and die from it?
让迈克尔·谢依把子弹留在体内丧命
Now, the doctor didn't say he would necessarily die, right?
医生并没有说一定会致命,对吧?
He said the bullet could puncture the heart wall.
他说子弹可能会刺穿心房
What are you saying, that it's all right to walk around
如果是你,胸腔里有颗9毫米子弹
with a 9-millimeter slug in your chest?
到处走动会没事吗?
Well, as you know, my personal policy is always to remove bullets immediately after I'm shot.
我个人信念是,如果我挨了一枪,枪子要马上取出来
Lori
洛里
is your client competent?
你的委托人有正常的思维能力吗
I suppose. Is he being clear in communicating his wishes to you?
我想是的,是否神智清晰到可以将其意愿完整的传达给你
Yes.
是的
Have you vigorously presented alternative courses to him?
你是否已经把所有选择告诉他了?
Paul, I've done all of those things. Paul
这些事情我全部都做过了
Legally, I'm covered.
从法律角度上来说,能做的我都做了
Am I doing the right thing?
我这么做对吗?
You're doing what your client wants within the bound of the law.
你只不过是在法律允许范围内,执行委托人的意愿
End of inquiry.
咨询结束
Tara
塔拉
There you are. Listen, I need some help.
我需要你帮帮忙
I just e-mailed you.
电邮刚发给你
I went through the transcript and found at least seven places
我检查了证词记录
where Satchik had misrepresented himself.
至少发现7处地方,Satchik说的有问题
Oh, no, new case.
我说的是另外一件案子
My client has a bullet in his chest and doesn't want it out.
我的委托人胸口枪,不想取出子弹
We need to show otherwise.
我们必须给出不同观点
There's a bullet in his chest, and he doesn't want it out.
胸口里有颗子弹,他还想留着?
It ties him to a crime and 30 years of prison.
子弹取出,他有罪,入狱30年
As soon as you can.
你尽快
Again, Mr. Mack, I'm here as a court officer to verify your compliance.
麦克先生,作为法庭官员,我在此监督你的执行情况
As you know, it is judge Brown's order that you are to walk a distance of 50 feet,
按布朗法官的判决,你必须在50英尺的距离内
turn, retrace your steps, and turn again, and so forth, for four hours.
来回走动,持续4个小时
Do you understand? I understand.
你清楚了吗,清楚
No.
不会吧
Oh, ain't that cute.
真可爱啊
Yeah.
是啊
Tell us something we don't know.
说点我们不知道的
Hey, take a look at this.
看看这边
Hey, you know who that is?
你知道那是谁吗
That's Walter Mack.
那可是Walter Mack
Looking good, Walt!
瞅着不错啊
Nice sign!
牌子真不错
You sporting it, bro!
老兄,挺适合你
Put a little something-something in it.
再来点动作
Come on, smile, Walter!
笑一下,Walter!
Ooh, that evil look.
看看那个邪恶的表情
Sidney poitier wannabe.
你以为你是西德尼·波迪埃啊,
We need the bullet, your honor. We can't prove our case without it,
阁下,我们需要那粒子弹,不然案件没法进行
and we're entitled to retrieve it. Retrieve it?
我们有权取回,取回?
Nice euphemism.
不错的委婉词
Judge, they want to take a knife and slice open my client.
阁下,他们想在我委托人身上划开一刀
This is a patently unreasonable search. It is not unreasonable.
这很显然是不合理调查,合理的
Read the cases. The court has to apply a balancing test.
法庭必须要衡量利弊
What exactly am I balancing, Mr. Wells?
威尔斯先生,我到底要衡量什么?
The, uh, risk in intrusion to the defendant
相对于社会利益而言
against society's interest in solving this crime.
被告人所将受的伤害是否可以接受
The risks, your honor, are significant. We're talking about cutting the skin,
阁下,对被告的风险太大,这意味着剖开皮肤
extensive probing, retracting the tissue.
深入探查,重取组织
Come on. You have the doctor's statement.
拜托,你也听过了医生的说法了
In his words, this is a simple procedure.
这只是个简单手术
You must admit, Miss. Colson,
你必须承认,科尔森小姐
the law doesn't protect defendants from all intrusions.
法律并不能保证被告免受任何侵害
The state can, for example, take blood from a drunk-driving suspect.
比如说,州政府有权抽取酒后驾车,嫌犯血液以做化验
Taking blood is a minor intrusion.
抽血只是极小的侵害
This is a surgery under general anesthesia,
而这是个需要全身麻醉的大手术
where there are tangible, foreseeable risks.
里面有很明显的风险
Cardiac arrest, hypocapnia, hypotension...
心跳停止,低碳酸血症,血压过低?全部都只是你的假设
Yeah, all of which are Look at the statistics. hypothetical at best. He is not in danger.
看看这些数据,被告并没有危险
Your honor, this is over the line.
阁下,这逾越了法律的界限
They want to drug my client until he's unconscious,
他们要将我当事人麻醉到不省人事
then they want to cut him open.
切开他的身体
It's a small incision, recovery is minimal.
只是个小切口,很快会康复
If we can force people onto an operating table
如果为了得到证据
so the state can control for evidence, the Fourth amendment means nothing.
州政府就有权将任何人推上手术台的话,那么第4条宪法修正案还有什么意义
Sit. Sit.
坐下,坐下
Mr. Wells, other than this bullet,
威尔斯先生,除了这粒子弹
do you have anything at all to connect Mr. Shea to this crime?
你还有其他证据可以证明谢依先生涉及本案吗?
Uh, no, your honor, but this entire line of argument...
没有,阁下,但是?
Well, I suppose I could find probable cause
也许基于谢依先生伤口的性质和时间
based solely on the nature and timing of Mr. Shea's wound,
我可以找出可能的枪伤原因
but that wouldn't be enough here. If I could just be heard...
但这些并不充分,请您听我说?
You were heard. The depth and location of the wound,
我在听,基于伤口的深度和位置
the use of general anesthesia, the potential for nerve damage,
全身麻醉,心动停止,对神经系统的可能性伤害
cardiac arrest, however small, the risks are real.
不管风险多么小,它确实是存在的
I find that kind of intrusion unreasonable.
我裁定此种侵害不合理
What's wrong? What happened?
怎么回事?
There's nothing wrong.
没什么坏事
Denny, you're sitting in a jail cell. Something has happened,
丹尼你现在坐在监狱里,一定有事
and something is wrong.
还不是好事
I have been arrested for solicitation.
我因为嫖娼被捕了
You know, we got no hot water, Walter!
我家已经没有热水了,沃尔特
My mother's 83 years old!
我妈83岁
For a solid week, she had to walk six flights to go outside!
足足一个星期她得走6层楼梯出门
What do I do?
我能怎么办?
Okay, okay, folks, why don't we all just take a step back and give the man some room?
好了好了,各位,大家退后一步让他缓口气
Alan, it's Walter Mack. Oh, he's calling somebody.
艾伦,我是沃尔特·麦克,他在喊人来啊
You got to help me out. It's not safe out here.
你得把我救出去,这里不安全
There are a couple of guys who look like gang members who said they were gonna Self-pump you!
有些人看起来像是黑社会
Nice shot!
砸的好
I need an ambulance. 142 green.
请派一辆救护车过来,格林大街142号
Send the police now.
马上派警察来
Denny, I have an emergency of my own now.
丹尼,我有急事
A client has been attacked. I need to get going,
委托人被袭击,我得马上过去
so you have to tell me what has happened, and you need to do so quickly.
你得抓紧时间,长话短说
Denny, please.
丹尼,拜托
There are two things I hoped to experience in my lifetime
我这辈子有两个夙愿
that I was sure I never would.
我曾经认为永远都不可能实现
The first was the Red sox winning the world series.
第一件是波士顿红袜队在世界棒球锦标赛上夺冠,
Then when that happened, I thought, "by god, I should experience the other."
可这居然成真了,于是我就想,哦,这是上帝的旨意让我去实现第二个
The other being a hooker.
第二件是去嫖妓
No.
不对
I didn't know she was a prostitute.
我不知道她是妓女
The other was sex with a one-legged woman.
第二件是和只有一条腿的女人做爱
I beg your pardon?
什么
My father, god rest his soul,
我的父亲,愿他安息
told me the best sex he ever had was with one-legged women.
告诉我,他做爱最棒的一次,是和一个只有一条腿的女人
Something about positional play.
动作,位置什么的
I always wondered.
我总是在想象
So there I was, driving down the street, and I saw her.
所以当我开车看到她的时候
A woman with long, flowing hair and an incredible, magnificent...
柔顺的长发,优美的身姿在
limp.
一瘸一拐
So I pulled the car over.
所以我把车子停在了路边
I said, "excuse me, ma'am,
我说,请问,夫人
do you have a wooden leg?"
你那条腿是木头做的?
She said, "why, do you have one at the moment?"
她说,为什么这么问,你也是啊?
I smiled, and I said, "matter of fact..."
我笑了,然后说,事实上?
and she said, "I'm expensive."
然后她说,我的价格可是很高的
So I told her I'd buy her a trip to Belize, first class.
然后我许诺跟她头等舱去伯利兹潇洒
She pulled out her badge and arrested me.
然后她亮出了警徽,把我逮捕了
Both her legs were real.
她两条腿如假保换
You thought she had one leg.
你以为她只有一条腿
A trip to Belize is a fair and square deal, Bill.
到伯利兹一游,这笔交易很公平
Hell, if I had a nickel for every woman I promised to marry in exchange for sex...
见鬼,如果我出过一分钱给那些,我用婚姻承诺骗上床的女人
actually, I do.
事实上,我给了不少
I'm supposed to believe this?
我能相信你的话吗?
Your father told you the best sex was to be had with amputees,
就因为你父亲告诉过你,和截肢者的性爱是多么美妙
you saw this woman limping, and you were simply overcome?
所以你看见一个女人瘸腿时你就无法自已了?
You're leaving out the most important factor, your honor.
阁下,你忽略了最重要的事实
Which is? The Red sox.
你指的是什么?波士顿红袜队
For years, many years, they have,
年复一年,他们让所有人
at one time or another, made each and every one of us insane.
兴奋的失去理智
Last October, when they lost the seventh game to the Yankees,
去年十月,扬基队第七场,我们输掉
crime went up in this city.
这个城市犯罪激增
It's already been predicted we'll have a flood of August babies next year
而已经预测到的明年八月新生婴儿潮
from celebration-induced pregnancies.
也是因为现在的疯狂庆祝活动
The Red sox make us lose ourselves,
红袜队让我们都失去了理智
and in the wake of that team giving us what
我们的父辈,祖父辈一直都在追随它
our hearts have yearned for all our lives, our parents and grandparents' lives,
多年的渴望一朝实现
we have fallen victim to a delirium that makes us believe anything,
我们会被这股激情和兴奋笼罩,让我们相信一切皆有可能
anything is possible, including, but not limited to,
无所不能,当然也包括
the notion that god put a fetching one-legged woman in this man's path
上帝让这个男人,碰到了一位迷人的只有一条腿的女人
to commemorate the end of a wretched, horrid curse.
来终结伴随他一生的残酷的诅咒
You know me, Bill.
你了解我,比尔
I have hookers all the time. They come to my house.
我时不时的潇洒,她们会到我家里来
Why would I pull over to the side of the road?
我干吗要突然到路边打野鸡呢
Go. Beat it.
走吧,被你们打败了
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Buy you a drink, counsel?
律师,请你喝一杯?
I'd love to, but I have to tend to some business with a much less reasonable judge.
非常乐意,不过,我还得去应付另一个没这么明事理的法官
Thank you, Bill.
谢谢你,比尔
Who's your daddy?
知道谁厉害了吧?
So, uh, I'm not under arrest.
这么说,我不会被捕咯?
No. Without the bullet, the D.A. doesn't have enough to charge you.
是的,拿不到子弹, D.A.没有足够的证据起诉你
Thanks.
谢谢
Listen, Michael... Okay, wait, don't, don't,
听着,迈克尔,等等
don't say it.
不要说
You're disappointed in me.
我知道我让你很失望
You think I don't get that?
你认为我不了解吗
I'm sure you do, but I don't understand why...
我知道,但我实在是想不明白
Look, I tried. Okay, Lori?
我努力了,洛里
Now, this might come as a shock to you,
也许你很失望
but there's no entry-level office training program for felons, okay?
对罪犯来说,不会有坐办公室的活给你
The only workout there for me is cleaning toilets,
我唯一找到的工作就是洗厕所
so if you're gonna lecture me now...
你想跟我说教?
I wasn't about to do that.
我没打算说教
I just wanted to say that... What?
我只是想说,什么
I don't want you to die.
我不想看着你死
I've known you for a long time, and I like you.
我们认识很长时间,我也喜欢你
I don't want you to die.
我不想你死
What are you doing now?
你要去做什么
Going to raise a ruckus. Care to join me?
找人吵架,想参加吗?
No, thanks.
不了
You want something?
有事情吗?
Nothing.
没什么
Tara, clearly you want something.
塔拉,很显然你有事
I just came to tell you that we won our motion,
我只是来告诉,我们申辩成功了
which is fabulous.
感觉很棒
Our client gets to keep a bullet in his chest,
但我们的委托人胸口还有颗子弹
and he's probably gonna die.
并且可能因此丧命
But a victory is a victory, right?
但是赢了就是赢了,对不对
You really think he's gonna die?
你真的认为他会死?
The thing is in his chest.
子弹留在他的胸口
The doctor says if it isn't removed...
医生说如果不取出来
Self-imposed death sentence in order to avoid a prison sentence.
为了逃避牢狱之灾将自己的生命置之不顾
The irony is palpable.
真是讽刺
I agree, and yet he is stuck.
我同意,现在他进退不得
Or not.
未必
And this is?
这是什么
The discretionary option.
一个自由的选择
My deputy gave me a full report.
我的代理人给我看了完整的报告
Needless to say, I'm outraged.
很显然这让我很震惊
That's refreshingly humane of you.
您还有仁慈之心,真让人振奋
I don't follow.
我不明白
Perhaps I don't follow. I was quite explicit in my order.
也许是我不明白,我的命令很明确
Four continuous hours in front of the building.
在那栋建筑前,4小时不停,来回走动
Your guy barely lasted 20 minutes.
而你的委托人坚持了还不到20分钟
At which point he was attacked with a glass bottle,
那是因为他被玻璃瓶砸中
sending him to the emergency room with a gaping wound in his head.
脑袋开花,必须马上送去急诊室
Do you know what my mother would call you?
你知道我母亲怎么说你这种人吗
A namby-pamby, weak and spineless,
装腔作势,弱懦无能,毫无骨气
bellyaching about some trumped-up medical excuse.
编造医疗事故做借口不停抱怨
Well, your guy's in violation of his sentence.
你的委托人违反了对他的判决
Your honor, is sometng not registering?
阁下,难道我没说清楚吗
Walter Mack was attacked.
沃尔特·麦克受到了攻击
Next time, it could be considerably worse.
下次后果可能会更严重
If you're so worried, take an extra marshal.
如果你这么担心,再带上一个法警
But I want him back out there today or the plea agreement is tossed.
但今天他必须回去那里,不然认罪无效
Is that understood?
明白了吗
It is not, not at all.
一点都不明白
Goodbye, Mr. Shore.
再见,肖尔先生
I don't know what to do.
我不知道该做什么
I just feel so helpless.
只是觉得很无助
What about Alan Shore?
找过艾伦·肖尔了吗
What about him?
为什么找他
He's been known to...
他一向都能?
accomplish things. Maybe you should seek his help.
解决问题,也许你应该请他帮你
You're not gonna find him.
可现在找不到他
Oh, Alan Shore is taking judge Brown before a disciplinary panel.
艾伦·肖尔把布朗法官告到纪律委员会去了
When?
什么时候?
Now.
现在
Excuse me.
失陪
This is highly unusual, Mr. Shore,
肖尔先生,这很不寻常
seeking to discipline a judge for imposing a sentence your client agreed to.
要求纪律惩戒法官,就因为他强制执行你委托人已经同意的判决
I suspect we'd all agree to a good beating in order to avoid a prison sentence,
我想为了避免牢狱之灾,谁都愿意挨打一顿
but, your honors, we're not in Singapore.
但阁下,这里不是新加坡
Still, given his consent...
但是,考虑到他已经同意?
He didn't consent to land in a hospital bed
他并未同意因此入院
with a concussion and 12 stitches across his skull.
脑震荡并且头部缝12针
And now, astonishingly, judge Brown expects him to go back for more.
而现在,不可思议的是布朗法官,居然想让他回去继续执行
Pardon the interruption, your honors.
阁下,很抱歉打断你们
Paul Lewiston of Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
我是Poole & Schmidt律师事务所的Paul Lewiston
A word with my colleague.
我要和我的同事说一句
Stop this now.
立刻停止
This doesn't concern you, Paul. You should leave immediately.
这与你无关,你最好马上离开
I am afraid Mr. Shore has inadvertently
我想Shore先生在本案中
overstepped his authority in regard to this matter.
无意间逾越了他个人的权限
Pursuant to a signed letter of retention, Walter Mack is in fact a client of our firm,
依照合同,沃尔特·麦克是我们公司的客户
not Mr. Shore specifically. That's ridiculous.
而不是肖尔先生个人的,荒谬
I have personally represented Walter Mack for years.
我个人代理沃尔特·麦克好几年了
Crane, Poole & Schmidt bears no ill will toward judge Brown whatsoever,
克兰,普尔和施密特事务所对布朗法官没有任何恶意
nor do we seek to second-guess his sentencing of our client.
对他的判决也并无异议
And yet here I am, both second-guessing and bearing ill will.
但我在此,有异议还有恶意
Alan, you are out of line. You interrupt my hearing and accuse me of being...
艾伦,你过分了,你打断了我的听证会,还指责我..
Gentlemen, gentlemen.
先生们,先生们
Next time I suggest you settle on a position before convening an emergency panel.
下一次你们紧急召集委员会,我希望你们先决定好自己的立场
We are adjourned.
休会
In my courtroom, with your client, tomorrow.
明天,带你的委托人,到我办公室
Namby-pamby.
装腔作势
It's not my habit to ambush colleagues in the middle of a proceeding,
我并不喜欢在诉讼过程中冲进来攻击我的同事
but you gave me no choice, Alan.
但艾伦,你让我没的选择
I cannot allow an associate to declare war on behalf of this firm,
我不能让一个同事以公司的名义
certainly not against a highly influential jurist.
和一名极有影响力的法理学家宣战
I'm giving notice. I believe two weeks is standard.
我要辞职,按标准提前两周通知你
Now step aside, Paul, before I push you to the ground and go to the bathroom on you.
靠边站,保罗,不然我把你打翻在地,拖进厕所
Lori Colson?
洛里·科尔森在吗
She's out of the office.
她出去了
I got to see her.
我得见她
You got to call her. Please.
拜托帮我打她电话
Michael, are you all right?
迈克尔,你还好吗
You look awful.
你看起来糟透了
I'm thinking that maybe we could get some kind of plea.
我想我现在得去认罪了
Is it too late?
应该不算太迟吧?
I don't know, but, Michael, we've got to get you to a hospital.
我不知道,但,迈克尔,现在你必须去医院
No, hey, no.
不,不要
I won't, okay? I will die first.
我绝对不去,我宁愿去死
Oh, my god. Michael, sit down.
天呐,迈克尔,坐下
Sit down.
坐下
Stay there. Okay.
呆着别动,好的
Okay.
好的
I don't see a defendant, Mr. Shore.
肖尔先生,我没看到被告
I'm sure we can drum one up. The building is teeming with them.
我肯定能抓一个来,这栋大楼里到处都是被告
I believe I made myself clear,
我想我的意思很明白
but perhaps an order of contempt will help move things forward.
但也许判你个蔑视法庭,会让事情顺利些
Your honor, if I could be berated in just a moment,
阁下,如果你马上要责备我的话
might we first take care of one brief ceremonial matter?
我们可否先完成一个简短的仪式
Your mother has been waiting ever so patiently.
您的母亲一直在此耐心的等待
Excuse me?
什么
Is this lovely woman not your mother?
这位可爱的女士难道不是您母亲吗?
Mother.
妈妈
What are you doing in my courtroom?
你在我法庭上做什么?
I was obviously thrilled to find her available to attend this long-overdue presentation,
我万分欣喜的发现令堂尚可以出席这场迟来的颁奖礼
which I am honored to make on behalf of the entire bar association,
我很荣幸的以律师协会
uh, subcommittee on judicial excellence to the honorable Clark Brown,
呃,下属的司法公正道德委员会,颁发给尊敬的克拉克·布朗
jurist, scholar, and humanitarian.
法理学家,学者以及人道主义者
May I approach? You may not.
我能上前吗?不能
I think I will.
我想我可以
Many congratulations.
由衷的恭喜您
I take it this is your horrific penmanship.
我想这出自你那拙劣的笔迹吧
It is, but in my defense, I was driving to court at the time.
确实,不过容我解释,我当时在开车来上庭
And I suppose you think presenting me with some cockamamie award you invented
你以为颁发给我些你自己编造的奖项
is going to help your case.
会对你的案子有帮助
The award is for your mother, judge.
但这些荣誉是属于您母亲的
As for my case, as I see it,
就这件案子,就我而言
you can hold me in contempt, you can send my client to prison,
你可以判我蔑视法庭,可以将我的委托人关进监狱
and you can dream up elaborate and humiliating sentences ad infinitum,
可以想出更多精妙的污辱性判罚
but unfortunately,
但不幸的是
nothing that you do will negate the ego-crushing, utterly emasculating effect
无论怎样,你都无法抵消你母亲对你的影响,她粉碎了你的自尊
your mother clearly has on you as, I must confess, she had on me.
削去了你的男子气概,正如她对我对的一样
After a mere 20 minutes, it was all I could do to resist dining and ditching the woman.
仅仅相处20分钟,我就得中止晚餐,送她离开
Obviously, your issues with Esther, Oedipal or otherwise,
很明显,您跟埃斯特的问题,,恋母情节还是怎样,
can't help but inform your appetite for shame and humiliation,
只会增加您侮辱他人的欲望
and it's entirely understandable, but you're smarter than your mother.
这完全可以理解,但是您比令堂更加明智
You're stronger than your mother.
也强大的多
Show the old battle-ax one can be powerful and yet still be fair and just.
让我们看到手握权柄的人,依然能够保持公平公正吧
My client Walter Mack has suffered enough.
沃尔特·麦克已经受够罪了
Let him fix his building and move on with his life.
让他修复他的房产,继续自己的生活吧
Move on with yours.
您也一样
You're a judge. You have all the power.
您是法官,权利就在你的手中
Get away from my bench.
退下
Yes, sir.
是,先生
You have ignored a direct order of the court.
你无视了本庭的一项直接命令
I expect a handwritten letter of apology delivered to my chambers by end of day.
我希望今天之前,可以收到一封手写的道歉信
As for your client...
至于你的委托人
he will complete the repairs as listed on the plea agreement
他必须完成认罪条款里所列的维修项目
in one week's time.
一周之内
If he complies to the last detail,
如果他很好的执行
I shall spare him any further consequences.
他将不再受到任何处罚
Thank you, sir.
谢谢您,先生
And you're dismissed.
你可以走了
Next matter.
下个案子
It was my second coke bust,
那是我第二次因毒品被抓
but somehow Alan got it kicked to misdemeanor possession.
但是艾伦不知道用了什么法子,只判了轻罪
No time served.
没有判刑
Lost my license to practice.
执照被吊销了
Could have been a lot worse, though.
还算好,不然可能要糟的多
Everything's gonna be fine, Michael. You passed out in my car.
会没事的,迈克尔,你刚才在我车子里晕过去了
You're gonna be fine.
你会没事的
I told you, no hospitals.
我说了,不去医院
Actually, we're not at hospital.
事实上,这不是医院
Not exactly. This is Dr. Kodash.
不是严格意义上的医院,这是Kodash医生
He's a friend of my colleague's.
我同事的一个朋友
Michael, he's very discreet.
迈克尔,他是个相当谨慎的人
Tell me about the Raving Loo.
跟我说说那个疯子
State bird of Minnesota, actually.
实际上,那是明尼苏达州的州鸟
I heard about your run-in with Paul Lewiston.
我听说你跟保罗·刘易斯顿之间的冲突了
Did you really threaten to pee on him?
你真的有威胁要在他头上撒尿?
Forgive me, Denny.
抱歉,丹尼
I'm not in my usual good humor.
我现在没平常那么幽默
He never wanted you here from day one.
从开始他就不想要你在这里
That in mind,
如果你介意
you can leave and give him the victory he's aiming for.
你可以现在辞职,让他得到梦寐以求的胜利
Or...
或者?
you can stay,
你留下来
your very presence torturing him
你的每次出现对他都是折磨
hour after hour, day after day.
分分秒秒,每时每刻
That's what I do.
我就是这样做的
For the record, I hate sentiment.
声明一下,我讨厌多愁善感
But before you got here, I was beginning to loathe this place.
但在你来之前,我就开始厌恶这个地方了
Hey.
嘿
I couldn't find you last night. Everything all right?
我昨晚找不到你,你还好吗?
Fine.
很好
I left the hospital and was too depressed to work,
我离开医院,心情低落,不想工作
so I went home and took an extraordinarily long bath.
所以我回到家,好好的洗了个澡
Well, you missed some excitement.
看来你错过了刺激场面
Oh?
哦?
You're not interested as to how I came upon this?
你不好奇我怎么做到的?
I have a pretty good idea.
我能想象的到
Oh, dear. Am I in trouble?
哦,亲爱的,我有麻烦了吗
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
You send my client to a mob doctor
你把我的委托人交给一个黑帮医生
working in the back room of some underworld casino you frequent.
而他就躲在你经常光顾的赌场里屋操刀手术
I'm sorry to say the reality is far less colorful,
很抱歉,现实没那么丰富多彩
but I applaud your imagination.
不过我欣赏你的想象力
You're amazingly inconsiderate, you know that?
你完全不替别人考虑,你知道吗?
I do.
我知道
How does it show? I have known Michael Shea for five years, Alan,
你怎么看出来的?我认识迈克尔·谢依五年了
and ridiculousas it sounds, he's somebody I happen to care about.
尽管听起来很荒谬,但是他是我恰好会关心的人
You don't even know him. We could all have lunch if you'd like.
你都不了解他,不介意的话我们可以共进午餐
You sent him off to commit yet another crime.
你把他送走又让他罪加一条
There's no crime, Lori, just a bullet.
没有犯罪,洛里,只是颗子弹
Turn it in if you want.
你愿意的话,上交好了
Of course I'm not gonna do that,
我当然不会那么做
but I shouldn't even be in this position,
但我不应该面对这种处境
and Tara shouldn't, either.
塔拉也不应该
Why would you corrupt her like that?
你为什么要诱惑她堕落?
Tara's a grownup, capable of making all sorts of grown-up decisions.
塔拉是成年人,有能力自己作出决定
Don't be glib with me.
别和我耍嘴皮子
Tara adores you.
塔拉崇拜喜欢你
Of course she's gonna follow your lead until one day she slips up,
她当然会对你言听计从,直到她出事
somehow blows it, and her career is over.
只要有人告密,她的事业就全完了
And yet here I sit, years of evildoing under my belt,
我还坐在这,多年来一肚子坏水
and still a happy camper.
依旧高枕无忧
I suppose you're the exception,
也许你是例外
but to what end?
但是你这样要到什么时候?
I mean, you conspire to conceal evidence,
你可以私下隐藏证据
you take on a judge to help out a slumlord.
为了恶劣房东与法官为敌
You know, sometimes you're in the right, Alan,
艾伦,有时候你是站在正义的一边
but other times, it seems like you just can't control yourself.
但有时候,你似乎根本就无法自控
I think you're lost.
我觉得你迷失自己了
Am I lost, Denny?
我迷失了吗,丹尼
Depends what you're looking for.
这取决于你在寻找什么
Lori Colson thinks I'm lost.
洛里·科尔森认为我迷失自己了
Screw her.
去她的
Have you?
你有吗?
That's impolite talk, Denny.
丹尼,你这样问有失礼貌
Everything okay?
一切都还好吗?
I'm the one that's lost, Alan.
我才是迷失的那个,艾伦
How so? Empty, I should say.
为什么这样说?空虚,我应该这么说
All my life, I wanted the Red sox to win the world series.
我一生都渴望红袜队能在世界棒球锦标赛上夺冠
It was like a quest, you know?
知道吗,就像是种追求
Something burning inside.
一种内在的狂热的渴望
And now the bastards have done it,
可现在,那群混蛋做到了
and I feel like...
然后我觉得
I don't know, like my pilot light went out.
我不知道,就好象我的航标灯熄灭了
I know what you mean.
我知道你的意思
We've been comfortable aspiring to championship.
我们一直都在享受争夺冠军的过程
I don't know how comfortable we are as champions.
真的成了冠军,又无所适从了
What do we do now? I don't know.
那现在怎么办,我不知道
Must be awful rooting for the Yankees.
我可不想去支持扬基队夺冠
Listen, Denny, would you do me a favor?
丹尼,帮我一个小忙好吗
Name it.
说吧
Friend of mine, she's wanted to meet you.
我一个朋友,她一直想见见你
She's here now.
现在就在外面
You sure you don't mind? No, bring her in.
不介意请她进来吗,当然不,让她进来吧
Sarah
萨拉
Hello, Denny.
你好,丹尼
Solid ash.
白蜡木
Same wood they use to make Manny's bat.
正是做Manny球棒的那种木头,
You're a corrupting influence.
你总是想法设法引人堕落啊
Yes.
是的
So I've been told.
一直有人这么说
Sarah
萨拉
Join us for a drink.
一起来喝一杯吧
I'd love to.
非常乐意
A toast to us, to love,
举杯,为了我们,为了爱
but most of all... The Boston Red sox.
不过最重要的还是?波士顿红袜队
The Red sox.
红袜队
Is it really made of ash?
这真是用白蜡木做的吗
I think so.
我想是的
Give you any trouble dancing?
这有碍你跳舞吗
Not a bit.
一点都不
Maybe we could go dancing later.
也许过会儿我们可以共舞
I'd love that.
非常乐意