"Eugene saw a woman.Her eyes were blue.
“尤金看见一个女人 她的眼睛是清澈的蓝色”
"So quickly did he fall for her...that no one in the room even heard the sound."Period. End of Chapter Four.
“他对她一见钟情 那种恋爱的感觉突如其来 快到周围的人毫无察觉”句号 第四章结束
Only ninety-eight more to go!
还有九十八章就完成了!
I love you, Max Perkins!
我爱你 麦克斯·柏金斯!
...with Francis and Eugene in Paris.
...和法兰西斯 尤金一起在巴黎
Exactly! As if you're skipping across the Atlantic.
没错! 想像你自己正在横跨大西洋
"Matching Eugene's disorientation."
“这让尤金感到迷惑”
He didn't know that she would never see him, that her love would never be his.How could he know that?
他不知道 他们以后永远不会再见面 也不知道 她永远不会爱上他 他怎么可能知道?
Hold on, he did. How?
等一下 他知道 怎么知道的?
"The subtle grapy bloom of dusk."
“黄昏的太阳 似葡萄大小 绽放出微弱的光”
Tom, we discussed a transition line. One line to bridge the cut.You've given me fifty new pages on the doctor.
汤姆 我们说好用一句话 来连接删减部分前后的内容 但你给了我整整五十页新的内容 来讲这个医生
You've given me his whole life story and his father's whole life story.
上面描述了他的整个人生轨迹 还有他父亲的整个人生轨迹
I like the doctor.
我喜欢这个医生
Well, so do I.I adore the doctor. But by God, fifty pages?
我也是啊 我也喜欢医生这个角色 但用得着五十页来写他吗?
Some books are supposed to be long, you know?
有些书本身就应该长篇大论 你知道吗?
Thank Christ Tolstoy never met you.We'd have that great novel War and Nothing.
谢天谢地 托尔斯泰当年没遇见你 不然他的小说里 应该就只剩战争场景了