Kites, ho! Kites, ho! Kites, ho! Kites, ho!
风筝嗬!风筝嗬!风筝嗬!风筝嗬!
Excuse me.
不好意思
You're misusing the word "ho."
你们误用了"嗬"这个词
It's an interjection used to call attention to a destination, not an object, as in, uh, "Land, ho!" Or, uh, "Westward, ho!"
这是用于引起目标注意的感叹词而不是物体,例如"停下嗬"或者"向西嗬"
Kites, ho!
风筝嗬
Hey, guys. Whatcha doin'?
各位好,在忙什么
Going out to discover electricity?
出去发现电的存在吗
If you're referring to the work of Benjamin Franklin, he did not "discover electricity," he merely used a kite to determine that lightning "consists" of electricity.
如果你说的是本杰明·富兰克林的成果他没有"发现电的存在",他只是利用风筝证明,他只是利用风筝证明
He also invented the Franklin stove, bifocals and the flexible urinary catheter.
他还发明了富兰克林壁炉式取暖炉双光眼镜和灵活导尿管
Kites, ho.
风筝嗬
We're heading out for some kite fighting.
我们准备去斗风筝
-"Kite fighting"?,Oh, yeah.
斗风筝,对
It's an extremely competitive, cutthroat sport.
一项极具竞争性和激烈性的运动
Well, actually, the risk of throat cutting is very low.
其实,割到喉咙的风险很低
On the other hand, severe string burn is a real and ever-present danger.
另外,严重被线擦伤才是真实且经常发生的危险
You want to come watch?
你想来观战吗
Oh, gee...
天啊
Sounds amazing.
听着很不错
But, um, I've got some friends coming over.
不过,我有些朋友会过来
Not a big thing-- we're just gonna watch the Nebraska game.
没什么大事只是聚在一起看内布拉斯加比赛
Oh. Football, sure.
橄榄球,行
Good guess.
猜得好
I would've invited you, but I know you're not a football fan.
我本想叫上你,但我知道你不是球迷
No, no, I'm not, so... great.
对,当然,很好
You've got plans doing something you like, I've got plans doing something I like, so it's good.
你能做自己喜欢的事我也能做自己喜欢的事这样很好
Well, maybe we'll hang out later--you know, after everybody's gone.
我们能迟些再聚,等大家都走了
Yeah, great.
行,可以
See ya.
再见
Well, this sucks.
太逊了
I'm sorry, I got bored and drifted off.
抱歉,我觉得无聊,开小差了
Where exactly in the interaction did the sucking lie?
什么东西很逊
Leonard just realized that Penny's been hiding him from her friends because he's a tiny, little man who flies kites.
莱纳德刚发现佩妮不想带他见朋友因为莱纳德是个身材矮小又喜欢放风筝的人
Oh, that certainly would suck.
这当然会很逊
Wolowitz is trying to outflank us.
沃罗威茨想侧翼包围咱们
Let out some string, add altitude and I'll go under and cut his line.
你放线,飞高点我从下方偷袭割他的线
Why wouldn't Penny want her friends to meet me?
为什么佩妮不想让她朋友认识我
Focus, Leonard, focus!
集中精神比赛,莱纳德
The heat of battle is upon us.
战斗的热浪迎面而来
The dogs of war are unleashed.
战争的恶犬已被释放
Maybe Koothrappali's right. Maybe I embarrass her.
或许库萨帕里说得对,也许我让她囧了
You're embarrassing me right now.
你现在就让我囧了
A grown man worrying about such nonsense when in the middle of flying kites.
一个大男人在放风筝的时候居然担心这种无聊东西
Sorry.
对不起
Sorry won't bring their kites down.
道歉可打不下对方的风筝
String burn! String burn!
被线擦伤,痛痛
Oh, they think we're flanking. They're playing right into our hands.
他们以为我们想侧翼包围正中我们下怀
On the count of three, we execute the flying scissor.
我数到三,使出绝杀飞剪
One, two...
一,二
Whoa!
哇
Did you see that? See what?
看到没,-什么
That chick-- she smiled at me.
那个小妞,她冲我笑
- No, she didn't. - Yes, she did.
-没有,-有
Come on, scissors, scissors!
快,飞剪,飞剪
Hold my line
帮我拿着,
What are you doing? I can't scissors by myself!
你去干什么?我没法单独使出飞剪
Howard! Come back!
霍华德,回来
Victory!
胜利
Son of a bitch.
狗娘养的
You're a sucky friend, you know that?
你真是垃圾朋友,知道吗
A sucky, sucky friend.
比垃圾还垃圾的朋友
What was supposed to do? She gave me that "come-hither" look.
我能怎样?她冲我那么诱惑一笑
If she gave you any look at all. it was a "you suck" look.
就算她冲你笑,那也是笑你很逊
I would've caught up to her if I hadn't pulled a hammy.
如果没有拉伤大腿,我就能追上她
Oh, please, you weigh 80 pounds.
拜托,你才80磅重
You don't have a hammy.
哪有什么大腿肌肉
So, Penny doesn't want me around her friends. I embarrass her. What else could it be?
佩妮不想带我见朋友。我让她囧了,有其他可能吗
Well, her actions could be out of concern for your feelings
她的行为能理解为顾及你的感受
Perhaps she's excluded you from these gatherings
也许她不让你参加聚会
because she's scouting for a new mate and don't want to do it in front of you.
是因为她想物色新配偶但不想让你看到
Oh... how kind of her.
她真贴心
Agreed.
同意
Most primates don't show that sort of discretion.
大多数灵长类动物没有这种判断力
A female bonobo will copulate with a new male in front of the old one without so much as a "how do you do?"
雌性倭黑猩猩会在前配偶面前与新配偶交配根本不会想"你怎么样"
You always do this, you know?
你老是这样,知道吗
You ditch me for a woman you don't have a shot with.
抛下我去追没有机会追到的女人
I totally had a shot.
我完全有机会
With a woman you were chasing through a park--that's not a shot, that's a felony.
在公园追逐一名女子,这不叫机会,这叫重罪
What's worse, it cost me my prized Patang fighting kite.
搭上我赢回来的帕唐风筝更罪加一等
Sheldon, I don't suppose there's any chance you could give me my kite back?
谢尔顿,能不能行行好把风筝还给我
I'm sorry, Raj, but the rules of aerial warfare dictate at the fallen kite go to the victor.
对不起,拉杰,空战的规则规定战败的风筝归胜者
And without rules, the competition has no meaning.
没有规则,比赛就没有意义
And without meaning, the following would be an empty gesture.
没有比赛意义,下面的动作就只会是个空洞的姿态
I have your kite.
你的风筝归我了
Hey. Hey. How was your football party?
嘿。嘿。你的橄榄球派对如何
- It was pretty good. We won.,- Oh, wow.
-很不错,我们赢了,-哇
That's excellent.
太棒了
It's a weird figure of speech, isn't it "We won" when you weren't actually playing.
你不觉得这个比喻很怪吗?不是我们在玩,却说"我们赢了"
When we watch Star Wars, we don't say, "We defeated the Empire."
当我们看《星球大战》的时候我们不会说"我们打败了帝国"
I'm glad to hear it.
很高兴听你这么说
Oh, hey, on a related subject, are you embarrassed to have me around your friends?
对了,还有个相关问题我跟你朋友在一起会让你觉得有失颜面吗
Oh, my god, no.
天呐,当然不会
Why would you ask that?
为什么要这么问
Well, you know, I just noticed I haven't really met any of them.
我才发现我还没见过他们呢
Sure you have.
你肯定见过
Yeah, no, I met the huge ex-boyfriend and the smaller yet still larger than me ex-boyfriend
对,我见过你那高大的前男友还有小一点但还是比我高大的前男友
By the way, were they here today?
顺便问一下,他们今天来了吗
- Of course not.,- Of course not.
-当然没有,-当然没有
Why would they be? Why would I ask?
为什么要来,为什么我会问
Why am I rambling? Why don't you stop me?
为什么我这么无厘头,为什么你不制止我
Leonard, look, if you want to meet my friends, that would be great.
莱纳德如果你想见我的朋友,当然很好啦
I just, you know, I didn't want you to be bored.
我只是,不想让你觉得太无聊
I wouldn't be bored.
我才不会觉得无聊呢
Why would I be bored?
为什么我会无聊
Well, 'cause they're not genius scientists.
因为他们不是天才科学家啊
Penny, I like all sorts of people. In fact, some of my best friends aren't geniuses.
佩妮,我喜欢各种各样的人。事实上,我最好的一些朋友并不是天才
Like who?
比如说
Okay, some of my Facebook friends aren't geniuses.
好吧,我的某些Facebook朋友不是天才
My point is, if we're going to be a couple,
重点在于,如果我们要成为一对
I should be friends with your friends.
我应该是你朋友的朋友
Okay, great. Well, then why don't you come over next Saturday and watch the game with us.
好啊,太棒了,那你下周六跟我们一起看橄榄球比赛吧
Another football game?
又有橄榄球赛吗
They have them every week.
橄榄球赛每周都有的
Did not know that.
不知道这回事
You wanted to meet my friends.,Sure. Sure, just I don't know much about football.
你想见我的朋友,当然,当然,但是我对橄榄球不大了解
Oh, that's okay-- a lot of the guys' girlfriends don't know football.
那没关系,很多男生的女朋友完全不懂橄榄球
They just kind of drink and talk in the kitchen.
她们就只在厨房边喝酒边聊天
Great.
"真不错"
Okay, a complete pass.
好的,成功的传球
First down, New England.
一档,新英格兰
I think I'm starting to get this.
我觉得我开始有点明白了
Really?
真的吗
The only thing I've learned in the last two hours is that American men love drinking beer,
过去两小时中我唯一学到的就是美国男人喜欢喝啤酒
pee too often and have trouble getting erections.
尿太多导致勃起障碍
Focus on the game, not the commercials, Raj.
把精力放比赛上,而不是广告,拉杰
I'm just saying, maybe if you people cut back on the beer, you could get out of the bathroom and satisfy your women without pharmaceutical help.
我只是说,如果人们能减少啤酒摄入就可以从厕所中解脱出来在不使用医药帮助的情况下满足他的女人
Raj, what are you doing here? You were supposed to help me pimp out my Vespa.
拉杰,你在这儿干嘛呢?你本该帮我改装我的小摩托
I'm sorry, are you under the impression that we're still friends?
对不起,你还沉浸在我们仍是朋友的印象中吗
Oh, come on.
别这样
You're not still grinding on the kite thing, are you?
你不会还在纠结风筝的事情吧
It's not just the kite thing.
这不仅仅是风筝的事情
Every time we go some place, you think you can just dump me whenever someone prettier comes along,
每次我们出去玩,你都认为你可以随时把我丢下去追路过的漂亮美眉
even though you don't have a shot with them.
尽管你跟她们完全没可能
I had a shot with that jogger.
我跟那个跑步的有可能成的
Fine. Paint green flames on your little scooter with her.
行啊,那找她与你一起往你的小绵羊上画绿焰去
It's not a little scooter.
那不是小绵羊
It's the second biggest Vespa they make!
那是他们造的第二大小摩托
Are you watching football?
你在看橄榄球
There's no fooling you.
没跟你开玩笑
Now, what is this sacks statistic they put up there?
屏幕上的"sacks"数据又是什么
All I know about Sacks is, my mother shops there.
我只知道我妈经常去"Sacks"商店买东西
Sacks,sacks Sacks, sacks...
Sacks,sacks Sacks, sacks...
It's football nom for when a quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
这是个橄榄球术语,用于四分卫在启球线之后被擒倒
Scrimmage.
启球
The line of scrimmage is the imaginary transverse line separating the offense from the defense.
启球线是一条假想的横截线,用于区分进攻方与防守方
Sheldon knows football?
谢尔顿懂橄榄球
Apparently.
很显然他懂
I mean, Quidditch, sure. But football?
魁地奇他肯定懂,橄榄球他也懂?
Sheldon, how do you know this stuff?
谢尔顿,你怎么知道这个
I grew up in Texas. Football is ubiquitous in Texas:
我可是在德克萨斯长大的,橄榄球在德克萨斯无处不在
Pro football, college football, high school football, peewee football...
职业橄榄球,大学橄榄球,高中橄榄球,初中橄榄球
In fact, every form of football except the original--European football.
事实上,所有种类的橄榄球都有除了最原始的欧式橄榄球
Which most Texans believe to be a Commie plot.
而大部分德克萨斯人认为这是共产党阴谋
Unbelivable.
真难以置信
If you're interested, I also know all about frying meat that isn't chicken as if it were chicken.
如果你感兴趣,我还知道所有似鸡非鸡的炸肉排的相关知识
So you could teach me?
那你能教我吗
Football or chicken-fried meats?
橄榄球还是炸肉排
Football.
橄榄球
I'm going to Penny's on Saturday to watch a game with her friends and I don't want to look lik an idiot. I want to blend in.
我周日要去佩妮家跟她的朋友们看比赛,我不想自己看上去像个白痴,我想融入进去
If you want to blend in with Penny's friends, I'd think looking like an idiot would be the perfect camouflage.
如果你想融入佩妮的朋友圈,我觉得扮作个白痴会是完美的伪装
Come on, Sheldon, please teach me about football. It'll be fun.
别这样,谢尔顿,教我橄榄球吧,会很有趣的
That's exactly what my father said.
这跟我爸说的完全一样
"Come to the games. Watch the games."
"来看球赛吧,去看球赛吧"
Week in and week out from the time I was five until I went off to college.
周复一周的,从五岁直到我上大学
Longest seven years of my life.
人生当中最漫长的七年
Please, I'm asking you as a friend.
求你了,这是朋友的请求
Are you making this a tier one friendship request?
你要将这作为一级友情请求吗
Yes.
是的
Fine.
那好吧
- I really appreciate this,- Yeah, yeah.
-我非常感谢,-算了,算了
All right, Poindexter, sit down, shut up and listen.
那好,呆子,闭嘴,坐下听好
I'm sorry?
你说啥
That's how my father always began our football conversations.
我老爸每次讲到橄榄球的话题都是这个开场白
And if you'd like, after the game,
如果你想的话,比赛后
I'll take you outside and teach you how to shoot Close enough to racoon that craps itself.
我还可以带你出去教你射会自己便便的浣熊