You don't know how much I missed you.
你不知道我有多想你
Oh, I missed you too, Tom, but this is important.
噢 我也很想你 汤姆 但有件事很重要 我必须先跟你讲
Aline came to the office and she has a gun.
艾琳来我的办公室找我 还带了一把枪
An actual gun.
一把真枪
Hell with her.
让她见鬼去吧
I've been away so long...
我离开太久了
we have to celebrate my return to the greatest of nations... with all things American.
我们应该为我回到美国这个最伟大的国家 好好庆祝一番
I have to eat some wieners and, and walk the city... and drink us some serious liquor.
我想吃维也纳香肠 逛逛这座城市 然后再喝点带劲的酒
I mean, can one man do it?
一个人真的可以做到吗?
Write his whole life story fairly?
真正客观地去记录他自己的一生?
Honestly? Like Proust... without all the upholstery.
说实话吗? 比如普鲁斯特 他写的自传就很真实 不加修饰
Well, sure.
当然
Now, Of Time and the River stopped when I met Aline.
《时光与河流》所讲述的故事之后 我便遇见了艾琳
I'll have to write about that next.
我打算接下来描述这一段经历
She won't like it. She'll love it!
她不会乐意的 她一定会喜欢的!
It'll make her immortal.
这会让她留名百世
Oh, Max, look at this.
噢 麦克斯 快看
What's happening to our country, Max?
我们的国家到底怎么了 麦克斯?
It's so frivolous. What?
真是太没用了 什么?
What I do. Writing books.
我的工作 写文章
These folks will never read.
这些人永远也没机会读到它们
Telling my life story like it's important to them.
记录我的人生轨迹 并不能帮助到他们
These people are starving.
这些人连饭都吃不饱