Sit up straight.
坐直
Heels down. lighten your hands.
脚后跟向下,手放松
Good girl.
漂亮
There we go.
谢谢合作
Now if you can step over here.
现在,麻烦您站到上面来
You're a big one.
你可真结实
Thank you Lilly.
谢谢,莉莉
Have a seat.
坐下
So Mr. Draper
那么,德雷珀先生
You haven't had a physical in quite some time.
你已经很久没有体检了
I eat a lot of apples.
我经常吃苹果(俗语:一天一苹果,疾病远离我)
What is it with you boys?
你们这些年轻人都怎么了
Why does it take an insurance physical to get you in here?
都非要到办医疗保险的时候才来体检
What's the number?
血压是多少
Because that will mean something to you?
现在开始担心了吗
It's 160 over 100
160/100
Which is high for boys our age.
对你这个年纪来说算高了
Tell me about your parents.
你父母的情况怎么样
Living or deceased?
还健在吗
Dead. both.
都过世了
Ages?
去世时的年龄
My dad was 41 42.
我爸爸是41或者42死的
He died in an accident
他死于车祸
And my mother died in childbirth.
我母亲生我的时候死于难产
She was 22 I think.
我想她当时大概是22岁吧
How many drinks do you have a day?
你每天喝多少酒
Wine cocktails beer.
葡萄酒,鸡尾酒,啤酒
Everything depends on the day.
看情况吧,没有定量的
Days of plenty being?
多的时候一般是多少
Three.
三杯
You're a highpowered businessman with a hightension job.
你是个处于高管阶层的商人,压力繁重
I'm trying to help you here.
我只是想帮你
Five.
5杯
And two packs a day but you're cutting down.
一天两罐,不过你还得减
Yes.
好,
All right.
好吧
Any changes in the last year?
过去的一年里有什么变化吗
What do you mean?
你指什么
In your health.
健康方面的
How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?
你早上起来的时候感觉怎么样
How do you feel?
你感觉怎么样
You live too hard
你活得太辛苦了
And not just at the office.
不只是在工作上
It'll hit you all at once.
它会突然压垮你
Nope. no I've been... I've been good.
没,没什么,我一直,一直都还不错
All right I'm going to write you some reserpine to bring that down.
好吧,我给你开一些利血平降血压
And some phenobarbital to help you relax.
还有一些镇静安眠剂,这有助于你放松
You're 36 years old.
你36岁了
You need to take this seriously.
是时候好好珍惜健康了
Buy a boat.
买艘船吧
Breathe in.
吸气
So I wait for Becky to go play
所以我等贝奇去玩的时候
And I look in her pencil case.
检查了她的铅笔盒
There's almost 20 dimes.
里面有将近2块钱
She stopped eating lunch.
她开始不吃午餐了
I hate the dishonesty.
我讨厌说谎
You should be glad she watches what she eats.
你应该高兴,她开始注意自己的饮食了
That's the truth. she is slimming down.
那倒是,她越来越瘦了
Good morning ladies.
早上好,女士们
You want to get off right here?
你想在这里下来吗
You can go right to your car.
你可以直接去你的车那里
No.
不,
He's a prisoner of war.
他是个战俘
Because he can't ride.
因为他不会骑马
A man that age doesn't suddenly take this up.
他这个年龄的人不会突然想学骑马
He's 25.
他只有25岁
Did he tell you that?
他这么跟你说的吗
I think so.
我想是吧
He talks to me. he's engaged.
他和我聊过,他订婚了
There's no point in being aloof.
没必要对他冷漠
I wouldn't know what to talk about.
我不明白有什么好说的
Aren't you funny? are you scandalized?
你真有意思,你是在生气吗
No.
没有
Well if you must know
好吧,如果你一定要知道的话
we talk about you
我们在聊你
And how Gertie has a crush on you.
还有格迪对你的爱慕之情
She's a sadist.
她是个施虐狂
I'll see you saturday.
周六见
Don't you hate getting manure in that?
你不怕把马粪带进车里吗
Little children. what's the difference?
反正小孩也会弄脏的,又有什么区别
Look miss just tell me where you want it.
小姐,你就跟我说你想把它放哪吧
I could take out the lockers and use that wall.
可以把储物柜搬出来,然后靠着那面墙放
The break room?
休息室吗
Don't take away the break room.
不要剥夺我们的休息室
I'm not taking away anything.
我不会剥夺任何东西的
Believe me this machine is a gift to you girls.
相信我,这机器是给你们的礼物
Happy Valentine's girls.
情人节快乐,美女们
How are you going to wear that around your neck?
我看你要拿这个大家伙怎么办
It's much bigger than they said it was.
这比他们跟我说的大多了
I think it needs an office.
我觉得需要专门设间办公室
Come on.
拜托
We're already doubling up. don't do that.
我们都已经挤成一团了,别这么做
My roommate works at ernst & ernst.
我室友在恩斯特会计事务所工作
She did her birthday party invitations on this.
她的生日邀请卡就是用这机器做出来的
On colored paper.
是彩纸做的
I told you Miss I'll try as many places as you want.
听我说,小姐,你想放在那里我就放在哪
Maybe we should leave it here for the time being.
要不我们暂时就先放在这吧
I don't care. I'm doing this.
我受不了了,我要吃了
If you think that if you start eating
你要是觉得你一带头
we're all going to join you you are wrong.
我们就会跟着你一起的话,你就错了
Look Don's not one to stand on ceremony.
听我说,唐不是个在意礼数的人
He's not going to care.
他才不会在意呢
I made it. I knew Draper would be late.
我真及时,我就知道德雷珀会来晚的
I have some crackers in my desk.
我桌子里有些饼干
So burning the midnight oil.
看来是开夜车了
S'all right.
还好啦
Hope the words are good
希望你的文案不错
'cause he ain't got any artwork.
因为他没加插图,
You didn't have time to give it to art?
你没时间给它交给美工组吗
You want to start living here?
你想要把这儿当家吗
I'm supposed to be the Pen&Pencil by 12:30 every day.
我每天12:30前要到Pen&Pencil公司
I was promised.
我说好了的
Look Freddie the eating is the thing.
听我说,弗雷迪,吃就算了
I'm sure you can have a drink.
但你可以喝一杯
It's an unspoken agreement.
这是行业潜规则
I got you Freddie.
我给你拿,弗雷迪
Are these all the glasses Peggy?
所有的杯子都在这了吗,佩奇
I don't know.
我不知道
We have artwork.
我们有插图
Peggy go see if we can expect Don today.
佩奇,去看看唐今天会不会来
That's a good idea.
好主意
Draper's not going to yell at her.
德雷珀不会冲她发火的
You want to be alone with that?
你只喝酒就行了吗
I'm telling you Draper knocked her up.
我跟你们说,德雷珀肯定把她搞大了
She goes away for a couple of months
她离开了几个月
Drops about 9 pounds 8 ounces
瘦了9磅8盎司
Comes back with a job.
回来就升职了
Don's been screwing me for the last three years.
唐都搞了我三年了
I've got nothing.
我怎么什么都没捞到
What's everybody laughing at?
你们都在笑什么
The great debate wages on about Peggy Olson's charmed career
对佩奇?奥尔森幸运的职业生涯的大讨论
Fat farm.
减肥中心啊
I thought we had verification.
我以为我们达成了共识
Do you have any idea when you'll be expecting Mr. Draper?
你知道德雷珀先生什么时候会来吗
I was expecting him at the beginning of work today
从早上开始我就一直在等他过来
But then he called and said he'd be late.
之前他打电话过来说他会晚到
He said he was going to the movies.
他说他要去看电影
Pinocchio.
《木偶奇遇记》
Thank you.
谢谢
Are you insinuating something?
你是在影射什么吗
I wasn't doing anything I don't think.
我没有啊,我不觉得
Well I believe that.
好吧,我相信
I want you to imagine when you talk about Mr. Draper
我希望你每次谈论德雷珀先生的时候都想着
That he's standing right behind you.
他就站在你身后
And think about that whenever you speak of him.
希望你每次谈论他的时候最好都能想到这点
Are you going to tell on me?
你要揭发我吗
I didn't know. What did I do?
我不知道,我什么都没做啊
Do you know where Mr. Draper is?
你知道德雷珀先生在哪里吗
No I don't.
不,我不知道
I think he was joking.
我想他是在开玩笑吧
Lois do you know where Mr. Draper is?
露易丝,你知道德雷珀先生在哪里吗
He's out.
他出去了
Thank you Lois.
谢谢,露易丝
How is it?
这书怎么样
He wrote some of it here.
他有些篇章是在这里写的
Some of it on 23rd street some place they tore down.
还有些是在23街写的,那里已经被拆了
Makes you feel better about sitting in a bar at lunch.
坐在酒吧吃午饭感觉真的不错
Makes you feel like you're getting something done.
让人觉得好像完成了某件事情
Yeah. It's all about getting things done.
是啊,我们总想着如何去完成一些事情
Is it good?
这书好看吗
I don't think you'd like it.
我觉得你不会喜欢的
You wanted to see me?
你要见我吗
I wanted to see that valentine heart.
我想看一下那个情人节的礼物
On my way out. Anything else?
我正要去拿,还有别的吗
I'm taking Mona to Lutest.
我要带莫娜去Lutest餐厅
Let me hear what the living are up to.
我想知道那里环境怎么样
You love her.
你很爱她
What happened to the jewish doctor?
那个犹太医生呢
He's not jewish.
他不是犹太人
Not anymore but he was. trust me.
现在不是了,但以前是,相信我
Is he still a doctor?
他还是医生吗
You sound like a little girl.
你怎么跟个小女生似的
What do you care?
跟你有什么关系
I wish you every happiness.
我希望你幸福
I'm well aware this is vicarious. I already said that.
我知道他只是替代品,我已经说过了
I already know what day he's going to ask me.
我已经知道他什么时候会向我求婚了
Does he know that?
他知道吗
Because I have a feeling there's
因为我觉得
A penalty for passing that date
他要是误了日子就惨了
He knows.
他知道
Mr. Phillips here to see you.
菲利普斯先生要见你
Send him in.
让他进来
Joan.
琼,
Did you girls get my candy?
美女们都收到我的糖果了吗
Yes. It was appreciated and yet unappreciated.
是的,我们很感激,不过并不喜欢
Anything else?
还有别的事吗
No thank you. that'll be all.
没了,谢谢,就这样了
Got a second?
你忙吗
Nothing good ever started with that sentence.
一听这话就知道没好事
It's not that. It's Martinson's coffee.
不是这样的,是马丁森咖啡的事
I'm excited about the possibility of that happening
我很兴奋我们就要拿下这个项目了
And as you recall
而且,如你所知
Martinson's coffee has a unique problem.
马丁森咖啡有一个特殊的问题
Good. we like that.
很好,我们就喜欢这样
Well that's just it.
是这样的
No one under 25 drinks coffee anymore.
25岁以下的人都不喝咖啡了
Just pepsi.
只喝百事可乐
They pour it on their frosted flakes.
他们用它来冲麦片
For those who think young.
对于那些年轻人来说
Which is why I was disappointed to see Don
这也是为什么我对唐感到失望
Put Fred Rumsen on this.
他让弗雷迪?拉姆森做这个项目
So Freddie doesn't drink coffee.
因为弗雷迪不喝咖啡啊
He doesn't wear a bra either.
他也不戴胸罩
He managed to do a good job on Playtex.
但他在哺儿适奶瓶项目上做得很出色
It's frustrating not to have young people around here.
这里没有年轻人让人很沮丧
We're a young country.
我们的国家很年轻
The president has a baby.
总统才刚有小孩
Have you been out there?
你到处看看
It's rotten with kids.
社会都被这些年轻人败坏了
And the cologne they wear.
到处都泛滥着他们身上的古龙水味儿
Real kids. 25. even less.
真正的年轻人,25岁,或者更小
Maybe one of those teams.
或者一个团队也可以
The writer and the artist together.
一个文案和一个美工
Clients keep bringing it up.
客户一直提起这个
Talk to Don about it. just for Martinson's coffee alone.
和唐谈谈这事,只说马丁森咖啡的事
Can't you talk to Don about it?
你自己不能和唐说吗
I thought this was the way things were done here.
我以为程序就是这样的
Didn't you tell me you were a
你不是跟我说
Bridge between a customer and Don
你是唐和客户的桥梁吗
Doesn't sound like me.
是我说的吗
Look Don has talent.
听着,唐很有才华
You know how to deal with that don't you?
你知道该怎么处理,不是吗
Just assume that he knows
你只要设想
As much about business as you do
他像你一样懂生意
But inside there's a child who likes getting his way.
但内心深处却是个任性的孩子
He's not my first creative director.
他不是我第一个创意总监
This is about a sales reality and not personal territory.
我在乎的是现实的销售而不是个人威信
It's what the clients are asking for
这是客户要求的
and we need to have it
而我们需要做到
What's the best way to make it happen?
最好的解决方案是什么
Mr. Draper.
德雷珀先生
Any calls?
有人找我吗
Yes and there was your 12:00
是的,还有你定于12:00的会议
In the conference room.
人都已经在会议室等候了
Of course.
当然了
Well girls can say whatever they want.
女孩子想要什么都行
They want the chocolates.
她们想要巧克力
Right Peggy?
是吧,佩奇
Of course they do.
她们当然想要
I don't do anything. keeps them off balance.
我什么也不送,就是要捉弄一下她们
Hey chief.
嗨,老大
Sorry we're late.
抱歉我们来晚了
I think the little ones need to eat.
我想年轻人需要吃东西
What do we have? Dale wake up.
你们有什么想法了,戴尔,醒一醒
I could just go.
那我先说
Or Kinsey.
还是金西
You want to go first?
你想先说吗
Peggy.
佩奇
I just wrote copy for Dale.
我只是替戴尔写稿子的
Well this is kind of the gist because I was...
这只是一些要点,因为我一直
Well we were...
我们
It just kept changing course.
一直在改变方案
"Mohawk airlines. there's a new chief in the sky."
"莫霍克航空,天空中的新酋长"
And I thought following that
然后我想,紧接着
"most routes to Boston. "
更多到波士顿的航线,
Circle the wagons we've got it surrounded."
把篷车围成圈,你们已经被包围了"
And there'd be wagons around a dot
然后有许多篷车围着一个地方
that says "boston."
标着"波士顿"
I can almost picture it. Sal.
我大概可以想象出来了,萨尔
This is the first time I'm hearing it too.
这个想法我也是第一次听到
So it's about an airline that's flown by Indians?
那么这是说印第安人驾驶的航空飞机喽
Maybe a plane with some arrows stuck in the cargo door?
飞机的舱门上要不要插一些箭头
That's funny.
很有趣啊
That's what gets people's attention now right?
这样才能引人注意是吧
There has to be advertising
我们必须也考虑到
For people who don't have a sense of humor.
那些没有幽默感的人
I understand Don.
我懂,唐
What else you got?
你还有什么想法
Several more Indian puns.
一些别的印第安笑话
Stop writing for other writers.
不要拾人牙慧了
Luxury service.
奢华,服务
A lot of people are afraid of turbulence
许多人都害怕颠簸
So it's dead calm.
它却很平稳
Look how level those drinks are.
看那些饮料都没晃
"wherever Mohawk takes us."
"无论莫霍克带我们去哪里"
Or "you'll love getting there."
或者,"你会爱上在那里的感觉"
What's outside that window?
窗户外面是什么
Fluffy clouds. Research.
蓬松的云朵,查一下吧,
I get on a plane I don't care where I'm going.
我在飞机上时,并不关心我要去哪
I just want to see the city disappearing behind me.
我只是想看到城市消失在我身后
So we could take the clouds out
那我们把云去掉
of there and put in the city
再把城市画进去
The Chrysler building.
克莱斯勒大厦(纽约摩天楼)
That Indian...
关于印第安人
It's not about the majestic beauty of the Mohawk nation.
吸引人的不是莫霍克民族有多美丽
It's about adventure.
而是冒险精神
Could be a pirate.
海盗也可以
Could be a knight in shining armor.
穿着金光闪闪的盔甲的骑士也可以
Could be a conquistador getting off of a boat.
从船上走出来的征服者也可以
It's about a fantastical people
重点是具有奇幻色彩的人
Who are taking you someplace where you've never been.
可以带你去你从没有去过的地方
We could dress the stewardesses as Pocahontas.
我们可以把空姐装扮成印第安公主的样子
With the cheekbones.
在脸颊上涂上油彩
How's his wife going to feel about that?
他妻子会怎么想
Air travel's too expensive to waste on your wife.
航空旅行太贵了,不值得花在老婆身上
You want to get on a plane to feel alive.
你上飞机希望可以感受到生机
If you want to get on a plane to see
如果你登上飞机
just the hint of a woman's thigh
只是为了隐约看到女人的大腿
Because her skirt is just this much too short.
因为她的裙子短了那么一点
Friday?
星期五吗
Tomorrow.
明天
What does that mean?
那是什么意思啊
It means you want to go somewhere go up her skirt.
意思是你想去什么地方,就去她的裙子下面
That's the impression I got.
我也是这个感觉
Carla Bobby's turning blue out there.
卡拉,博比的脸都青了
Did somebody get a lot of valentines?
有人是不是收到了很多情人节礼物
They made everybody give one to everybody else.
他们让每个人都给别人一份
That defeats the purpose.
那就没有意义了
They had a party.
他们办了一个派对
I see. Fruit punch?
我知道了,杂果冰
I'm making this for Daddy.
这是我给爸爸做的
It's beautiful.
很漂亮
I'll see that he gets it.
他一定会喜欢的
Mommy can I do it?
妈妈,让我来吧
Okay.
好,
I want to go riding with you.
我想和你一起去骑马
You can't. Well why?
你不行,为什么啊,
Well for one thing it's too dangerous.
首先,太危险了
No it's not.
才不呢
Do you remember what happened to the little girl in gone with the wind?
你还记得《飘》里的那个小女孩怎么了吗
You are taking a bath tonight.
你今晚得洗澡
They say once you start drinking alone
他们都说如果你开始独自饮酒的话
You're an alcoholic.
你就是个酒鬼了
I'm really trying to avoid that.
我正在避免这种事的发生
So I guess I'm helping both of us.
这么说我是在帮助我们俩喽
Cooper wants younger people.
库珀想用新人
For what purpose?
为什么
Martinson's coffee.
马丁森咖啡
Last time Freddie Rumsen had a cup of coffee
上次弗雷迪?拉姆森喝了杯咖啡
It was one of five being poured down his throat by a cop.
是因为他被一个警察连灌了5杯
Well young campaigns don't
年轻人的广告
necessarily come from young people?
不一定要由年轻人来做
The clients like it.
客户希望这样
The clients like the thrill of young talent.
客户喜欢年轻人的才华带来的冲击力
So what am I supposed to do?
那么你要我怎么做
Dangle a pepsi out the window
把一瓶可乐悬在窗外
And see if I can hook a stroller?
看我能不能钓到个路人
I have some candidates.
我这儿有一些人选
This smells like accounts to me.
这怎么跟账单似的
I had Paul Kinsey make up a list.
我让保罗.金西给我列了个单子
He had no idea he was signing his own death warrant.
他都不知道他是在签自己的死刑执行书
You want younger people than that?
你更想要年轻人而不要他
What do you want me to say?
我能怎么说呢
Tell Duck clients don't understand.
跟达克说客户不懂
Their success is related to standing out not fitting in.
他们的成功取决于与众不同而不是随大流
It's a fad.
那只是一时的风靡
Paint him a picture.
给他描述一下
Something like one wants to be the needle in the haystack
我们想成为草垛里的针
Not a haystack.
而不是成为草垛
Donald isn't it possible that the recently weaned
唐,这些乳臭未干的小孩
Have some unique perspective?
难道没有一点可取之处吗
Joy enthusiasm.
欢乐,激情
You're talking as if they're some fresh version of us.
你说的好像他们是我们的年轻版本一样
They're not.
他们可不是
Young people don't know anything
年轻人什么都不知道
especially that they are young
尤其不知道他们还嫩着呢
Well let me set this in a more appealing context for you.
好吧,让我给你说得更有吸引力一点
Prove him wrong.
证明他是错的
Happy Valentine's Day.
情人节快乐
I love this place.
我喜欢这里
I know.
我知道
So what are we doing?
那么我们做什么呢
Don't worry we will be out of here before the singer starts
别着急,那些人开始唱歌之前我们就离开
Juanita?
安妮塔
Betsy Hofstad.
贝蒂?霍夫斯特
Look at you.
看看你
This is so nice.
这真是太棒了
Don believe it or not you two have met.
唐,信不信由你,你们俩见过
I don't think we have Bets.
我可不这样觉得,贝蒂
Don Draper. Hello.
唐.德雷柏,你好,
A pleasure to meet you.
见到你真高兴
A pleasure.
我也是
Juanita was one of my roommates
安妮塔以前是我室友
when I lived down westside.
我们那时住在西区
We were models together.
我们那时都是模特
In that horrible apartment.
那公寓真可怕
Do you live in the city?
你住在市区吗
Well I do.
我住在市区
Curtis is from Detroit.
柯蒂斯住在底特律
Automobiles.
汽车行业
How are you?
你怎么样
I work as a decorator.
我是个室内设计师
How exciting.
好棒哦
I have a little girl and boy.
我有一个女儿和一个儿子
Of course you do.
当然了
It looks like everything's going well.
好像一切都很顺利啊
My god that stone.
天呐,钻石
That was a gift.
这是礼物啦
Give me your phone number.
给我你的电话
Tell me how I can reach you.
告诉我你的联系方式
Does anyone have a business card?
有人带名片了吗
I do.
我有
I would love a nice long lunch.
我们该一起好好吃一顿
So nice to see you.
很高兴见到你
That is not who I thought she would end up with.
我没想到她最后会和那种人在一起
I don't think it's permanent.
我觉得这只是暂时的吧
Can you imagine still dating at our age?
你能想象我们这个年龄还在约会吗
She's a party girl Bets.
她天生就是个交际女郎,贝蒂
Really?
真的吗
Really.
当然
And how do you know that?
你怎么知道的
Well?
快说嘛
How stupid do you think I am?
你觉得我有多笨
Juanita Carson.
安妮塔?卡森
Should I get another one here?
还要喝一杯吗
What are we doing?
我们接下来要去干什么
How does room service sound? Oh Don
你觉得开房怎么样,噢,唐,
I came prepared.
我为你准备了精彩的"节目"
I suppose people get lonely.
我觉得人们越来越寂寞了
And it's Valentine's Day.
而今天是情人节
"Be mine for $100."
"100美元陪我一晚"
How much is it do you think?
你觉得那值多少钱
I told her I wanted to have hundreds of babies with you.
我跟她说我愿意给你生上几百个孩子
Hello lovely.
你好啊,亲爱的
Hello.
你好
Happy Valentine's.
情人节快乐
That's so sweet.
你真贴心
I got your little note.
我收到你的纸条了
Well Hildy did.
是希迪收到的
You have to be careful about just putting things in my bag.
你应该注意,不要就这么把东西放在我包里
Come on open them. I want one.
来啊,打开吧,我要一个
Okay.
好,
The round ones are coconut.
圆的是椰蓉的
Should've got the kind where they put that chart in the box.
真该买那种盒子里带说明的
I spoke with Jennifer Crane.
我和詹妮弗?克雷恩说话了
She's expecting.
她正待产
That's impossible.
那不可能啊
Harry didn't tell me anything.
哈里什么都没告诉我
That's because he doesn't know.
因为他不知道
She's going to surprise him tonight.
她准备今晚给他一个惊喜
I just got so distracted.
我只是有点心烦意乱
Dinner's not for an hour.
晚餐只吃了一个小时都不到
Tweety.
小迪
There's no reason that's bad for us.
这对我们来说也不坏
I saw this dumpy woman on second avenue
我看到那个矮胖的女人
By the Hungarian market.
在匈牙利市场附近的第二街
And she had her daughter pushing a stroller
她的女儿推着一个婴儿车
With a little boy in it.
车里躺着一个男婴
And she was round.
她看起有点发福了
She was expecting another.
应该是又有了身孕
She was just buying fruit like it was any other day.
她跟平常一样在买水果
The daughter was pregnant.
她女儿怀孕了吗
No.
不是
The mother.
是她妈妈
It's this big club they're all in together.
那么多人都身怀有孕了
Even her.
就连她也怀了
Well rest assured.
放心吧
She doesn't have what you have.
她根本没有你所拥有的东西
Jennifer Crane does.
但是詹妮弗?克雷恩有
Do you really believe that?
你真的相信吗
I guess not.
不太相信
Hold on.
等一下
What's wrong?
怎么了
Don it's okay.
唐,没事的
We've got all night.
我们有一整个晚上
I wish you would just tell me what to do.
我希望你可以直接告诉我该怎么做
We drank too much you know.
我们喝的太多了
I don't even know where I am.
我甚至不知道我在哪
You should eat something.
你该吃点东西
Hello. yes.
你好
This is Mr. Draper in room 804.
我是804房间的德雷柏
Yes. Can you send up some vichyssoise
能送份奶油马铃薯汤过来吗
And a BLT on wet toast that
还有一个西红柿培根三明治
No. Shrimp cocktail.
不,我要炸虾尾
Two of them. Scratch that.
两份,不要那些了,
Two shrimp cocktails please.
来两份炸虾尾好了
Wait a minute.
等一下
Hello. Do you have anything special?
喂,你们有什么特色菜吗
Anything out of season?
比如反时令的菜
This piano was designed by Franklin Roosevelt...
(这架钢琴是由富兰克林.罗斯福设计的)
Oh leave that.
看刚才那个
That's so complicated.
(设计工艺非常复杂)
How about this?
这个怎么样
I want a half avocado filled with crabmeat
给我来个牛油果焗蟹肉
And a rare petite filet.
再加些小肉片
Two place settings.
要两份
And if it's an American company
如果是家美国公司的话
That you can help i like to do that.
我就觉得还不错
If it's not just as long as it's the best.
如果不是,只要做的最好就行
I rather love this hall.
我很喜欢这个大厅
It has all the colors one thinks of
这里的颜色与人们想到白宫时
When one thinks of the white house...
所联想到的颜色很一致
Red and white and blue and gold.
红,白,蓝,还有金色
It's through this door that all the heads of state come.
各个国家的首脑都从这个门经过
And this is where the president meets them.
这里是总统会见他们的地方
And here is where the marine band plays.
这里是海军乐队演奏的地方
They have "ruffles and flourishes"
他们演奏"鼓号齐鸣"
Then "hail to the chief."
接着演奏"向统帅致敬"
And then there's a receiving line
还有迎宾队列
And then everyone goes in to dinner here In the state dining room.
所有人从这里进入国宴厅用餐
Where's her husband?
她丈夫在哪
Though the table now is not set up for that many.
尽管我们现在并没有看到那么多的桌子
Are there many state dinners?
国宴举行的次数多吗
Yes there are.
是的
There were almost two a month last year.
去年大概一个月会有两次
This room's interesting
这个房间非常有意思
Because it has the most architecturally unity
因为它是白宫所有的房间里
Of any room in the white house.
建筑风格最独特的
It's really all 1902
都是1902年的风格
When Theodore Roosevelt took the great restoration
当时西奥多罗斯福曾委托
With Mckim Mead and White.
马吉姆米德-怀特建筑公司对其进行修复
Which of these pieces have historical associations?
哪些部分有历史意义呢
There are quite a few.
很多都有的
You have to see this.
你得看看这个
Dolly Madison's sofa.
多丽麦迪逊的沙发
That's Nelly Custis' sofa.
那是内利卡斯蒂斯的沙发
No I don't.
不,我不要看
She was Washington's granddaughter.
她是华盛顿的孙女
I feel so strongly
我强烈地感觉到
That the white house should have this fine a collection.
白宫应该拥有这个华丽的收藏
It's so important the setting in which
总统行政区的布局是很重要的
The presidency is presented to the world.
因为它要呈现给全世界
What do you think it is?
你觉得这是什么
I don't know
我不知道
But I'm going to find out.
但我很快就会弄明白的
And now a word from our sponsor.
下面是来自广告赞助商的讲话
Their armoire?
他们的衣橱
I've seen them in Connecticut but they're copies.
我在康涅狄格州看到过,但都是仿货
You know Jackie has a real one.
杰姬有一个真品
In the White House?
在白宫吗
I think so.
我想是吧
She seemed nervous.
她看上去很紧张
Even when she saw Jack at the end.
尽管她后来看到杰克了
It was like they were playing house.
感觉他们在玩过家家啊
That's chocolate ice cream.
这是巧克力冰激淋
Or blood.
还是血迹啊
I couldn't throw it away.
我不能就这样扔了吧
It's French.
还是法国货呢
We'll call it chocolate ice cream and I'll work on it.
是巧克力冰激淋,我来搞定吧
Well I'm sorry we missed it.
很抱歉我们错过了
No time for television.
因为没时间看电视
Stop rubbing it in.
别再提这个了
Really. A room at the savoy?
真的吗,在沙威酒店开个房间
That takes thought.
那可要想破脑袋才能想出来
Your night sounded very romantic.
听上去你过了个非常浪漫的夜晚
I would describe it as delightfully disappointing.
我觉得应该是失望并快乐着吧
There was a time when he overdid it
有时他会做的很过分
But I'll take dull and know where I stand.
但我会装不知道,我知道自己的立场
I agree.
我同意
What?
什么
I ran into this old friend.
我偶遇了一个老朋友
Juanita Carson.
安妮塔?卡森
We were models together.
我们以前做模特时在一起
Roommates.
租同一个公寓
She was in the lounge of the savoy.
她当时在沙威酒店的大厅里
She didn't look cheap.
她看上去并不寒酸
Except for this 2carat stone.
还戴了个两克拉的钻石
But she wasn't with a date.
但是她不是在约会
She was with a companion.
她是和一个"同伴"在一起
I don't understand.
我没明白
Don agreed with me.
唐也同意我的说法
He was an old man.
他看上去很老
She's a call girl.
她在做妓女哦
Really?
真的吗
Butterfield 8?
《青楼艳妓》啊(引用电影名)
I wonder what that's like.
我有点好奇做妓女是怎么回事
I don't know.
我也不知道
New York... Manhattan... is expensive.
纽约,曼哈顿,都是极其奢侈的地方
We forget that.
我们都忘了这个
I used to look at people in restaurants with envy.
我也曾经很眼红地看着饭店里的人
Don gave me a fur coat.
唐送了我一件毛皮大衣
If prostitution is don showing up with a fur coat
如果唐送你一件毛皮大衣就叫做招妓的话
Sign me up.
那我干脆也去做妓女好了
I don't think it's like that.
不过我可不觉得会是这样
I just keep picturing Juanita at 22 years old.
我只是不停在想22岁时的安妮塔
We shared a room.
我们住同一个房间
Talked in the dark...
经常在夜深人静的时候聊天
I know we wanted the same things.
我知道我们想要的东西是一样的
When I was 22 whenever I was really low on money
当我22岁的时候,如果缺钱了
I would call my father and let him
我就打电话给我爸
know that i was going to Havana
告诉他我要去哈瓦那(古巴首都)
And he would without fail
然后他就毫不犹豫的
send $25 in cash in the mail.
给我寄来25块现金
He wanted you to have a good time.
他想让你玩的开心点
No. he's a degenerate gambler.
不,他是个堕落的赌徒
And it would always come with a list of instructions
他寄钱的时候总会寄来一堆
Of how to bet it.
教你如何去赌的指南
You're kidding me.
你开玩笑吧
No. and he never won because I never went.
没有,他从没赢过因为我从没去过
That's criminal.
这是犯罪吧
What's wrong with the conference room?
会议室有什么问题吗
Why don't we go to my office?
为什么我们不去我的办公室呢
Plenty of room.
很宽敞
Braggart.
吹牛吧你
Nope. We're sitting here.
不,我们就坐这
I'm trying to figure something out.
我在想一些事情
So pops we should celebrate your soontobefat wife.
那么,我们是不是该庆祝一下你怀孕的老婆
Aren't you happy?
你不开心吗
Sure. I mean it's going to be a lot of headaches.
当然,我是说马上会有很多麻烦事了
Things are going to change. But come on.
很多事情都会改变了,不过还好
He's really meeting with them.
他真的要和他们见面
Why are they doing this?
他们为什么要这么做
I guess you haven't been privy to
我猜你一定还不太清楚
some of Duck's scoutmaster talks
从达克的团队里传出来的消息
About how we need younger creative.
说我们多么需要年轻的创意人才
Who said that? Did he say that?
谁说的,他说过吗
A few times. Wonderful.
好几次了,太好了,
Look we're in the same boat.
我们都在一条船上
I'm sure he'll turn his sights on us.
我确定他会注意到我们的
No one's been promoted in accounts since he came in.
自从他来了之后还没有人被提升
I can't believe Donald would listen to Duck.
真不敢相信唐竟然会听达克的
Well maybe Duck made him.
有可能是达克逼迫唐听从他的
Nobody makes Draper do anything.
没人可以强迫德雷柏做任何事情的
Let me tell you Don Draper has a rope coiled under his desk.
唐?德雷柏的桌子下面有一条绳子
And it's looped around Duck's neck.
直接缠着达克的脖子
And Duck's going to run around and run around
达克只能绕着桌子来回跑
And then one day...
然后有一天
There's a meeting? Nobody told me there was a meeting.
在开会吗,怎么没人告诉我有会啊
Can we change venues?
我们能不能换个地方啊
So I have a lot of thoughts.
我有一些问题
How old are you?
你们多大了
25
25.
But that resume24.
他24但那个简历,
That's really just two years.
实际上只有最近2年的
months without a doubt.
应该说是18个月,毫无疑问,18
Right.
好的
You're experienced I gather.
你应该很有经验
Are you married?
结婚了吗
That's why we're on the purpose.
这就是我们能来应聘的原因
He's right.
嗯,他说的对
We haven't settled down yet.
我们还没稳定下来
So again you both did everything together
这么说,你们俩做什么事情都在一起吗
And yet you get paid more.
但是你的薪水要高些
Well I have a writing background.
是啊,我有写作背景
Short fiction. and I'm a citizen.
短篇小说,而且我是本市市民
But you contribute words.
但是你也帮忙润饰了字句
Only when it's a distance.
除非他词不达意或表现力不够的时候
I'm going to ask you a question
我再问你们一个问题
That was always asked of me when I was on job interviews.
这问题也是我以前参加面试时经常被问到的
That is divine man.
那应该很经典吧
Have you ever been fired?
你们曾经被解雇过吗
I believe you that other people have them in the hallways.
我相信你说的其他人会把这东西放在走廊
I just don't know if that's right for us.
我只是不太确定对我们来说是否合适
I mean this is an environment for clients.
这个地方是给客户的
We don't want to appear to be bursting at the seams.
最好不要让这个地方显得特别拥挤
Lois may I speak with you?
露易丝,我能和你聊几句吗
Theresa said there was an incident yesterday.
特蕾萨说昨天出了点事情
You were crying in the break room
你在休息室哭了
Which I have specifically forbidden.
这可是我明令禁止过的
I'm sorry but Peggy...
对不起,可是佩奇她
Miss Olson.
是奥尔森小姐
She yelled at me.
她对我大喊大叫
Why would she do that?
她为什么要对你喊叫
I'm good at my job.
我工作做的很好
The next time that you come to complain...
下次如果你再来抱怨的话
I wasn't complaining. you wanted to talk to me.
我没有抱怨,是你要跟我聊几句的
This is why I don't allow crying in the break room.
这就是为什么我不允许在休息室哭
It erodes morale.
这会影响士气的
There's a place to do that like your apartment.
而且有很多地方可以让你哭,比如你家
It came over me.
我知道了
And I would correct your attitude towards Miss Olson.
我得更正一下你对奥尔森小姐的态度
It's unbecoming.
是非常不合适的
Yes Joan.
是的,琼
Do we like this in the hallway?
我们把它放在走廊合适吗
I think it looks good now
起码现在看起来还行
But I think it will become messy.
但估计不久就会变的很乱
I agree.
我也这么觉得
Looks good.
谈的很愉快
By the way
顺便说下
it has Julian Koenig's fingerprints all over it.
这里到处都是朱利安?凯宁格的指纹
His master's voice.
他是主管
Also not mine.
不是我
Pleasure to meet you Mr. Smith.
很高兴与你会谈,史密斯先生
Smitty. Kurt.
斯密特,库特,
We have the same last name.
我们俩同姓
We don't want peopl to mix us up.
所以不想让别人把我们弄混
It must happen all the time.
那肯定经常发生
You two share an office?
你们俩共用一间办公室可以吗
Works best that way.
那样工作效率是最高的
Look at this.
看这个
Gentlemen your reputations precede you.
先生们,久仰你们的大名
Duck Phillips head of account services.
达克?菲利普斯,客户服务部主任
I get a distinct impression.
好像我们两个现在成了焦点人物
Pardon?
你说什么
We'd rather people not know we were here.
我们不太想让别人知道我们在这
If it gets out we're meeting...
如果别人知道我们与您会面了
of course not. yes right.
当然不会了,是的,没问题,
Bye.
再见
I'll let him know she called. Okay.
我会转告他有电话找他,好的,
I like the direction you're taking.
我喜欢你处事的方式
Good.
很好
Now that I've given you your babies and your xerox machine
我把你要的年轻人和影印机都搞定了
Should I throw in a couple of elephants?
我是不是应该再往里扔几只大象呢
I don't want there to be any excuse
如果你没能争取来马丁森咖啡
When you can't bring in martinson's coffee.
我可不想你会有什么借口
Don't get worked up.
别高兴得太早
You know there are other ways to think of things
知道吗,除了你自己想事情的方式以外
Than the way you think of them.
还有很多其他考虑事情的方式
The testimonials.
消费者评论
I was thinking we could get younger girls.
我觉得我们可以找些年轻女孩
Sixth graders.
比如六年级的
It would mean different publications.
这是完全不同的消费人群
Do they need clearasil that early?
她们这么早就需要用克利拉思(护肤品牌)
Doesn't matter. Doesn't.
这个没关系的,没关系,
I guess we could try that.
我觉得我们可以试一下
Two more from DDB. Even younger.
又从恒美广告公司挖来了两个更年轻的
Just assume that everyone on the
看来你给罗杰那份名单上的人
List you handed Roger is coming in
都会被挖过来了
You're an idiot.
你真蠢
I don't understand that. I'm only 22.
我不知道会这样,我才22啊
You don't count.
你根本不算
We've got to get him out of here.
我们得把他弄出去
Come on daddy.
走吧,未来的老爸
How often do you get to celebrate
把女人肚子搞大了还要庆祝
Getting some girl gregnant?
这种事可不是天天都有的
Campbell you're buying.
坎贝尔,你请客哦
We still have to show mohawk to Mr. Draper.
我们还是得把莫霍克广告文案拿给德雷柏看
Dale's not here.
戴尔现在不在
Mr. Draper doesn't care.
德雷柏先生才不在乎
Kids. What's the big deal?
孩子嘛,有什么大不了的
Do you want to have kids?
你想要小孩吗
Eventually.
终究会要的啊
Exactly.
说得太对了
Mr. Romano Miss Olson.
罗曼诺先生和奥尔森小姐找您
Send them in.
让他们进来
Where are we?
进展地怎样了
You tell us.
你来告诉我们
"where are you going?"
"你将要去何方"
Are you going to underline the "you"?
你非得强调"你"吗
For half the people it will be
大部分人会这么说
"where are you going?"
"你要去哪儿"
I also had "come away with us."
我通常会说"与我们同行吧"
Where the hell's Dale?
戴尔到底去哪了
He's sick.
他病了
I don't know. sure.
我真的不知道
Fine.
好吧
It's exactly what we talked about.
这就是我们之前谈论的
It's obvious.
当然了
I'm uninvolved.
但我还是没有被打动
What about that?
这是怎么回事
I think it's sentimental.
我想这可以唤起人们的感情
Peggy.
佩奇
No she's right.
她说的很对
Just because it has sentiment doesn't make it sentimental.
有感情的因素在里面不一定就能唤起共鸣
We're talking about businessmen.
我们讨论的是商人
Right. Businessmen who like short skirts.
没错,商人都喜欢短裙
Sex sells.
性推销
Says who?
谁跟你说的
Just so you know
你知道
The people who talk that way think that monkeys can do this.
有那种想法的人认为猴子也可以做这些
And they take all this monkey crap
然后他们这些糟糕的"猴子理论"
And just stick it in a briefcase.
都装进公文包里
Completely unaware that their success
并且完全没有意识到
Depends on something more than their shoe shine.
他们的成功并不仅仅依赖于鞋油
You are the product.
把你自己想像成产品
You feeling something.
你要学会去感受到一些东西
That's what sells.
这才是推销
Not them.
不是那些人说的狗屁理论
Not sex.
也不是性
They can't do what we do.
我们所能做到的他们做不到
And they hate us for it.
所以他们恨我们
"welcome back daddy"?
"欢迎回家,爸爸"
Is that a question?
这是个问题吗
"what did you bring me daddy?"
"爸爸,你给我带了什么礼物"
You can put that in your book.
你可以把这句话记下来
What is going on?
怎么回事
He's going to take it to Leon in actuarial?
他要把这个拿给精算师利昂吗
His stomach's so fat it's now resting on his desk.
他的胃很大,都可以放在桌子上了
Got to feed that big brain.
应该给他的大脑多供点养料
He's a deal breaker.
他简直是交易的克星
I'm a closer.
那我就是福星
That Cecelia?
那个塞瑟莉娅
Sits outside Fred Talbot's office?
坐在弗雷迪?塔博特办公室外面的
You made that happen?
你搞到手了
Silver tongue.
花言巧语的功夫不错啊
I got her three stingers.
我请她喝了三杯鸡尾酒
She's a little girl.
她还是个小女孩
You have to give them an excuse.
你必须给她们找个借口
That's what I always say.
那是我常说的
She had those panties that said "wednesday."
她那写着"星期三"的内裤
They were soaked through.
全湿了
I love that.
我喜欢
Once the engine was running She wouldn't stop.
一旦开始了,她就停不下来了
She's so straight.
她很直接啊
You'd think that.
是啊
Take your hat off.
摘下你的帽子
Is there a problem?
有什么问题吗
Damn it.
该死
Everything okay?
你还好吗
You know anything about cars?
你懂车吗
No.
不懂
Can you tell them at the esso to send a tow truck?
你能到加油站那里帮我叫辆拖车吗
Okay.
好的
Hey Carla.
嘿,卡拉
Hi.
嗨,
Hey bebe.
嘿,宝宝
Hey daddy.
嘿,爸爸
How was your day Mr. Draper?
德雷柏先生,今天过的怎么样
I am tired.
很累
Where's Mrs. Draper?
我太太呢
She just went to get sally from ballet.
她去芭蕾舞班接萨丽了
Want a ride to the station?
要我送你到车站吗
No. I'm all right.
不用了
It's a nice night out. I enjoy the fresh air.
今晚天气很好,我想呼吸下新鲜空气
Good night Bobby.
晚安,博比
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
I don't like it.
我不喜欢吃这个
Here. Give it to me.
来,给我吧
I just know when the smoke starts to come out
我只知道有烟冒出来的时候
I have to stop.
我必须停下来
That's true.
没错
I got a fan belt on the truck. I could put it in for $9.00.
我换了一个风扇皮带,9块钱
Hold on.
等一下
I have $3.00 and change.
我只有3块和一些零钱
I could put it on account
我可以记在帐上
Send you a bill.
回头寄张支票给你
I don't want my husband knowing about this.
我不想让我丈夫知道这件事
It's a new car.
这是辆新车
He doesn't like the way I drive.
他不喜欢我开车的方式
That's got nothing to do with this.
那跟这事好象没什么关系
Well it would mean the world to me.
但对我很重要
I don't know. you know the...
我不知道
The belt's 2.55.
这个皮带值2块5毛5
So there's nothing you can do for a damsel in distress?
你不能为一个落难的年轻女子做点什么吗
Are we bargaining here?
我们是在讨价还价吗
Well yes I guess we are.
嗯,我想是吧
I could say no couldn't I?
那我不同意,行吗
That would be a terrible disappointment.
那真是太令人失望了
It would be wouldn't it?
确实啊,是吧
It's not that complicated.
不是很复杂
That's a relief.
这话让我如释重负
Well that'll do it.
搞定了
Have a good night now.
那么,祝你晚上过的愉快
I will.
我会的
Polly!
波莉
I'm here too.
我也在这呢
Hi daddy.
爸爸
Hi.
嗨,
Bobby conked out.
博比已经睡了
Where were you?
你去哪了
Mommy was late.
妈妈迟到了
I got stuck talking to
我在停车场遇到玛丽莲?科奇勒
Marilyn Keckner in the parking lot.
聊了一会儿
Well I was here.
我一直在这
Did you eat something?
吃东西了吗
I did.
吃过了
Come on show me what you learned in ballet.
给我看看芭蕾课都学了什么
Now I am quietly waiting
现在,我在安静的等待
For the catastrophe of my personality
等待我那溃败的人格
To seem beautiful again
能够再度变得美丽
And interesting and modern.
变得有趣,富有现代气息
Made me think of youD
让我想起了你,唐
The country is gray
整个城市是灰暗的
And brown and white and trees.
泛着灰白色,树木凋零
Snows and skies of laughter are always diminishing.
雪和欢笑也总是会慢慢消失的
Less funny not just darker.
不再有那么多有趣的事情
Not just gray.
而不仅仅是黑暗
It may be the coldest day of the year.
这是一年中最冷的日子
What does he think of that?
他到底在想什么
I mean what do I?
我是说,我到底在想什么
And if I do
如果我真的知道
Perhaps I am myself again.
那么我就找回自我了