手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第二季 > 正文

广告狂人第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集:取消和莫霍克航空的合作

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Sounds like the place.

好像是这里
I couldn't believe there were two parties on this block.
真不敢相信这条街上曾同时举办两个派对
I have no problem with negroes.
我倒不是害怕那些黑鬼
I'm just worried about the car.
只是不放心车
We can still go home. this was your idea.
现在回去还来得及,是你要来的
It's important that we're here for you.
还不是为了你,这对你很重要
For the people that work for you.
这里有你的很多下属
Lovely go easy on that.
好吧,放轻松点
Some of them don't feel that way.
有些人可不这样认为
Is my nose running?
我有没有流鼻涕
how are you? hi.
你好啊,你好,
Sorry about that buddy.
不好意思,兄弟
What did you do with your coats?
你把外套放哪里了
We left them in the car.
放在车里了
When we called to get directions from somewhere else in New Jersey
我们在新泽西打电话问路时
A familiar face Paul gave Harry the idea.
正好看到保罗,他告诉哈里该怎么走的
I took my purse.
我拿了钱包
I can smell alcohol but I don't see it.
我闻到酒香,从哪里传来的
It's him.
他在喝
It's a party.
这是聚会
Cosgrove's doing great.
科斯格罗夫玩得挺开心的
Let's go get a drink.
我们去喝两杯
I'm going to stay here.
我还是留在这里好了
Come with me.
一起去吧
So you work for these stuffed shirts?
这些西装男是你的老板吗
I work with them.
我们是同事
Peggy. glad to see a familiar face.
佩奇,太好了,能看到一个熟人
Yes. how are you?
是啊,感觉怎么样
Introduce us to your friend.
给我们介绍下你的朋友
Eugene whom I just met
尤金,刚认识的
Was telling me that at Princeton
他跟我说保罗在普林斯顿读大学时
Paul used to dress up like a girl.
穿得跟个女孩似的
According to him that's the way Shakespeare did it.
他认为这也是莎士比亚的穿衣风格
Looking stunning as always.
还是那么迷人
Much too good for him.
他可配不上你哦
What are you doing out here?
你来这里做什么
Not enough subterraneans in the Village?
格林威治镇不是很多这样的聚会吗
I'm here because this isn't Greenwich Village.
我来是因为这里不同于格林威治镇
This is America.
这才是真正的美国
How do you get to the city?
你是怎么到城里的
The number 33 bus takes you right to port authority.
直接坐33路车就可以到港务局了
Trust me Montclair is the knees.
相信我,蒙特克莱尔可不是一般的小镇
We have Globe Trotter Antiques.
我们拥有"驰骋全球古董店"
We have the Wellmont Theater.
还有维蒙特剧院
Silent movies with organ.
风琴做背景音乐的无声电影
The montclair art gallery.
蒙特克莱尔艺廊
George Inness. have you heard of him?
乔治.英尼斯(美国画家)你们听说过吗
Of course I have.
当然听说过
Come.
加入
Enjoy.
享受
Imbibe
畅饮
You're a button you know that?
你很娇媚,你知道吗
And you're drunk.
你喝醉了
Can't get Donna here on my desk because she keeps refusing.
我一直无法把唐娜弄上床,她总是拒绝我
You're not allowed to do that.
你可不准再拒绝我
I can't feel my cheeks.
我都感觉不到自己的脸了
I can.
我可以感觉得到啊
I feel them fine.
很光滑
My mother says when you can't feel your cheeks
我妈说当你感觉不到脸的时候
It's time to stop.
就该到此打住
Well what do I do with this?
那我的手该往哪里放呢
There. that works.
好了,现在可以了吧
Oh my God.
噢,老天
Don't you and Kitty have some place to be?
你和凯蒂难道不可以到别处去吗
Apparently when they say "on call"
很显然,当他们说随时待命
It does not mean "available by phone."
不是指让你守在电话旁边
You have to be in the hospital.
你必须赶到医院去
I'm sorry he didn't make it.
很遗憾他没能来
I'm looking forward to meeting him.
我一直很想见他
I've been having this pain right here.
我这里一直有点痛
You've met him.
你见过他的
How could I forget?
我当然不会忘记
Big handsome saves people's lives.
高大,英俊,救死扶伤
Why did you get the nice glass?
为什么你的杯子格外漂亮一些
Because I have the Rhone Gallagher.
因为我喝的是洛恩?加纳格尔(酒名,音译)
Fine. what is it?
好吧,那是什么
There's a ship that went down in 1871
有一艘轮船于1871下水首航
and the casks of Rhone were on it.
船上有一大批的洛恩酒
It was a very good year.
那一年年景很好
And it sank
但最后这艘船沉没了
And they washed up on shore two years ago
两年前这艘沉船又被水冲上岸
And they sold 180 bottles
他们卖了船上的180瓶洛恩酒
And I have one.
这就是其中一瓶
But not a sofa.
也就一瓶而已
Joan I want you to meet someone.
琼,我给你引见一个人
My baby... Sheila.
我的宝贝希拉
Sheila White.
我叫希拉?怀特
Joan is our senior secretary.
琼是我们的高级秘书
Office manager.
准确地说是业务经理
Sheila's an assistant manager.
希拉是经理助理
At the Food Fair in south Orange.
在奥兰治南部的"食天地"商场
She's saving for school.
为了筹钱交学费
Kinsey! what?
金西,什么事,
The man upstairs is here.
上面的那个大人物来了
God?
上帝吗
No. it's Mr. Hoffenberg.
不,是霍夫伯格先生
He wants to talk to you.
他想跟你谈谈
He smells marijuana.
他身上有大麻味儿
Don't talk until I get back.
一定要等我回来再接着谈
I'm serious.
我可是说真的
I don't think we have a Food Fair in Manhattan.
曼哈顿应该还没有"食天地"商场
Is it a big market with a parking lot?
是带有停车场的大商场吗
It is.
是的
Well one day you'll drive in in a station wagon and be a customer.
有天你也会作为一位顾客,开旅行车进去
I grew up out here.
我是那里长大的
I've already been a customer.
经常光顾那里"食天地"商场
It's fun to meet the boys put faces with names.
终于看到这些男孩长什么样了,真有趣
Well it's good to see you and Paul together.
很高兴看到你和保罗在一起
I have to say when Paul and I were together
恕我直言,以前我和保罗在一起的时候
The last thing I would have taken him for was openminded.
没发现他原来思想这么开明
I love your purse.
我喜欢的你的包
Thanks. I just got it.
谢谢,刚买的
What's that?
那是什么
Marjorie. works at the newsstand.
马乔里,她在报刊亭工作
I like.
我喜欢
But behind her.
我是指她后面那东西
You stole that.
你偷的
That's from the office.
那是办公室里的东西
That dumb girl almost got fired.
那个无辜的女人差点因此被炒鱿鱼
But she didn't.
但她最后还是保住了工作
I'm a writer. I need it.
我是个作家,我需要这东西
Hey Brooklyn come home with me. No
布鲁克林小美人,去我家吧,不,
Why not? I live alone.
为什么不行,我一个人住
Why should I?
我为什么要跟你回去
Because I like you and we're having a good time
因为我喜欢你,而且我们在一起很快乐
And I'm a good kisser
还有,我的吻技一流哦
And you know you want to.
你内心也是想去的
Eugene.
尤金
I'm in the persuasion business
我的工作就是说服别人
And frankly I'm disappointed by your presentation.
坦白说,你花言巧语的功夫让我很失望
Come on.
别这样
Fifth avenue's a parking lot in both directions.
第五大道两端都被堵得水泄不通
Traffic makes the parade look bigger.
车辆让这次游行显得更壮观了
What parade?
什么游行
Colonel Glenn.
格伦上校(传奇飞行员)
It's incredible what passes for heroism these days.
真搞不懂现在的人是怎样定义英雄的
I'd like ticker tape for pulling out of my driveway
估计刊载他消息的报纸叠起来比车道还长
And going around the block three times.
说不定绕着街区转三圈都绰绰有余
It's not like people were shooting at him.
他又没有被人枪杀
I think he's a winner.
我觉得他的确是个赢家
Square jaw false modesty.
轮廓鲜明,故作谦逊
Looks like he just took off his letterman jacket.
看上去似乎还稚气未脱
You going to go down there with your autograph book at lunch
你是不是也打算趁午餐时去买他的签名书
Can I just fire everyone?
我是不是该把他们通通炒鱿鱼
Excuse me!
不好意思
Excuse me!
不好意思
This is a place of business.
这是工作的地方
Colonel Glenn will be on earth for the rest of his life.
格伦上校这辈子有的是时间让你们看
Plane went down.
一架飞机坠落了
American airlines flight 1 to Los Angeles.
美国航空公司到洛杉矶的1号航班
Crashed in Jamaica bay.
在牙买加失事
There could be a hundred people on there.
飞机上大概有上百人
Just fell out of the sky.
直接从空中坠落
Turn it off.
关掉
Pull all Mohawk ROP.
把莫霍克的广告撤下来
And anything in production stop it.
停止一切广告制作
But it wasn't a Mohawk plane.
但这又不是莫霍克,的飞机
We don't want people opening their morning paper
我们不能让读者打开晨报时看到
And seeing a Mohawk ad next to a picture of a floating engine
莫霍克广告旁是失事飞机的残骸图片
The rest of you stop crying
还有你们,都别哭了
And figure out how we're going to hit the ground running
想想我们怎样才能在三周内
In three weeks with new work.
创作出掷地有声的新广告作品
Excuse me.
麻烦让一下
Well for one thing
眼下,我们似乎
We should probably avoid the term "hit the ground."
不该用"掷地"这个词
How about "Idlewild to Rockaway in less than eight minutes"?
那说8分钟内从艾德威尔德机场到洛克威怎么样
Answer the phone sweetheart.
接电话,宝贝
some of the passengers...
有些乘客
were on their way to a golf tournament.
是前去看高尔夫联赛
Apparently the minute the plane hit
显然飞机着陆时
The bay turned plaid.
海湾都成方格状了
Get back to work.
工作去
Jets are made for dropping bombs on Moscow
飞机就是用来向莫斯科扔炸弹的
Not french cuisine.
不是运输法国菜
Although I like those little girls they have.
不过我倒是很喜欢法国女孩
You know they're completely captive.
很容易就能得到她们的芳心
Mr. Phillips to see you.
菲利普斯先生要见你
Send him in.
让他进来
Someone should tell Draper to pull everything from Mohawk.
应该让德雷柏撤掉莫霍克的一切广告
He knows that.
他知道的
I just had an interesting conversation with Shel Keneally.
我刚和肖?肯尼利谈了下
He's inside of American Airlines.
他在美国航空公司工作
Is the plane still crashed?
现在飞机的情况怎么样了
Shel was a client when I was at Y&R in London.
肖是我在伦敦扬?罗必凯公司工作时的客户
We had some times together.
我们合作得很愉快
It's complete chaos over there.
现在那边一片混乱
They have any idea what went wrong?
他们弄清楚事故原因没有
None.
还没有
Normal takeoff perfect weather.
起飞很正常,天气也很好
The thing just nosedived exploded.
但飞机就这么突然坠落,接着就爆炸了
That's not comforting.
这消息可让人很不安
Shel says they're going to need to make a fresh start.
肖说他们需要重新开始
Did he say "fresh start"?
他说过"重新开始"这样的话吗
A few times.
说过几次
That is an interesting phone call.
真是一次有趣的通话
Yes.
是的
Yes.
是的
I can't talk right now.
我现在不方便说话
Mr. Campbell are you all right?
坎贝尔先生,你还好吧
Mr. campbell?
坎贝尔先生
I'm sorry. am I bothering you?
抱歉,我打扰到您了吗
What's going on?
怎么了
I just got off the phone with my brother.
我刚和我哥通完电话
It's the strangest thing.
太难以置信了
Apparently my father was on that plane.
我没有想到,我爸也在那架飞机上
What?
什么
My father he was on the plane.
我爸刚好乘坐那架飞机
God I'm sorry to hear that.
天啊,我很抱歉
I don't know what to do.
我不知道该怎么办
I just saw him at the barber.
我不久前才在理发店见到他
Paul molen on lex.
就是列克星敦大街的保罗理发店里
What does one do?
这种情况下人们通常会怎样做
Make arrangements I guess.
我想应该都是安排老人的身后事吧
What am I supposed to do?
我该怎么办
What people do.
做你该做的
Go home.
先回家
I don't even think I know how old he was.
我甚至连他多少岁都不知道
Someone's going to ask that.
或许有人会问我
I don't know. I suppose.
我不知道,我想大概会有人这么问吧
You know what?
跟你说
I don't think I'm going to tell anyone.
我想我不会四处散布我父亲的讣告的
Am I going to cry?
我会大哭一场吗
You just had a shock.
你刚只是被吓到了
I wouldn't... worry about what you're feeling.
我能理解的你现在的心情
Go home and be with your family.
回去跟家人呆在一起吧
Why?
为什么
Because that's what people do.
因为人们一般都会这样做
Is that what you would do?
你会这样做吗
Yes.
是的
Really?
真的吗
Yes.
是的
Everything's exactly the same.
一切都没有变
You should go home.
你应该回家去
What about the Stouffer's meeting?
斯托弗那边的会议怎么办
I'll cancel it.
我会取消的
It's not hurting anything.
不会有什么影响的
There's life and there's work.
除了工作,还有生活
Hey I got one.
我想到一个
"Mohawk airlines...
莫霍克航空,
when you need to make it past Jamaica Bay."
助你穿越牙买加海湾
How about "American... pioneering vertical flight"?
那"美国垂直飞行之先河"如何
Mr. Draper Mr. Cooper would like to see you.
德雷柏先生,库珀先生要见你
I spoke with Hank Lamont over at Mohawk.
我和莫霍克公司的汉克?拉蒙特谈了下
How are they doing over there?
他们那边现在情况怎样
He says they can weather it out.
他说应该能度过这个难关
I always get the feeling
我一直觉得
That man opens his front door and money comes in.
那人财路四通八达
Always cleaned me out.
却总是让我血本无归
Best poker player in the south Pacific.
南太平洋最好的扑克牌手
Duck tell Don here about your phone call.
达克,跟唐说说那次通话
Well I put in a call to check in with Shel Keneally
我给肖?肯尼利打了电话
over at American Airlines.
想了解一下美航那边的情况
He used to run international.
他以前是运营国际航班的
We're old pals.
我们是老朋友了
He picked up the phone?
他接电话了吗
What's going on over there?
那边什么情况
Shel says it's bedlam.
肖说那边一片混乱
Anyway he was quite clear about the fact
不过,有一点他很确定
That they're going to want to make changes
他们只有大刀阔斧地进行改革
If they want the dust to settle fast.
才能尽快让这一事件尘埃落定
What does that mean?
什么意思
It means they'll be looking for a new image
这就是说他们要树立新的形象
And thus a new agency.
因此需要借助一家新的广告机构
What's it been
这才过了多久
Four three hours since the plane went down?
离飞机失事也就三四个小时而已
You'll have to forgive me
我大概得请求你们的原谅了
For not looking at a bunch of bodies in Jamaica bay
看着牙买加海湾成片的尸体
And seeing the opportunity.
我可没洞察到什么商机
Adding a few hours or a day or a week
如果不趁现在抓紧时间行动
Doesn't make this any more of an opportunity.
商机就会从我们手中溜走
We already have an airline.
我们已经有一家航空公司客户了
We don't have American.
但那不是美航
That's right we have the one whose planes
是啊,不过,我们这家航空公司
Didn't just fall out of the sky.
可没有发生飞机坠毁事件
That's good.
说得很好
I'm sorry. is there an issue?
抱歉,事情不是很明确吗
$1million. $7 million.
1百万和7百万之间的博弈,
Am I missing something?
你们是不是隐瞒了什么信息
Did you sign American during this phone call?
你已经在电话中签成合同了吗
No but shel made it very clear
没有,但肖说的很清楚
That if we can get rid of our conflict
如果我们能解决彼此之间的矛盾
He'd love to hear our ideas
他会很乐意听听我们的想法
It's a serious foothold.
这可是个基本的立足点
A foothold. I'd do anything for a foothold.
立足点,我愿意为之竭尽全力
This is how it works.
做生意就得这样
We got a regional airline
我们已经有了地区航空公司这样的客户
So we'd have a shot at a big one.
我们应该争取拿下更大的航空公司
I know how you had it in your head.
我知道你是怎么想的
The president of American Airlines sees a Mohawk ad
你希望美航董事长看到莫霍克的广告时
Falls in love and says "get me that guy."
立马喜欢上,并点名要你
I'm sorry it didn't play out that way.
很遗憾事情并不是这样
Easy.
别激动
We have a good client who trusts us
我们有一个很好的客户,信任我们
who likes our work
喜欢我们的策划
Who pays their bills on time.
按时付款
They don't deserve to be thrown out the door
我们不应该抛弃他们
For a wink from American.
只为了讨好美航
I can't believe this.
你简直不可理喻
Anything else?
还有什么事吗
He'll be fine.
他过会就好了
I'll need to cancel my reservations to Sarasota
我需要取消去萨拉索塔的航班
And of course Andrew's return flight.
当然,还有安德鲁的返程机票
But I... well they can't possibly expect...
但是,他们不可能再
I'm sure that's taken care of.
我相信这事会处理好的
Dunham's taking care of all that.
邓纳姆会处理好一切的
Bud's on the phone with him right now.
布德现在正在跟他打电话
I'm sure he'll forget something.
他肯定会遗漏什么
There's no way that he can remember everything.
他不可能什么事都记得做
Bud's very good with things like this.
布德做这些很在行的
Is he aware there is no way to have a funeral without the remains.
他难道不觉得葬礼上没有遗体会不妥吗
What's the difference?
这有什么关系
You're right.
你说得对
There's just so much to do.
我们能做的也只有这些了
What is that?
那是什么
What?
什么
That.
那个
That.
那个
What is that?
那是什么
Take it.
拿走吧
I want you to have it.
你把它拿去吧
He was such a fine man
他真是一个好人
So wellmannered civic.
彬彬有礼,并且有责任感
My father admired him.
我父亲很欣赏他
What a nice thing to say.
说得真好
I like to offer a nice bouquet of thoughts.
我喜欢说一些赞美之词
Did you take care of everything?
你把全部的事都处理好了吗
They do this all the time.
他们常年就是干这个的
what? I took care of it.
什么,我处理好了,
Give me another one of those a big one.
给我来杯大的
Dunham had some unpleasant news.
邓纳姆听到一些不好的消息
Dad was insolvent broke.
爸爸因无力偿还欠债而破产了
Is there enough for a funeral?
家里的钱还够支付葬礼吗
As if the idea of a will never crossed your mind?
你难道就没想过遗嘱的事吗
We weren't going to get that.
我们得不到的
You weren't.
是你得不到
What about her money?
那妈的财产呢
The Dykeman trust isn't as solid as one would hope.
戴克曼信托财产并没有我们期望的那么多
A lot of loans were taken out by the President...
董事长借了不少钱
And recipient... daddy.
而收款人是,爸爸
Really? for what?
真的吗,怎么会这样
I asked Dunham if there was a woman.
我问过邓纳姆爸爸是不是在外面有女人
He said no.
他说没有
It's all oysters travel and club memberships.
钱都花在买牡蛎,旅行,还有会费
Does she know?
妈知道吗
You want to tell her? go ahead.
你想告诉她吗,去吧
Everything's been taken care of.
一切都已经处理好了
Boys.
孩子们
Father called you salt and pepper.
你爸爸把你们比作盐和胡椒(形容差别大)
That's beautiful Dot.
很美的比喻啊,丹图
Hi daddy.
嗨,爸爸
I made you a ham sandwich.
我给你做了火腿三明治
What is this?
这是做什么
Carlton and Francine are coming over for cards.
卡尔顿和弗朗辛待会会来打牌
Oh bets. didn't we just do that?
我们不是才打过不久吗
We haven't done it since before christmas.
那是圣诞前的事了
And they keep inviting us and we never go.
他们一直邀请我们去,我们一次都没去
Can I play cards? I want to play.
我可以打牌吗,我也想参加
I'm going to lie down for a minute.
我想先躺会儿
I have the chenille bedspread on.
我铺上了新的绒线床罩
Pull it back or they'll see the marks on your face
记得放下来,不然他们会看到你脸上的印痕
And know you were sleeping.
然后就会知道你刚刚在睡觉
You can say hello to everyone then it's off to bed.
你可以先向大家问好,然后就去睡觉
Muddled. That means smash it.
混合,意思就是要将它碾碎
He'll be nicer on the second one.
给他再来一杯,他就不会这样挑剔了
You did a wonderful job on mine.
我的这杯泡得很好
Thank you.
谢谢你
Go take mommy and Francine's orders.
你去帮妈妈和弗朗辛的忙
Bobby that is your last one.
博比,只能吃最后一块了
All right. come on go.
好了,去吧
Watch tv.
看电视去
They're growing like weeds.
他们长得可真快啊
That's true.
是啊
We have the Caruthers girl over to babysit already.
卡拉瑟斯家的女孩现在是我家的保姆
Can you believe that?
难以置信吧
I don't think we know her.
我们好像不认识那个女孩吧
You'd remember.
你应该还记得
Goes to Immaculate Heart.
她在圣心学校念书
I've been out of high school a long time
我虽然离开学校已经有很长时间了
But honestly the way these girls dress And those uniforms.
但坦白说,那些女孩的衣着,那些校服
Carlton.
卡尔顿
What?
什么事
I'm enjoying this story so far
这故事很吸引我
But I have a feeling it's not going to end well.
但结局恐怕会不尽人意
I think that Francine brings her in to torture me.
我想弗朗辛是故意用她来折磨我
I mean everything I do rubs her the wrong way.
我做什么都惹她不高兴
I got rid of the apartment in the city.
我放弃了城里的公寓
I'm taking her to Nassau.
带她去拿骚那样的小镇
There was a pie cooling in the windowsill
眼睁睁的看着美味的馅饼在窗台上变凉
And I'm not even supposed to smell it?
我却连闻的机会都没有
It's darkness at noon.
世界陷入一片漆黑
What do you want to hear?
你想要我说什么
Now come on.Don't be like that.
好了,别这样
Two tom collins.
两杯杜松子果汁酒
Okay you don't smash the cherry on that.
好,别把樱桃给弄碎了
Just plop it in at the end.
最后放点在里面就可以了
Try to keep it in the top of the glass. Gin.
尽量让它浮在杜松子酒上面
Oh good you didn't wait.
噢,天啊,你们没等我吃饭啊
We couldn't. it's late.
太晚了,所以就没等了
Work.
工作给耽搁了
Your hair looks nice.
你发型不错啊
It does
是啊
And she fought with Mr. Pierre every minute of it.
她可忙着跟皮埃尔先生打情骂俏呢
He's got some funny ideas.
他这人挺有趣的
You want something to eat?
要不要吃点东西
No thank you. I already ate.
谢谢,不用了,我吃过了
Connie Griffin was in her yard hanging laundry in Bergen beach.
康妮?格里芬当时在卑尔根海滩晾衣服
She saw the whole thing.
她目睹了整件事的经过
Can you imagine?
太不可思议了
WOR said there were sharks eating the victims.
WOR电视台说有鲨鱼以遇难者的尸体为食
That's worth reporting.
这确实值得报道一下
You want toast?
你要吃吐司吗
Mama I already ate.
妈,我已经吃过了
You say you're coming to dinner and you already ate?
你不是说来吃饭的吗,怎么先吃了
I came because I wanted to see you.
我是想来看看您
We never see you.
我们可难见你一面
I'm here. right now.
我现在不是在这里吗
Such a pretty face.
多美的一张脸啊
Gladys Rhine was asking for you at church.
我在教堂的时候格拉迪斯?莱茵问到你
Babe saw your brassiere ads in the newspaper.
那小孩在报上看了你们做的内衣广告
You should see poor Donny. his skin is horrible.
可怜的小唐,皮肤真糟糕
Clearasil.
克利拉思祛痘膏
He's beyond that. It's a shame.
这对他没用,太可惜了,
He's a handsome boy.
本来长得挺俊的
Lots of people was asking me about you.
很多人都在向我打听你的事
Doesn't mean the same thing to me that it means to you.
这对你和对我的意义是不一样的
I think your father would like it if you lit a candle for him.
你若能为你父亲点只蜡烛,他会开心的
I pray for you.
我会为你祈祷的
You know she lies and tells people
她向别人撒谎说
You're out of town on business.
你是因为公事出去了
She has some madeup church in Wilkesbarre Pennsylvania
她还造谣说你去了宾州威克斯巴勒的教堂
Where you go to mass with a friend of hers.
说你跟她一个朋友去做弥撒去了
No one asked her to lie.
没人让她说谎
She's not going to be here forever.
她在这里也呆不了多久了
Would it kill you to go?
你这么不想走吗
I don't want to.
我不想走
And I'm capable of making my own decisions.
我有能力自己做决定
Really? State of New York didn't think so.
是吗,纽约州可不同意
The doctors didn't think so.
医生也不会同意的
Did you bring the vacuum?
你带真空吸尘器了吗
Yes.
带了
Did you empty the bag?
袋子清空没有
Yes.
清空了
How do you let her get away with making a bid of 150?
你是怎么让她叫牌叫到150的
She usually overbids. how was I supposed to know?
她总是叫牌叫很高,我怎么知道
I do not overbid. I'm cautious.
我才没有叫牌过高呢,我很谨慎的
I hear it's going to be a row of apartments all up Cedar lane.
我听说雪松大道上将建一排新的房子
No more cedars.
现在已经没有雪松了
No parking around the school.
学校周围也没有停车场
You know I could've had that property for a song?
我本来可以以超低价格买下那里
A song and a half tops.
绝对的低价
I thought he was crazy but there you go.
我起初还觉得他想法有点荒唐,可结果呢
I'm sure we have something else to talk about.
我们还是谈点别的吧
Did you hear about that jetliner?
你们听说失事客机的事情了吗
Terrible. It's terrible.
太可怕了
I was supposed to fly to Cleveland.
我原本打算坐飞机去克利夫兰
Now I can't. I have to take the train.
现在看来还是坐火车好了
Nine hours.
要坐9小时
You have got to be kidding.
这简直是在开玩笑嘛
Sorry.
不好意思啊
I love the train. You do too.
我喜欢坐火车,你不也喜欢吗
Bobby.
博比
Go back to bed.
回床上去
I'm scared. I heard something.
我很害怕,我听到奇怪的声音
Everything's great. Go back to bed.
一切都好好的,回床上去吧
Bobby.
博比
Come on.
来,
Do what your mother says.
听妈妈的话
When I was a child
我小时候
I would've been way more afraid of my father than of going to sleep.
虽然也害怕一个人睡觉,但我更怕我爸爸
I hated going to sleep when I was a kid.
我小时候也讨厌上床睡觉
But I bet you did when you were told.
但当大人们呵斥之后你肯定也就乖乖睡了
With a stack of comics and a flashlight.
在床上用手电筒看漫画
I don't care what they do when they're up there.
我才懒得管他们在床上做什么
I just like a few hours of quiet.
我只希望能安静会
Ernie tests my patience.
艾妮也在考验我的忍耐力
Said he saw a ghost.
他说他看见了鬼
He was scared.
被吓到了
He's a little liar.
他是个小骗子
He is?
不会吧
He drew the most amazing picture of George Washington the other day.
他那天画了一张出色的乔治?华盛顿画像
His teacher was so impressed
他的老师对此赞赏有加
She put it up in the hallway.
还把画贴在走廊上
It really looked like him.
画得是挺像
Well obviously.
当然了
Because he brought it home
他把画带了回来
And I noticed the exact same image of Washington
我看到他书的封面上有
On the cover of one of his books.
一模一样的图片
He had traced it.
他是照着书上的痕迹描摹的
What happened?
怎么回事
He brought a book to school so he could trace it?
他带书到学校就是为了描摹上面的图片
Well I don't know. maybe they had it there.
这我也不清楚,或许这本书本来就在学校
I mean the point is it was dishonest.
关键是他不诚实
My whole art department is run on tracing paper.
我们整个美工部都是这样描图纸
Why reinvent the wheel?
有现成的干嘛不利用
I've got the rest.
我出完了
I don't care about tracing.
我不介意他临摹图画
What about all that praise he accepted for something he didn't do?
但他不应该接受不应得的表扬
Well the book says they start fibbing at this age.
书上说他们这年纪是会撒点小谎
They want to see if they can make it come true.
他们想验证一下撒谎能否最终成功
I don't need a book to know what little boys do.
我不用书来告诉我这些小男孩是怎么想的
You have anything you want me to take back to the library?
有没有书需要我拿去图书馆还的
Anything you want me to pick up?
或是有什么要带的
No. I have to renew the Agony and the Ecstasy.
不用了,我要续借《痛苦与狂喜》
It's taking forever.
得花很长的时间才能看完
I should go. I have to work tomorrow.
我得走了,明天还要工作
Busy bee.
真勤劳
Aren't you going to say good night?
不跟他们道晚安吗
Hi aunt Peggy.
嗨,佩奇阿姨
Marilyn says Helen bishop's trying to stop them
玛丽莲说海伦?碧西伯
From putting parking meters at depot plaza.
不让他们在广场收取停车费
Apparently she got chummy with some administrator at the high school.
她的确跟中学的某个领导关系暧昧
Big fat fellow.
那个大块头家伙
Carlton's put on a few.
卡尔顿最近长胖了些
I think it's nice he's filled out.
这挺好的啊
It shows he's happy.
说明他过得挺开心的
I wouldn't say that.
我可不这样认为
Why not?
为什么
Did he say something? what did he say?
他说了什么了吗,快告诉我
He didn't say anything.
他什么也没说
Well he should be happy.
他应该感到开心
Okay maybe he is.
或许吧
He should be happy and grateful
他应该开心,并且心怀感恩
And showering Francine with love after what he put her through.
他让弗朗辛受了这么多苦,应该加倍爱她
Look bets I'm not going to fight.
听着,我不想跟你争吵
I'll say whatever you think I should say
我会说合你意的话
But I'm not going to fight with you.
但不会跟你争吵
What sweetheart?
怎么了,亲爱的
You laughed. what's funny?
你刚刚笑了,有什么有趣的事
I just...
我只是
I was just thinking that the last conversation I had with him.
我只是想起了和他的最后一次谈话
We were arguing about whether Barney Kellogg
我们当时在争论巴尼?凯洛克
Bred Boston terriers or French bulldogs.
养的是波士顿猎狗还是法国斗牛犬
I'm sorry you were arguing.
真遗憾你们最后一次谈话居然在争吵
Those ugly little pushedin faces.
那只狗有着丑陋凹陷的脸
The labored breathing.
呼吸很艰难
He said they were French bulldogs.
他认为是法国斗牛犬
I said they were Boston terriers.
我却坚持说它们是波士顿猎狗
He was angry about it.
他为此还很生气
Oh Peter neither of you knew it was the last time.
皮特,你们都没料到这会是最后一次谈话
Fighting about facts my mother calls it. We do it all the time.
我妈说我们总是在为事实争论
Argue over something that's actually one thing or another.
为一件又一件事争论不休
What do Barney's dogs look like?
巴尼的狗长什么样
Just beige.
淡棕色
Kind of like pugs but with big ears.
有点像哈巴狗,但耳朵很大
Those are French bulldogs.
那确实是法国猎犬
Really?
是吗
When I woke up I felt fine for a minute.
我刚刚醒来时还感觉好好的
Then I remembered.
但之后却想起了这事
You should be thinking about the good times.
你应该想想你们在一起的快乐日子
Right.
是啊
So they go out a third time
所以他们又去了第三次
And now the restaurant's even worse... Indian food.
这次的饭店更糟糕,印度菜
But she really likes him.
但她确实很喜欢他
I told you he worked for city hall for the mayor.
我跟你提过他在市政厅为市长做事
So what happened? I need three copies.
接下来发生什么事了,我需要复印三份,
One goes to Mr. Robinson one to Mr. Fairbanks
一份给罗宾森先生,一份给费尔班克斯先生
And one to Mr. Smith.
还有一份给史密斯先生
The strange one.
就是有点奇怪的那个
That doesn't narrow it down.
还是没说清楚是哪个
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Kinsey.
金西先生
Is something wrong?
有什么不对劲吗
I'm avoiding you.
我一直在回避你
Or haven't you noticed that after three days?
这三天来你都没有发现吗
Are you worried about the typewriter?
你是在担心那台打字机吧
I'm not going to tell anyone.
我不会告诉任何人的
Although you were so brazen
虽然你这人厚颜无耻
You don't deserve clemency.
你不配得到仁慈的对待
What did you say to Sheila?
你对希拉说了什么
Who? Sheila.
谁,希拉,
My girlfriend.
我女朋友
Describe her to me.
跟我说说她长什么样
Very funny.
真可笑
I know what's first on the list.
我知道她有什么地方吸引你
Oh my god I knew you were a lot of things...
我早就知道你这人不简单
I'm not a phony.
起码我不是个骗子
You're so proud.
真够得意的
It's so obvious why you're seeing her.
你跟她约会的目的是显而易见
A supermarket checkout girl?
就那个超市售货员
Conversation must be stimulating.
谈话一定很刺激吧
Lettuce costs a nickel.
莴苣5分钱一个
What a relief. you're just jealous.
我可以放心了,你是在嫉妒
Because you're the one who got away?
那是因为你一直在逃避
You out there in your poorlittlerichboy apartment
你住在那可怜的公子哥公寓里
In Newark or wherever.
在纽瓦克还是什么地方来着
Walking around with your pipe and your beard.
留着胡须叼着烟斗四处转悠
Falling in love with that girl
与那女孩坠入爱河
Just to show how interesting you are.
就为了展示你的风趣
Go ahead. what part is wrong?
继续啊,难道我哪里说错了吗
Pete?
皮特
Duck. come in.
达克,进来
Where's the girl?
那女孩哪去了
She's supposed to tell me if she goes anywhere.
她应该事先跟我说一声去哪里的
When my old man died I went on a hell of a bender.
我父亲死后,我也颓废了好长一段时间
You heard about that.
噢,你也听说了
I had to read about it in the Times.
在泰晤士报上得知的
I wish you felt that you could talk to me about it.
我希望你能主动跟我谈谈
You should be able to. we're practically family here.
你应该这样做,我们也差不多算是一家人了
I don't know Duck.
达克,我实在不知道说什么
There's not a lot to say.
没什么好说的
No of course not.
当然了
Your old man was in advertising right?
你父亲是广告业的吧
Boston.
在波士顿
Used to talk about the '20s
总是谈起20年代的事
like we're idiots.
弄得我们像傻瓜一样
My father wasn't.
我父亲可不是广告业的
Of course it turns out I really didn't know anything about him
因此,我对他几乎一无所知
Except that he did not like advertising.
不过我知道他很讨厌广告
Ah that's his style.
这是他个人喜好问题
I'm sure he was proud of you.
我想他一定为你感到自豪
Some people have trouble saying it.
只是有的人不知该如何表达
Yes. that was a problem for him.
是的,他的确不善言辞
What's not to be proud of?
他应该为你感到骄傲
You pay attention. You're hungry.
你工作认真,又有抱负
Most of the time you know what you're doing. I've noticed that.
据我观察,大多数时候你都目标明确
I appreciate that.
谢谢你能这么说
Now I don't want you to think I'm being insensitive
希望你不要认为我接下来要讲的话不合适
But we're going after American Airlines.
我们要争取美国航空公司
Well it's... I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable.
我,我不希望你情感上觉得难以接受
Okay.
好的
I'm meeting at the university club with Shel Keneally.
我会去大学俱乐部跟肖?肯尼利见面
Tonight actually. get everything rolling.
实际上就在今晚,启动一切计划
If anything I'd like you on board.
总之,我希望你能加入我们
I want you leading the way on this thing.
并负责这次的项目
I think I am uncomfortable.
我想我的确难以接受
I don't think I should do that.
我觉得我不适合接这项任务
It just happened.
我父亲才刚去世
I haven't even cried yet.
我还没来得及大哭一场
Of course. It was inappropriate.
这确实不太合适
I'm sorry for your loss.
我为此感到遗憾(双关,亦指失去这个机会)
Can you come in here with the papers I asked for?
麻烦你把我要的文件拿进来
Sweetheart.
亲爱的
You mind?
请回避一下
I need you to set a meeting.
你需要组织一次会议
A quiet place but public.
安静点的公共场所
Have a hearttoheart with Henry Lamont.
跟亨利?拉蒙特好好谈一次
Why would I do that?
为什么要那么做
Because we're cutting him loose.
因为我们要跟他们解除合作关系
Duck's having a meeting with Shel Keneally
达克今晚会去见
from American Airlines tonight.
美航公司的肖?肯尼利
He's letting them know that Mohawk is over.
并告诉他我们已经解除了和莫霍克的合约
And that gets us a pitch?
这对我们有什么好处呢
It sends a signal that we're serious.
这是向他们表示我们的诚意
And that we're willing to do whatever it takes.
并表明我们会为此竭尽所能
He has nothing and this is more of it. It's desperate.
他现在一无所有,这是他们的最后一搏
Come on. You should be salivating
别这样,你应该庆幸
To rip these guys away from DDB.
我们有机会把他们从恒美广告公司抢过来
And even if we don't win this account
即使最终我们拉不到这个客户
We're going to be on a list in the New York Times
我们也会有机会上纽约时报
Of big boys pitching for this business.
说几家知名广告公司共同争取美航
We have an airline.
我们的客户中已经有一家航空公司了
What kind of company are we going to be?
我们到底要发展成为怎样一家公司
The kind where everyone has a summer house?
一家每个员工都拥有避暑别墅的公司
I can't believe I look like an idiot
真不敢相信一直以来我就像个傻瓜一样
For wanting to be loyal to these people.
对这些人忠心耿耿
Take off your dress.
少给我虚伪了
You get a chance at American Airlines you take it.
抓住争取美航的机会
End of discussion.
谈话结束
Hildy can you get my wife on the phone?
希迪,可以帮我接通我妻子的电话吗
Of course.
好的
Forget it.
还是算了
Mr. Campbell.
坎贝尔先生
Don. do you have a minute?
唐,有时间吗
What do you want Campbell?
什么事,坎贝尔
I just was... I don't know.
刚刚,我也不知道
It's not a good time.
我现在很忙
If you want you can leave him a note.
如果你愿意,可以给他留张便条
People do that.
大家都是这样做的
No.
不用了
Thank you.
谢谢
Good night Joan.
晚上好,琼(琼?霍洛韦,出生日期:1931/2/24)
Did you see who did this?
你看见这是谁干的了吗
No.
没有
I never would have guessed you were in your 30s.
我怎么也猜不到你都三十岁了
People should not bring their personal problems into the office.
大家不应该把私人问题带到办公室里
I agree.
我同意
Is it so hard to just leave everything at the door and just do your job?
难道做好分内事少管闲事就这么难吗
I look forward to it.
我也希望这样
They can't stand it.
他们自己承受不了
They'll drag you into the garbage out there.
就把你一同拉下污水
They just want you to be as miserable as they are.
想看到你和他们一样痛苦
I say let them have it.
随他们去吧
Thanks.
谢谢
How are you Don?
最近怎么样啊,唐
Henry.
亨利
Sit down.
请坐
Can I get you anything?
要点什么
You know I'm glad you picked this place.
我喜欢你挑的这地方
It reminds me of Pearl Harbor.
让我想起珍珠港
For many reasons.
原因有很多
Do you think you're not going to have to say it?
你难道不准备说了吗
Sterling Cooper has decided to
斯特林?库珀已经决定
end its relationship with Mohawk airlines.
解除和莫霍克之间的合作关系
Sterling Cooper.
斯特林?库珀
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
It wasn't my decision.
这不是我的决定
You know when we came in there
当初我们去你们公司的时候
They all said Sterling Cooper is Don draper.
大家都说斯特林?库珀和唐?德雷柏是一体的
That's what you get.
这就是你在大家心目中的地位
That talk you gave me about us growing together.
那次谈话你还说我们要一起共同发展
You said Sterling Cooper didn't need a big airline.
你说斯特林?库珀不需要一家大的航空公司
You were going to make us a big airline.
你会把我们打造成一家大的航空公司
I wish things hadn't worked out this way.
我也不想事情弄成这样
I'm almost embarrassed to say this.
我实在不愿这样说
You fooled me.
你耍弄了我
Stockholders weren't remotely impressed with firing our head of ops.
股东们在解雇业务经理一事上不太满意
So this agency change well
所以换广告公司这事
that's going to be a process.
得按步骤来
And to be part of that process?
那我们也算是步骤之内吧
listen we're here talking right? of course.
听着,我们只是在讨论,当然,
But it's hard for me to leave here comfortable
但是我可不想就这么离开
Unless I know what your objections are.
你得告诉我反对的理由
Well we're a few steps away from objections.
我们现在还谈不上反对
We're just sticking a toe in the water.
只是试试水
Well we're not. we jumped in.
但我们可是投足了资本
Pete.
皮特
It's good to see you.
见到你太好了
Shel this is Pete Campbell.
肖,这位是皮特?坎贝尔
I don't think he's our best.
不能说他是我们公司最优秀的
I think he's the best.
应该说是全美国最优秀的
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴见到你
You as well.
我也是
I was just telling my buddy Shel here
我正在跟肖说为了跟他们合作
How we've really cleared the way to be in this.
我们要扫清多少障碍
I was telling Duck here we don't know where we are yet.
我刚告诉达克我们还不清楚自己走到哪一步了
I don't think you're aware
我想你还没觉察到
Of the level of commitment and enthusiasm
斯特林?库珀对这个项目所抱有的热情
For this project at Sterling Cooper.
以及所作出努力和承诺
It's true.
确实
We've got writers bucking the gate.
工作人员已迫不及待想写策划了
I've already got a stack of ideas on my desk
我办公室里还存放着一大堆广告构思
That I think you'd love to see.
你应该会有兴趣看看的
We understand how delicate
我们明白要重新获得公众的信任
The process of rebuilding the public's confidence will be.
是怎样一个复杂的过程
Not just the public. our stockholders.
不只是公众,还有我们的股东
Well I want you to know that
我希望你能明白
Should you decide to bring us your business
如果你把这项重任交予我们
There will be someone on your account
我们会尽心的为你服务
Who knows exactly what you're going through.
因为我们非常理解你们的遭遇
My father was on that plane.
我父亲恰好在那架飞机上
My goodness.
我的天啊
Sorry to hear that.
深表遗憾
Yes. well...
是的
It's a horrible thing.
的确很不幸
Hopefully something good will come of it.
希望大难之后会有后福
That is something I will pass on.
我会把你们的想法传递给公司上层的
Shall we grab a bite?
要不要来点吃的
I put our name in.
我已经预定过了
I'm not your waitress but are you all set here?
我不是你的服务员,您还需要什么服务吗
Excuse me?
什么意思
You've been sitting alone a long time.
你在这里坐了很久了
Can I get you a menu?
需要菜单吗
I don't think so.
不用了
I have to drop this off
我得把这个拿过去
But I can swing back around on my way out.
不过我还可以再过来
Not tonight.
今晚不行
Peggy Would you hold him for me?
佩奇,能帮我抱一下他吗
Thanks.
谢谢

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
insensitive [in'sensitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 不敏感的,麻木不仁的,感觉迟钝的

 
unpleasant [ʌn'pleznt]

想一想再看

adj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的

 
agony ['ægəni]

想一想再看

n. 极度的痛苦,挣扎

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
cautious ['kɔ:ʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 十分小心的,谨慎的

 
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。